bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 5, 11 12:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

gnewburn
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by gnewburn on Apr 5, 11 7:42 AM
I deleted & reinstalled game..having problem with 2nd bullet cassing...now I tried to enter a new profile...wont work

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Apr 5, 11 2:29 PM
Game won't even allow me to play the first hog game.The hint will identify an object but won't allow me to pick it up. Mary

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Apr 5, 11 2:42 PM
The game window is larger than my screen. Objects are impossible to find since they are off the edge of my screen. In options all I can see is the turorial button and the edge of one other button. If there's some kind of graphics adjustment or windowed mode there, it's no use to me because I can't click on it...it's too far off to the left of the screen. Going to a lower screen resolution doesn't seem to help either. I have purchased this game and would like to play it in the near future.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 5, 11 4:43 PM
Hi Fishies!

For technical issues please be sure to contact Customer Support and they'll be more than happy to assist. They can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

For Bonniesan or anyone else encountering display issues, it may also help to use your monitor's refresh button after launching the game. If you have any questions or if that doesn't do the trick, please let CS know.

Thanks and hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Apr 5, 11 5:36 PM
I played the demo for about 15-20 minutes and upon exit my system crashed.

crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on Apr 6, 11 3:31 AM
I got to the first HOG and couldn't select anything.

[Post New]by darkthrone on Apr 6, 11 5:36 AM
I can ONLY talk with the police officer and enter the crime scene talked with the assistant once the HOG starts I see all the items but can not select any of them

NormanFan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by NormanFan on Apr 6, 11 2:44 PM
I refreshed my monitor and the game still is left of center. There's about an inch or more space to the right, and the left is off the screen (example: the Menu button only has the "nu" part visible on the left - the rest is cut off).

I also had an issue where it would not accept my profile name - it came back as "invalid entry" with no reason why.

This game looked fun, but if the screen is only partially visible, it makes it impossible to play.

Thanks anyway!

[Post New]by darkthrone on Apr 6, 11 3:56 PM
NormanFan what's your screen resolution I'm running 1152 x 864 and it's centerd just fine try tweeking your resolution

altomare
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by altomare on Apr 6, 11 5:52 PM
I am unable to even start the game - it won't let me enter my name. I have tried "Add" and "Load" and neither will work. Not a good start to a game.

tbnsgma
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tbnsgma on Apr 6, 11 7:14 PM
altomare wrote:I am unable to even start the game - it won't let me enter my name. I have tried "Add" and "Load" and neither will work. Not a good start to a game.

I'm having the same issue. Won't even load or start the game.

[Post New]by sharigoodwin on Apr 7, 11 11:44 AM
i download game and get a "mode not supported" message as my screen keeps scolling any thoughts of what my problem could be?

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 11:45:05 AM PST

[Post New]by darkthrone on Apr 7, 11 12:20 PM
Sent in a Dr. Felix report to customer support they got back to me letting me know that my video card software needed updating as well as Microsoft DirectX, Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Shockwave all needed to be updated so I did tried the game again no difference

[Post New]by Nascarfango88 on Apr 14, 11 7:31 PM
This game Art of Murders eadly Secrets is a joke. I installed the day I bought it. Tried to play it today and it was on my manager list but wouldn't bring up the game. I went in and printrd only 9 pages of the blog walkthrough,(that's all they had) which is fine with me. Went back and uninstalled the game than went back to my account and reinstalled it and it still doesn;t work. Some message about direct x and Bing Bar came up. What in the h---is that. I can't afford to be buying all these games and this garbage too. I am a little frustrated can you tell? Sounds like everyone else is to. I love playing these games and your company is a good company. Don't be buying all these worthless games that we can't even play! Thank you.

aniem
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by aniem on May 11, 11 10:10 AM
I don't know if anyone else is getting the access violation error message but I have been getting them lately.This one was the last straw!! I decided to take things in my own hands since nobody else has ever suggested a solution that works. Well I did a search in the Start Menu.. I right clicked on the game name, chose Open File Location . On the new page I right clicked on the Play(game name) icon and chose Open File Location . On the new page I double clicked on MYSTLauncher.The game opened , saved (auto saved since there is no 'save game' option) ran every time after each open and quit cycle. I still can't play through Game Manager or Shortcut but I can play it!!This has also worked for another Art of Murder game!It is not as hard to do as it might sound and is worth the work if you like the games
I run Vista Home Basics with SP1 on an Acer Aspire laptop.

Mzpj
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Mzpj on Oct 1, 13 11:51 AM
I purchased the game listed above on 9/18/2013. When the game opened I was offered three options on how to view and play the game. I have tried all three, yet when if reach the Deckard Street Crime scene, my pointer freezes and I am unable to do anything except hit escape and exit the game. I also noted that as I attempted to play the game in the three different formats the HOG's changed each time. How do I get past the Deckard Street Crime Scene to continue the game. In explaining, please indicate terms that I can understand. Thanks.

Mzpj
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Mzpj on Oct 2, 13 2:11 PM
Mzpj wrote:I purchased the game listed above on 9/18/2013. When the game opened I was offered three options on how to view and play the game. I have tried all three, yet when if reach the Deckard Street Crime scene, my pointer freezes and I am unable to do anything except hit escape and exit the game. I also noted that as I attempted to play the game in the three different formats the HOG's changed each time. How do I get past the Deckard Street Crime Scene to continue the game. In explaining, please indicate terms that I can understand. Thanks.

Go to: