bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 7, 11 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

Re:Post any Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gmmace on Apr 7, 11 3:08 AM
I'm not having any issues with the game itself, but it seems that once I open the game, Game Manager automatically closes.

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

Re:Post any Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Apr 7, 11 5:04 AM
Cursor seems to get stuck, and hesitates. Won't let me move.

[Post New]by Prairie_Belle on Apr 7, 11 5:20 AM
I'm having trouble with screen resolution. The message I get is "Custom text size (DPI) must be lower or equal 125%."
I set to 1680x1050 and every resolution between that and 640x432 - still didn't open.
HELP!!!

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Apr 7, 11 5:26 AM
Prairie_Belle wrote:I'm having trouble with screen resolution. The message I get is "Custom text size (DPI) must be lower or equal 125%."
I set to 1680x1050 and every resolution between that and 640x432 - still didn't open.
HELP!!!

I'm posting my reply both places you posted:

The same thing happened to me.

What this means is the size of the writing needs to be changed, not the screen resolution. If you go into display settings look for some link or tab saying something about changing text size or setting custom text size and adjust it there.

You will probably need to log out and back in again before it changes the size of the writing. Then you can open the game.

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Apr 7, 11 6:06 AM
dl okay but when I hit play now all I get is music and a white screen. Any ideas???

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 7, 11 8:44 AM
Hi everyone,

If you are having troubles with the cursor or are experiencing a white screen, please check to see if an update is available for your computer as this may help. Here is a help article with those steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

gmmace, it's definitely strange that the Game Manager automatically closes, but it shouldn't affect game play when that happens. If you're curious to look into it, you're welcome to contact our Support team.

If you need any further assistance with any issues you may be having, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Apr 7, 11 1:44 PM
I downloaded the trial, and it immediately informed me my trial period had expired. I didn't even get a chance to open up the game.

I don't buy collectors editions unless I get a chance to try them - I won't waste the money on a game I don't know will work on my system.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Apr 7, 11 5:09 PM
Another CE that is not in wide screen? What resololution should I go to? Not buying if it won't go wide screen on my 17 inch Dell laptop. Thanks!

[Post New]by snaggletooth_ on Apr 7, 11 6:15 PM
The game itself ran fine for me. But, a huge issue when I decided to close it. I do a lot of work from home and take breaks with games when my brain starts getting work overloaded. I had 4 Excel files open, AIM with multiple Tab, Outlook, a few misc work windows and programs open all at once. I do this every night over the past 4 years and have never had an issue with a game. If I am going to walk away during a demo I close it to not waste my minutes. I did this tonight and much to my shock, closing this game (with the correct main menu, exit buttons)...
It closed every single progeam I had open. It appeared to close perfectly, no red flags except my desktop and taskbar were much much too clean!
The Game manager remained and that was all. Outlook, Excel, everything, gone. As I have opened each to try auto recvoery, they all tell me they were closed incorrectly. I was highly considering buying the game but if it continues to auto close everything else... well... that's just not going to work for me.
I saw an update suggestion for another fishie issue but have not seen this one reported. Has anyone else tried multi tasking this game with this issue?
Windows XP Home SP 3, 4GB RAM, if it matters.. any other info would be gladly given if requested. Again, never in 4 years of BF Gaming have I had this trouble with the probably thousands of demos and pages of purchases in my account eeks!

grobbie8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by grobbie8 on Apr 7, 11 6:16 PM
On opening game, game manager automatically closes. Screen goes back to windows and game icon does not appear at bottom of screen. When clicking on game manager again it ssays only 50 minutes game play remains even though I did not play at all. Tried to open game under start, computer, program files(x86) etc.etc which have previously been succesful but get the same DPI message as the other fishies. What a shame, sounds like a great game

johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Apr 7, 11 11:02 PM
I got on to the third chapter of the game....it had some "stuttering" if you know what I mean....kept stopping then catching up but I continued to play. I got to the scene where I oiled the rusty grate and went to click on it to play the HOG and the game froze. I couldn't get out of the game using the usual means and I had to just turn my computer off. Needless to say when I managed to get the game running it said I had corrupted my saved game and that I had to start from the beginning again. How do I know this isn't going to crash again at the same point.

I had no other programs running.

Loved the game but this is very frustrating.

[Post New]by Prairie_Belle on Apr 8, 11 7:39 AM
AvgSpock wrote:
Prairie_Belle wrote:I'm having trouble with screen resolution. The message I get is "Custom text size (DPI) must be lower or equal 125%."
HELP!!!

Thank you SSSOOO much. Worked perfectly

The same thing happened to me.

I'm posting my reply both places you posted:

What this means is the size of the writing needs to be changed, not the screen resolution. If you go into display settings look for some link or tab saying something about changing text size or setting custom text size and adjust it there.

You will probably need to log out and back in again before it changes the size of the writing. Then you can open the game.

[Post New]by mrsdunk on Apr 8, 11 11:31 AM
I like the game but every time I have to exit when I go back to game I have to start at the first of the game! I don't want to keep going through the first five or six chapters over and over, anybody else having this problem? How do I fix it?

[Post New]by mrsdunk on Apr 8, 11 11:43 AM
Every time I exit this game when I go back to play some more I have to start at the beginning again and again! I don't want to keep doing the first five or six chapters over and over! Any one got any suggestions on how to fix this, never had a game do this before?

[Post New]by chel415 on Apr 8, 11 3:29 PM
Is anyone having problems in Chapter five with the blue mushrooms?? I need to make the potion with the bluberries, carbide, etc. and the mushrooms. When I went to complete the potion, the mushrooms were not in my inventory, although I did the puzzle to find the 10 blue mushrooms. I can't complete the game and don't know where to go from here...I don't see any other posts on this....any help appreciated

[Post New]by sallyjo8615 on Apr 8, 11 3:45 PM
UGH The game is ok a bit sluggish I am running windows7 64 bit 22 in' ACER monitor I don't get any messages telling me to change resolution so I feel the sluggishness is the game itself....

[Post New]by patchf on Apr 8, 11 4:50 PM
I can't download trial. It gets to 5,000kb and starts download over. I have windows vista 64 bit

[Post New]by ruth53 on Apr 8, 11 5:07 PM
Patchf I'm having the same thing happening, but I made the mistake of buying it. If I not see fix to this problem I'm asking for my money back.

[Post New]by beansherid on Apr 8, 11 5:10 PM
I have the exact same problem and I already bought it too! It gets to about 5,000 KB while it is downloading then starts again. Quickly "validating" flashes before it starts over. Sooooo frustrated.

Go to: