bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Journey to the Center of the Earth forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Journey to the Center of the Earth forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Journey to the Center of the Earth players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Journey to the Center of the Earth forum

[Post New]by EmilyB1955 on Jun 27, 08 11:18 PM
How does one post a review of a game on Big Fish? JCE was such a horrible game I feel I should warn others before they buy it.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 28, 08 3:47 AM
EmilyB1955 wrote:How does one post a review of a game on Big Fish? JCE was such a horrible game I feel I should warn others before they buy it.

EmilyB..... I think you just did.

kwhel
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by kwhel on Jul 2, 08 6:40 PM
I used my free game credit on this game. To me it is very tedious. You think your past one place then your have to return to it again. I couldn't have played it without a walkthrough, it gives very little hints on what to do. I am stuck on the ball puzzle so it is probably the end of the game for me.

[Post New]by harrellvaughn on Jul 10, 08 3:03 PM
I got journey to the center as a feebee also. Is there a strategy guide for it?. I've only got as far as retrieving items from the helicoper. Now where can I use them? if anyone can help me please let me know. I wish I hadn't used my free credit on it.

[Post New]by less123 on Jul 10, 08 4:36 PM
prplebfy wrote:i got the game today, but i dont know how to play it. the five minute walk through does not open. it stinks it was a frrebee for me.i cant do anything with the helicopter.
i am stuck.

[Post New]by xblueeyeddivax on Jul 21, 08 3:23 AM
hi i just got even the game as a gift looked really gd but i cant get into the helicopter and cant get the strategy guide to work either i really would like to play it if any one did actually play and finish can u help me i dont wont my freind to have wasted there money thanks

[Post New]by Leprechuan on Jul 26, 08 9:38 PM
prplebfy wrote:i got the game today, but i dont know how to play it. the five minute walk through does not open. it stinks it was a frrebee for me.i cant do anything with the helicopter.
i am stuck.

Pick up the coppter blade and use it to open the Door. Make sure you get the Wires on the wall!

Edited on 07/26/2008 at 9:53:56 PM PST

me2you
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by me2you on Jul 28, 08 1:49 PM
thank you lep.i will try that.not yet got anything to save.thanxs again

Miz__Kaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

For kwhel (SPOILER ALERT)

[Post New]by Miz__Kaz on Aug 10, 08 7:42 AM
SPOILER ALERT

Hi, I loved this game. I admit to having used a walkthrough I found on another site after using a search engine to help. I used it mainly to get through things I wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

This is one solution

Keep the 6 in the heavy pan.
Divide those six in the heavy pan into 3 & 3 for the second weigh. 3 on the left & 3 on the right.
Keep the 3 in the heavy pan.
Now it doesn't matter which two balls you pick out of the 3 heavy ones left. Just pick two & weigh them in opposite pans.

If one is heavier than the other, then that's the one. If they are equal, then the ball you did not weigh is the one you want.

Edited on 08/13/2008 at 12:58:17 AM PST

[Post New]by leleiole on Sep 4, 08 8:41 PM
How do I print The Journey to the Center of the Earth Guide. I purchased it thinking that maybe I would be able to play the game after all, but no such luck. One cannot open both Guide and Game at the same time. I am able to print other guides, but not this one. Help please. Oh, I run Vista.

[Post New]by brinzer4 on Sep 8, 08 5:47 PM
I can't even get into the cave. She keeps saying that it is dark, so I lit the lighter and she still won't go in. I'm about ready to get into the computer and go in the darn cave with the lighter myself!!!

[Post New]by WitchyTata on Sep 14, 08 5:36 AM
brinzer4 wrote:I can't even get into the cave. She keeps saying that it is dark, so I lit the lighter and she still won't go in. I'm about ready to get into the computer and go in the darn cave with the lighter myself!!!
Before you pick up the lighter, click on "use" and the lighter will light, then click the lit lighter on the cave opening. Hey, I'm stuck at the Pharmacy. I put the punched card in the slot, but Ariane won't push the lever so I can take Adam's potion. Any ideas? I've restarted the game 5 times now and STILL nothing.

Edited on 09/14/2008 at 5:39:24 AM PST

gorman54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gorman54 on Sep 30, 08 3:44 PM
hi can someone please help me I have got as far as the Giants level and am trying to put down the machete and the knife but am finding it impossible. I did it once but forgot to get the shell and now I cant do it. It says go to the right of the grass but I can get no further. Please help.

[Post New]by sarnia_babe on Oct 3, 08 6:25 AM
I am so pleased some people have managed to get so far. Dad and i ( dad 70 yrs old) is loving the game but we seem to have gone wrong somewhere. can someone advise me how to get the horn repaired? Dad and i are stumped, lol

hansgirl1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by hansgirl1 on Oct 5, 08 3:25 PM
Spoilers!!

Sarina, I had to use a walkthrough to get anywhere in the game. This is a link to the one I have used: http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcJj/Journey.htm

More specifically here is the help for fixing the horn...

Fix the horn - After the other soldier is healed, learn that the conch is broken.

The conch used to call the pterodactyl is broken. We better make a new horn. Use lighter to get a light. Use lighter on tip of bone to make hard cranium. Use hard cranium on giant shell to make prepared shell.

Go back to the crystal cave to take the bellows (can't be taken until the lieutenant asks you to repair the horn or if the crystal is not on the holder and is already polished - Thanks, Jinnie).

Go back to the giant conch at lookout station. Look closer on the giant conch and place the prepared shell at the tip of the giant conch. Place the bellows at the tip of the prepared shell. Talk to the lieutenant.

Hope that helps!

[Post New]by padmeamidala on Oct 6, 08 4:49 PM
[spoiler
I am using this walkthrough as well, but after developing the photo and going in the gate and talking to Wallace getting the tickets and pass.....................and did poster part .........I can't get to enter the city proper..........ANY HELP on this

OMA 56

[Post New]by LadyScorpioMelb on Oct 16, 08 6:35 PM
I love this game, although it can get a bit tedious at times having to go back and forward to solve things, it is interesting. I am a huge fan of this type of game as it keeps the old brain from gathering cobwebs..lol..

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 17, 08 5:20 AM
padmeamidala wrote:[spoiler
I am using this walkthrough as well, but after developing the photo and going in the gate and talking to Wallace getting the tickets and pass.....................and did poster part .........I can't get to enter the city proper..........ANY HELP on this

OMA 56
Hi Padmeaamidale! Welcome to the forums!

Check out justadventure. They have a different walkthrough than gameboomers

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 18, 08 5:57 AM
padmeamidala wrote:thank-you for your note, prpldva

your the only one who answered me, It might be the Oma 56 put everyone off
but I really enjoy this game....it is a challenge

this is the second problem I' ve had.....I'm at the 2 shells in the water and it won't except the mastodon hairs..........been over to the floating island did that....but absolutely need the vegetable lens.........went back many times and can't get it........
is it game over for me......and I have to start a new game
I'll take your advise and try the just adventure
thanks again.......ttus

Hi Oma! You are very welcome! Unfortunately, it's been quite a while since I've played this game. Your best bet would be one of the walkthroughs, unless someone else answers here in the forum.
Sorry I was not more help.

Go to: