bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Samhain

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 9, 11 1:01 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Hallowed Legends: Samhain? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Samhain

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 9, 11 1:56 AM
This is an incredible game. Absolutely everything one could be looking for in a game. Amazing graphics,great story,difficult but interesting puzzles. This is a must have game. I've waited for the SE version and now I get to enjoy all the great things everyone has been saying in the CE fourms. I'm so happy it's my turn to enjoy such a great game.

I'd rate this: FINE SWINE

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

PORK BELLY:
Likable game for some, but not for everyone.

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it. lol

PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.

‘ ‘
(o)

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 9, 11 2:16 AM
Well well, two such mixed reviews. Can't wait to try it for myself. Am downloading now. A Fine Swine and a No buy. Hum. Sometimes bizarre is good, we'll see.

I downloaded this and then realized that I had bought the CE. And I have to agree with Miss Lisa. It is Fine Swine.

Edited on 04/10/2011 at 1:29:44 AM PST

[Post New]by EcclesCakes on Apr 9, 11 2:28 AM
Based on the demo, this gets a solid "A" from me, and goes on my Buy List. The only knock I have on it is that it doesn't fill my wide screen monitor. But, the graphics are clear and lovely, with the sound effects terrific - understated, yet eerie, really moving one into the atmosphere of mystery and dread. Gameplay has variety, from hidden object scenes to some need for use of inventory and interaction. It seems a bit more difficult than the average, but that's okay. From reviews of the CE, it appears to be a longer game - 4+ hours - which is also a good thing for me. Very nice work.

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Apr 9, 11 2:56 AM
Wow! Long d/l!
Still waiting after hanging out the washing & collecting chook eggs! On BB too!
I can see it's over 600mb so not too worried

I remember playing the demo on the CE and enjoying the game so dived right in and used a credit - soooo reckless

My kind of game - like the graphics and the dark storyline so that's my Saturday sorted!

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Apr 9, 11 5:37 AM
What a great way to use one of my credits, I played the demo for the CE and knew this is going to be one I had to have. The graphics are spectacular, I liked the creepy theme in this one. Objects you can actually see, what a deal!! Good job, BF!!

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Apr 9, 11 7:21 AM
Sorry--didn't care for this game when I demoed the Collector's Edition. Still biding my time ...

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on Apr 9, 11 7:49 AM
Yeah!!!! I've been waiting for the SE to come out!!! This will be a buy for me!!!

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Apr 9, 11 8:20 AM
Will be a buy for me too!! I have 5 or 6 credits to use so this will definitely be one of them. Not sure yet if I'll use one for the Margrave game - is that game worth using a credit for?
Have a great day!

[Post New]by carolisgwtw on Apr 9, 11 8:42 AM
I used a credit for this game and the Margrave game I like this one a little better but the Margrave is a good game also. neigher game can be considered boring to me.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Apr 9, 11 9:13 AM
kalalika wrote:Will be a buy for me too!! I have 5 or 6 credits to use so this will definitely be one of them. Not sure yet if I'll use one for the Margrave game - is that game worth using a credit for?
Have a great day!

Well, I'm in the middle of Margrave and absolutely love it so far. I used a "freebie" on it, so I'm happy and would recommend it to those who like creepy!

allielubaka
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by allielubaka on Apr 9, 11 9:17 AM
Is this SE version the 'exact' same as the CE - I bought the CE in March! Should I have waited. My very positive input for this game in any version!! Though, I'm still curious if the SE is as long as the CE? Please someone answer. Just thinking I should wait around for a SE for up and coming CE games.????

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Apr 9, 11 9:18 AM
Kalalika, I bought the Margrave one and I really enjoyed the game, especially the graphics. I have been waiting for the SE of this one to come out because I have several credits to use. I didn't demo the CE (no willpower not to buy it LOL) so I'm very happy to see this one. But first I have to finish Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock. Busy, busy... so many good games this week

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Apr 9, 11 12:01 PM
This SE is a buy today . I demo'd the CE and loved it but decided to save my pennies. Good thing too, because such great games the past 8 days!
I also got the Margrave SE and the Treasures of Mystery Island: Ghost Ship . And because they are all SE, I could use credits and a punch freebie.
What a grand start to April!

Edited on 04/09/2011 at 12:02:27 PM PST

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Apr 9, 11 2:48 PM
I've been waiting for this one. I read somewhere that the bonus material on the CE isn't worth it so I'm happy to see the SE out today!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Apr 9, 11 5:38 PM
If I had paid 13.99 for this game as a CE.... I'd have been very disappointed.

It's an "ok" game but definitely not worth the CE price. I may not even buy it for 6.99... may wait for DD. It's just "ok". Par for the course.

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Apr 9, 11 6:08 PM
I liked the game and the presentation. It is a bit easy but I like to relax and play an easy game now and then so I do not have to strain my brain . I did buy this game and hopefully it will be fun all the way through.

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Apr 9, 11 8:54 PM
I guess i found this game a little easy... I played the demo through with 21 minutes left over of my hour.. i tried starting over as a new profile but the clues were exactly the same!!! does this happen in the full version too/ I didn't have to use the strategy guide or the hint button at all and only skipped one puzzle. I guess my big question is.. is it worth it? If i can open the realm to the sidhe in just over half an hour how much is left over??/

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Apr 9, 11 9:14 PM
So where's cherb & casualg & sin & goofyduck & peggle (not to mention poodlebear sob sob)????? I always so look forward to their reviews! I have tried for a few minutes but was easily distracted so not sure on this one. Will wait til tomorrow (with no TV on LOL!) and give it another shot but so far **** hum....
Again, just my opinion, Try it before you buy it! :-)

Lean

edited for spelling LOL!

OK I saved about 40 minutes and was totally engrossed today! Will be buying even though it is a HOG at least there are alot of puzzles and things to do that will make you use your noodle. Glad I gave it a second chance 4 out of 5 's for me! JMO

Lean

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 3:18:32 PM PST

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Apr 9, 11 10:22 PM
Leanda1 I believe they all posted their reviews in the CE version of the game.

Go to: