Can't even download it!

[Post New]by rubadubdub on Apr 7, 11 6:32 AM
Anyone else having trouble downloading this game?

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Can't even download it!

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 7, 11 6:50 AM
Hi rubadubdub,

Welcome to the pond!

Could you tell the fishies what the issue is with your download so we could try to assist you ?

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by Aliceoddcabinet on Apr 7, 11 6:50 AM
I am. I click the "try now" button and it says that it can't connect to the download site. Or something

[Post New]by Aliceoddcabinet on Apr 7, 11 6:54 AM
When I click the 'Try This' Button it gives me this

Unable to download from downloads.bigfishgames.com. Unable to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Apr 7, 11 6:59 AM
I had same thing first time i tried but just did it again and second time it downloaded

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Apr 7, 11 8:05 AM
It sounds like a server thingy.

Although I downloaded it fine, a few times I have posted on the forum today, when I pressed send I get the message "This forum is unavailable", a few seconds later it is fine.

I think these interruptions happen when the servers are updating. Annoying but necessary & usually short lived.

lavrovanna
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by lavrovanna on Apr 8, 11 12:03 AM
a friend of mine has told me that he also had had a kind of trouble with the download - but then he restarted the pc and the internet connection and it went ok

[Post New]by Ilikepi1337 on Apr 8, 11 5:07 PM
I got "Installation Error. The downloaded installation file is not valid and could not be run. 771." >.>

[Post New]by tresbaldwin on Apr 8, 11 5:08 PM
I can download to about 5300 kb, then it tries to validate, and then starts the download all over again--constant recycle of the same. Have done everthing suggested in "help" and rebooted my computer--still the same.

simhaup1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by simhaup1 on Apr 8, 11 5:14 PM
Mine stops at a certain spot and says validate as well and then starts all over again. It eventually gives me an error. I shut down firewall and restarted and it still does the same. Please help!

[Post New]by misdoone on Apr 8, 11 5:15 PM
i get an error message saying, the downloaded installation file is not valid and could not be run . error 771

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Apr 8, 11 5:16 PM
I am having the same problem as tresbaldwin - game installs to about 5k, does the "validating" song and dance, then I get the following:

"Installation error. The downloaded installation file is not valid and could not be run. (771)"

OK, somebody wanna send me a *valid* installation file, please? This is very annoying.

I have tried all the stuff on the not-so-helpful help page, to no avail - which is no big surprise, since I haven't had any problems downloading any other games.

I have trashed the game, rebooted my computer and tried again to install, with the same results.

Please fix this, BigFish!

[Post New]by misdoone on Apr 8, 11 6:02 PM
ok this is what i just did!! trashed the game restarted computer went to new releases selected another game to install, also reselected gravely silent, when the other game finished, gravely silent started downloading, and it completed this time with no error messages.. dont understand it!!

[Post New]by tresbaldwin on Apr 8, 11 6:08 PM
Its a mystery--i turned off my computer, rebooted modem and router, restarted the computer. Then went back to the game download to try again. This time it started the download at around 5300kb (where it would validate and restart), and finally the game is installed--yay! It would validate about every 10-15%, but picked up where it left off and didn't start over this time. Now--getting ready to play and keeping my fingers crossed that it really is there intact.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Apr 9, 11 7:18 PM
Finally worked for me, too - and I didn't have to trash the original file or restart my machine. Strange.

Go to: