gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Once Upon a Time in Chicago - DD for 6Apr2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 6, 11 1:54 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em... I think I played the demo once quite a while back on another site - it's like Lottso, if I recall...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Once Upon a Time in Chicago - DD for 6Apr2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 6, 11 4:08 AM
Yup - it's a Lottso clone. I'm all set as to Lottso, so I'll be passing on this one.

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Apr 6, 11 6:51 AM
Played for 1 hour and still don't know what I was doing. Never got the strategy. It may be me but I just didn't get it. All the technical stuff looks good.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 6, 11 7:29 AM
I think the Help button in the main menu might help understand stuff, but I'm not sure - I just looked there briefly.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Apr 6, 11 1:48 PM
It takes a bit to get the strategy but after 2 demo periods i think i've got it. For 2.99 it's a buy for me. (never heard of lottso)

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 6, 11 6:44 PM
Lottso is a Pogo online game - played with other real people instead of created computer opponents. Pogo made a download game from it called Lottso! Deluxe. If Lottso! Deluxe is bought thru the Pogo download game site and you're a Pogo member, that one can be played with other real people too - or it can be played with fake ones like this game is - either way. But Pogo games bought thru other sites can't be played with other players online (unless something's been changed since the last time I goofed and did that).

As far as I know, today's DD game came out after Lottso!Deluxe, and really does seem to be a clone of it. I don't hate it - it does have a different theme to it that has some charm.

Edited on 04/06/2011 at 6:46:30 PM PST

Go to: