bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 5, 11 12:16 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Apr 5, 11 12:29 AM
I've just spotted this soft release & have downloaded the demo. Had anyone seen/tried this yet?

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Apr 5, 11 12:30 AM
The game looked good as any Art of murder games.But there are no voice interactions.that's a no buy for me. Nicole always talks in her roll as F.B.I agent.There isno heart in this game, empty of feeling,it's like reading a comic book she stands still like a statue.This is a real disappointment.There is no comparison to the first three.Cheaply made.

good luck fishes.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 5, 11 12:42 AM
Hmmm...something about that bullet...wouldn't respond, I don't think so. Sorry, if I can't figure out what to do, it ain't a buy for me. And I couldn't...thought I was supposed to match the bullet to the photo...apparently not. I fiddled, and farted around and still couldn't figure out what to do. Not a buy for me. Stephen White's "The Siege' is calling me back to my bed. Been through umpteen thunder storms tonight..my favorite weather, but not when my roof is leaking ...doggies hate the storms and wouldn't let me sleep, even though I had been up earlier than usual due to family matters. Waiting for anoher good hog, BF. You know where my money goes, lol And it doesn't look like either one of your offerings today fit the bill.

Edited on 04/05/2011 at 12:43:42 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 5, 11 12:46 AM
I played the game for 20 minutes but I found it a little boring. No sound at all. It's a no buy for me.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Apr 5, 11 12:51 AM
It's a real shame after the first three.This game is a joke.I doubt many will buy this game.happy gaming fishes.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 5, 11 12:57 AM
Not to mention...NOT, that on my wide screen it shows up as three inches on the middle of my screen...never seen any game do that before...weird, and just another reason I won't even struggle with this one.

You know, I am beginning to think that the BF gang, really doiesn't respect us women much. Yes, we are the major buyers of the hogs, and if you don't appreciate our business, and we feel condescended to, and I can guarantee you we do, we will find an outlet that serves. I was really hopeful, with the games you have been putting out lately, but ones like this make me wonder. Let me tell you, sugar...we do talk with our pocket books, purses, wallets, bank accounts. So, think twice about who you are dissing here.

Edited on 04/05/2011 at 12:57:50 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 5, 11 12:58 AM
The screenshots look like it is a straight HOG. Is it an IHOG or what? I thought these Art of Murder games were usually LFAs. Hmm. Guess I was wrong about that. LOL

[Post New]by brettania on Apr 5, 11 1:03 AM
I'm disappointed. I have bought the previous Art of Murder games and really enjoyed them, but, this is not the same format. I quit after about 15 minutes or so. This is not a game I would buy. Sorry Big Fish.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 5, 11 1:06 AM
It's a no buy for me. I agree the game looked cheaply made and thrown together. The graphics were very grainy. I even had trouble seeing which items I had left to find. It's a shame because although I've only bought one of these games and never finished it cos I didn't like being so dependent on a walkthrough, the stories are interesting and the graphics beautiful. Maybe the sound comes when you buy the full game. That was true of the one I bought. I don't like spot the differences especially when it's timed. I didn't like the timed searches either. Seems sort of pointless to have to start again.

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Apr 5, 11 1:11 AM
The first mini-game was timed. I've never had a "Spot the Differences" timed. I thought the game manfacturers had started to lisen to us but it looks like they are sliding back to their old ways.

Besides the timed mini I am disappointed with this game as it is flat and there are no voice sounds. This game is not up to the standards of the first two "Art of Murder Games".

Send it back and rework the game. Maybe then I'll buy it.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 5, 11 1:15 AM
Dang, it just dawned on me...punch card credits just came out yesterday...guess that means we will not have a decent game until the CE on Thursday. Oh, honeys, these youngens that are running this company just don't have a clue who these elder women, who put the money in their bank accounts, are all about. Are you guys really that dense? I sure wish we could see a pie chart that reflects the hog games that we elder women have bought and paid for this past month.

[Post New]by Intrepid_51 on Apr 5, 11 1:26 AM
I really enjoyed the first 3 Art Of Murder games but this one is a huge disappointment. The gameplay is amaturish and that stupid timed 'spot the differances' . What a hair-brained idea! The HOGs are just too small for my old eyes to find them all in the time allowed.It's a No Buy for me!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 5, 11 1:54 AM
I didnt even finish the demo which is rare for me.

No voice in game turned me off of game. A timed find the diff mini game?? I couldnt see about half of the items, way to grainy for me.

I agree with the majority of the reviews this is a big no buy for me. Guess I will start reading for enjoyment for awhile like the old days lol.

Happy game day for all fishies that have a game to play

RivenWolfe
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RivenWolfe on Apr 5, 11 2:00 AM
Only just saw this as a new release, seeing as I loved the first three I've jumped on it even though it seems to be just a typical HOG. I learned my lesson with buying before trying so will give it a go, but judging by the comments so far, it is going to be nothing like the first three, which makes me wonder why in the world are the producers offering a cruddy attempt at a continuation of the series when the first three and the Chronicles of Mystery series are such great adventure type games.
Guess I shouldn't harp too much as I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking it's a very poor version of the originals.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 5, 11 2:05 AM
The first Art of Murder series games were Large File Adventure games, but this one is very different. It is a straight HOG, Spot the Difference, mini-puzzle game. No interaction in the demo (first chapter) that I played. This is only a demo which took me 40 min. It is not 60 min. of play.

Animation and Graphics in the Cut Scenes were very good, but graphics in the H0 scenes were rather grainy and somewhat difficult. I didn't think they were designed well. Some items were "in your face" while others had just a tiny corner peeking out. You could earn hints that were instantly available, but after they were gone it took 45sec - 1 min for a recharge. Some scenes were to find a number of the same items.

The Spot The Difference was timed and the H0 scenes after that may have been also. The timer was running, but I didn't go past it so don't know what it actually meant.

Options were Volume, Sound Effects Volume, Music Volume and tutorial. It did fill my whole screen - 24" WS, but I do have that option checked in my graphics setup.

All dialogue is read -- no voices. Music is appropriate, nothing special about it.

The storyline is typical with a murder occurring and trying to solve it. Nothing that really caught my interest to make me want to play the rest of the game especially given the type of gameplay.

This game is a disappointment after the first games in the series. It is sad to see some of my favorite adventure game makers changing to the production of HOG games instead of giving us the more challenging pure adventure games.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Apr 5, 11 2:13 AM
Thanks Mcurty (and the rest of you) for these reviews. I did download but if it's a straight HOG and TIMED I'm not bothering even to try it.

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Apr 5, 11 2:17 AM
I agree with most of the other fishes, Nothing like the other one's maybe......It was made first before the others!! Now released on the back of them

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 5, 11 2:30 AM
I have liked the previous Art of Murder games (nice large file games), but this one is a not a good hog and a "No buy" for me

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 5, 11 2:32 AM
The first Art of Murder in the Series was the very first Large File game I ever bought and it was okay I thought. I am surprised to see them do a switcheroo and do a HOG. I am a big fan of HOGs. I don't think that this is so much a case of a rush job of a game as much as a developer trying to do something that is not their forte; i.e. they're better at large file games than HOGs. As someone else mentioned they had never had a "Spot the difference timed"! Not only that, if you didn't get it done in the "Time allotted" they put all the difference BACK! To make matters WORSE in the HOG scenes if you didn't get all the items on the list in the time allotted (and there was not timer going to let you know it was timed so you didn't know) a whole new LIST of items would appear for you to find and all the items would be back in place in the HOG scene! Did they let you know this ahead of time? Nooooo! Very annoying and not enjoyable in the least. Too bad, because the storyline was very interesting. I did like the still graphics of the mansion of the antique dealer. It had potential

Another thing that was irritating was a scene where several "code pieces" had to be found and most of them were blaringly out in front of you then there were some that were covered by so many items you couldn't even see them. This is a case where perhaps they shouldn't quit doing Large File games to do HOGs. Maybe they wanted to get in on HOGs to get a money maker, but if so...they would do well to do away with the timer altogether and banish that annoying putting items BACK if it's not done in the time THEY think it should be done in. Most of us play HOGs for enjoyment...the challenge is in finding the items...not in beating a clock or having to find a list of things over again. I had to find them over again because I fell asleep during the demo, LOL! No joke, granted it's 3am while I did the demo, but I do these demos when I can't sleep and they usually don't put me to sleep. I was looking forward to playing the new "Art of Murder" game because I like the series, and was intrigued that it was a HOG but was disappointed.

Edited on 04/05/2011 at 2:35:13 AM PST

Go to: