bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 7, 11 12:13 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 7, 11 12:30 AM
It's Vogat! Enough said. All ready bought.

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shanyem on Apr 7, 11 12:37 AM
Just played 15 minutes of the game and I'm pretty sure it's a buy for me. Pretty straight forward story line - unfortunately VERY similar to many other games but still rather interesting. With only 15 min of gameplay I had several hidden object scenes and just two mini games. The **** areas were about average in difficulty - at least for me! The mini games were WAY too easy! SMALL SPOILER: One **** area had a really large - and several small, really ugly spiders! As one who hates spiders it's really creepy BUT it was the BEST depiction of a spider with subtle moving limbs, etc and was much better than other games with spiders in them. So yes, the game is creepy...spiders and all! I'll play the remaining 45 minutes tomorrow and make a final decision but so far...looks good.

Sotlat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Sotlat on Apr 7, 11 12:49 AM
A quick review after 20+ minutes or so (bear with me I haven't done this before):
The game is a gothic mystery type where you need to go investigate your sister's death. It is a HOG (with items you collect in HOG scenes and by exploring to use elsewhere). The items are definitely on the small side and some are very hard to see.

Hint system is very good and seems to refresh decently fast. You can use it in the HOG scenes and outside of them (it will tell you if there's nothing to do & highlight an area if there is). Mini games so far have been relatively easy (I quite liked the one in the ground keeper's house). I've only returned to one HOG scene so far & that was after a change in the surrounding area, so it doesn't look like a game where you need to continuously return to previous places to find more HOGs. The over-click penalty is a bit annoying (roots grow across the screen), but they disappear quickly. Sparkles hint at where you can do things & your cursor changes when there are things to do or areas to move. There are six chapters plus a bonus level.

If you have a problem with creepy crawlies, avoid this game. So far there have been worms, at least one snake & lots of spiders (five in just one scene, including one that would make Aragog proud, and they seem to be a recurring theme).

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 1:11:20 AM PST

27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Apr 7, 11 12:54 AM
It's a buy for me after 16 minutes of play. Good news - the Strategy Guide is available in the trial game!!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 7, 11 12:56 AM

Another big winner from the developer Vogat Interactive!!

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Apr 7, 11 12:57 AM
This is a good one! Played about ½ hour, then bought. I like spooky games, which this one is (I can live with the spiders, as long as they are not in my house!! (which they are...)).
Seems there is no clicking penalty, and the hint system can be used to navigate the game too.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 7, 11 1:06 AM
Great review, Sotlat! I'm downloading now. It looks like a great game.

ETA: Played for a half hour, came up for air and to purchase! Strategy Guide is completely accessible during the demo - 6 chapters plus bonus game. And it keeps your place - when you close then reopen the SG it takes you back to the same page you were reading!!

THere is a click penalty, but you have to click quite a bit to trigger it. I do it just for fun

You'd better like spiders!! And that cat at the gate had to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen!

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 1:51:26 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 7, 11 1:08 AM
Another Vogat, great ! Played 20 minutes and, as I said in my first post, it's a buy.
6 chapters, plus a bonus one. SG is included in the demo. H0 not too easy to find, sometimes tiny. Before you can play, or rather find, a H0 scene, you've got to play a little trick which is rather nice. Up to now mini games rather easy (good thing for my ageing brain). Hate spiders, I run for my life when I see one, but I don't mind them as long as there's my screen between them and me. If you like little pests of this kind you will be rewarded by worms. Didn't notice the music too much, was fit for this kind of game but must have been not too intrusive. Hint refills quickly (played easy mode) and in H0 you have to mix objects together to find one, quite a nice +. Graphics are beautiful. A definite buy for me. (and I said after playing The Fool that I was through with creepy games..........).

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Apr 7, 11 1:14 AM
Good morning fishes Happy Thursday !!!!

Well I thought I'd try the demo, as it is CE day. I didn't think I'd like it from the description & was even less sure after the intro.

However, having played 40 mins worth, this game is amazing. The graphics are good, not the best I have seen but good none the less.

The hidden objects are also good. Some on the small side & some not quite looking like what you expected but quite right all the same.

As said the hints are clear & fill up quickly, the only criticism there is you can not choose what object to hint at, a personal favorite addition of mine.

I am playing on easy mode and have got through around 2/3 of 1 chapter of 6 and the bonus round so that is about 7 hours play for me/.#

So far there has not been end;less walking but lots of areas to explore. What I also love is there are loads of things to find just around the game. These can be found when your curser changes to a pointing finger, but you may have to work for the prize.

The mini games so far have been logic games, not too difficult, in fact rather easy but you still have to think a little.

I haven't needed it yet but there is a Tasks button to help you find direction I suppose & the strategy guide appears basic & precise, so not a complete tome if you just want a nudge. It also contains small but enlargeable thumbnails of the H.O scenes etc.

Norty Norty Jojo, I think this is a buy !!!

So far 8/10

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 7, 11 1:20 AM
I like it and I am going to buy it. But there is a problem with the gamemanager.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 7, 11 1:56 AM
Nice review CasualGran. Glad to have you back
I am off to try this game now. Happy gaming all!

april445
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by april445 on Apr 7, 11 2:18 AM
PowderMonkey wrote:This is a good one! Played about ½ hour, then bought. I like spooky games, which this one is (I can live with the spiders, as long as they are not in my house!! (which they are...)).
Seems there is no clicking penalty, and the hint system can be used to navigate the game too.

Click quickly in one place and you do get a click penalty which is rather cool.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 7, 11 2:23 AM
Thanks Casualgran, always wait for your reviews.

Love Vogat games and as all reviews thus far are possitive, it sounds like this will be a buy for me also.

I know I’m probably preaching to the converted but just a word for the Aussies on purchasing C/E games. Always buy using US Dollars not AUSD, and you will save yourself about $1.00 on C/E games. AUSD is about $1.03 US today, so if you use USD it will cost you about $13.46AUSD, instead if $14.55AUSD.

Jojo

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 7, 11 2:23 AM
Thanks Casualgran, always wait for your reviews.

Love Vogat games and as all reviews thus far are possitive, it sounds like this will be a buy for me also.

I know I’m probably preaching to the converted but just a word for the Aussies on purchasing C/E games. Always buy using US Dollars not AUSD, and you will save yourself about $1.00 on C/E games. AUSD is about $1.03 US today, so if you use USD it will cost you about $13.46AUSD, instead if $14.55AUSD.

Jojo

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 7, 11 2:34 AM
Didn't miss even one Vogat game, if it worked fine in my comp.

Ditto to all excellent reviews!

Thanks Vogat, thanks BF!

Surly1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Surly1 on Apr 7, 11 3:20 AM
I think it is a definite buy for me, even though I loathe spiders - and this one appears to be well stocked with them , along with bats, rats and snakes. So the "creepy quota" seem to be met for those who crave it.

I am playing on Challenge mode and got about 45 min. in on demo.
Appears there are no voiceovers with this one. Not a problem, but I tend to like a voice to the characters.
Hidden objects are fairly well hidden (although I can't tell if it is the drawings that make it more difficult, or the size of items - my eyes are really gettin' poor ) Hints recharge fairly quickly. Puzzle locks and such have so far been doable without any help. The inventory items picked up along the way seemed useable pretty quickly, so far anyway. I find that when I acquire a bunch of items that are in my inventory for a long time, I get a tad annoyed wondering what they are for (but that's just me ). I found that the down arrow to move out of scene was a bit wonky in some scenes, but not really bothersome. Other than that, I did not encounter any glitches.

Music is unobtrusive and suitable to the scenario. Graphics are good, not great - but have seen much worse The storyline is a familiar one, but really - after all the games they have already created, how many new and different scary plots are left?..LOL
Game looks to be fairly long. I had not completed Chapter 1 (and not sure how much more I needed to do as I did not access the SG, but another poster said 6 chapters I think) so it appears worth the CE price to me.

All in all, a decent game!!

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Apr 7, 11 3:28 AM
Played 35 mins of the demo and knew it was a must have didnt want to rush thru on the demo. Like many Im not crazy about arachnids but love these darker "gothic" story lines .

[Post New]by Watermelony on Apr 7, 11 4:12 AM
I love this game

As for the length - the strategy guide is available, so you can estimate the length! As for me it's long enough J

happy gaming

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Apr 7, 11 4:16 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:Someone mentioned that it had 6 chapters and therefore thought it would take them 6 hours to finish it.
[u]
I would like to mention that the last Vogat game here, only had 3 chapters. I too believed that the first chapter, which had a ton of things to do and was long showed me how the game was to play. I was WRONG. The 2nd chapter was long but each scene now had only 1 or 2 things to do, a lot less than the first chapter had, and chapter 3 was miniscule. I was very disappointed, and now will not believe the length of a Vogat game by the 1st hour or 1st chapter. Fooled once, not again.

Off to try the demo.

That would be me Spiritdog

Thanks for the ups on that.

I have just checked the SG but not read it.

Ch 1 = 17 pages
Ch 2 = 10 pages
Ch 3 = 20 pages
Ch 4 = 11 pages
Ch 5 = 31 pages
Ch 6 = 20 pages

Bonus chapter is a secret

So hopefully the length really is quite good.

I hope you enjoy the demo Spirit dog

Go to: