crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

FULL HOUR OR DEMO

[Post New]by crazy8club on Apr 5, 11 10:31 AM
[b]I see Red when games that are offered in full 1 hour trial and then when you play trial your lucky if you get 30 min. I had only 10 - 15 min. of playing time. makes me mad. That is why I have decided not to purchase any more games. Most have to be started all over again and not where you left off. What is your opinion on this? Should we get the full 1 hour trial or what ever short time for demo.

Edited on 04/05/2011 at 10:32:08 AM PST

ojrufee
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:FULL HOUR OR DEMO

[Post New]by ojrufee on Apr 5, 11 1:59 PM
I haven't played this demo yet but if you get only 10 or 15 min. of free play that is ridiculous.

On a CE where you can only play to a certain point in the game, I'm okay with that. It usually gives me enough time to decide if I will want to get the regular game in a few weeks. I never buy CE's. Too much $ and not much replay value.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 5, 11 3:25 PM
Mine was just a demo and included what I thought was the first chapter only -- the first case. I played for 45 minutes to reach that point.

I think a demo is OK if it actually gives you a feel for the game which this one did very well. I'm surprised that you could finish it in 10-15 min.

This game does indicate that it is a sample version -- NOT an hour trial.
Play the FREE sample version
(96.67 MB )

Edited on 04/05/2011 at 7:39:58 PM PST

gbanjs
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by gbanjs on Apr 5, 11 6:04 PM
I have never finished a demo in 15 minutes...that doesn't even sound possible. Anyway, you always get a 1 hour free trial, but obviously some game manufacturers only want you to get so far into the game. So while it might take me 30 minutes to get through a particular demo, the next person might need the full hour and vice versa. I can decide pretty quickly whether or not I wany to pay for a game. I have been playing these types of games for a long while and it wasn't too long ago when you had to buy the game at an actual store and hope that you liked it. My experience as far as starting from the beginning when I have bought games after using up my trial have been the opposite. I have rarely had to start over and I buy CEs religiously.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 6, 11 8:20 AM
Anyway, you always get a 1 hour free trial
No you don't. You only get an hour if the trial says so. Sample Versions stop at a fixed point, however long it takes.

gbanjs
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by gbanjs on Apr 6, 11 5:15 PM
Hmmm, point taken. I've always finished in less than an hour on sample versions so I just assumed it would cut off after an hour. My mistake.

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Apr 18, 11 4:07 PM
This was not the first game I've tried where the "hour" free trial was only about 30 minutes - Chronicles of Mystery-The Legend of the Sacred Treasure is another one. I won't be buying either. I was on the verge of deciding if I really wanted to buy them when they stopped. I understand if that is the setup with the designer but if so it should be stated when you download the trial. Guess I'll go looking for more games!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Apr 18, 11 4:42 PM
griffgirl wrote:This was not the first game I've tried where the "hour" free trial was only about 30 minutes - Chronicles of Mystery-The Legend of the Sacred Treasure is another one. I won't be buying either. I was on the verge of deciding if I really wanted to buy them when they stopped. I understand if that is the setup with the designer but if so it should be stated when you download the trial. Guess I'll go looking for more games!

You can tell this by looking under the Try it button. If it says "play a free SAMPLE version", it doesn't say you get an entire free hour.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Apr 18, 11 4:45 PM
Some games offer a free HOUR of play, some offer a free SAMPLE which is to a certain point in the game and they ALWAYS DO state that fact clearly on the "try it" click button. Go back and look at the page for this game.

I missed that at first when I started buying here too. Its easy to miss.

Go to: