Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

This AoM versus the others

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 5, 11 5:33 AM
I won't even bother trying the demo for this game since it's been turned into a HOG- very disappointing for a game whose previous releases were all large file with voice- acting. I'm sorry the developers gave in to the HOG craze, they had a good thing going until now

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Apr 5, 11 8:31 AM
Misty40 wrote:I won't even bother trying the demo for this game since it's been turned into a HOG- very disappointing for a game whose previous releases were all large file with voice- acting. I'm sorry the developers gave in to the HOG craze, they had a good thing going until now

I hate when I think I have an adventure game from a previous series and then it's not. The Nancy Drew Dossier games were pretty good, but it gets confusing when they put out both.

Edith9
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by Edith9 on Apr 5, 11 9:21 AM
Misty40 wrote:I won't even bother trying the demo for this game since it's been turned into a HOG- very disappointing for a game whose previous releases were all large file with voice- acting. I'm sorry the developers gave in to the HOG craze, they had a good thing going until now

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:This AoM versus the others

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 5, 11 7:55 PM
Ah, me, too. I thought, Oh, BOY!!! Another AoM!!! Then I looked at the screenshots... LFAs are few and far between, and HOGs are not. I am okay with IHOGs and adventure lite, but I hate it when a series I liked as LFAs turns into them.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 5, 11 9:17 PM
R.I.P Art of Murder. You were a good friend.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Apr 6, 11 2:46 PM
I, too, was disappointed when I realized it had H0 scenes. And on top of that, the H0 scenes were timed! I don't like timed games or even timed scenes in games. I play games to relax and knowing I'm on the clock just shoots my stress level through the roof.

Dang it!! I was excited about a new Art of Murder game. I might even have bought it with the H0 scenes in it if it weren't timed or if the timed part had been an option that I'd been able to turn off. Devs, listen up!! When you have a good thing, don't mess with it!!

It will be interesting to see how this goes over. I suspect a lot of adventure/LFG fans will avoid it due to the H0s and STDs, and it probably doesn't have enough H0 scenes for the HOG fans nor will they be interested in all of the dialog. If I'm correct, it'll be a shame because it's obvious that the devs put in a lot of work on this game. I really liked the graphics and was enjoying the story line.

Go to: