bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 10, 11 9:32 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets? We value your reviews, as do many of the other Fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before.

If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you're encountering any technical issues with the game, please be sure to post them in the Post any Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets technical issues here only thread and to also get in touch with Customer Support. This way we can keep this thread reserved just for reviews.

*If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion!'

Thanks and happy gaming!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets

[Post New]by analogmama on Apr 12, 11 1:33 AM
Well, I liked the story, though it was told in a rather disjointed manner. It almost seemed like the developers weren't sure where they were going with it, but it didn't fall apart. It did fall prey to the "all the vital information comes in a fairly large rush at the end" syndrome, though.

There were a lot of hidden object scenes and not so many puzzles, which is a bummer for me. The images were lovely, they were fairly careful to place things that seemed appropriate for an area (since one of the clues hinges on something being oddly out of place), and the animations were very neat.

BUT. Some of the objects were hellishly tiny and difficult at best for me to see, and I've got a very large screen here. Other objects had rather oddball names. Sure, I know "clothes peg" is an old term for "clothes pin", but does everyone? More than once I was clicking anything in sheer annoyance. At least it doesn't seem to penalize for that.

Putting the timer onto the "scenes" was hair pullingly annoying. I take a lot of time with hidden object scenes, and the time limit was a real pain.

A lot more thought could have been put into the game and story, particularly in telling the story and bringing out the characters. I liked the comic book style interludes. The "clue cards" was sort of a waste of time, and though you get the idea that you can control your fate with this one, it still steams you down the single path.

It was a pretty long game to play, pretty to look at, and fairly interesting, overall. I liked it, but I probably won't play it again.

[Post New]by SueFlechner on May 2, 11 5:09 AM
at this moment I am really enjoying this game...tho i avoid timed hidden object games
and i hate when the objects are really too small and hidden to find...still...making coffee
and putting the puzzles together has been quite fun!! Thanks for this challenging
puzzler...i love it!! for right now, anyway...still have a ways to go!!

RafV
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by RafV on May 31, 11 8:42 AM
I just finished this Huge! game...
All in all a 4 star-rating.

Actually, I'm not AT ALL a fan of hidden objects games...
I'd even go so far as say - I hate them!
I say this, because; mostly the games that I have played, have been more than annoyingly bad "created" (I mean the "hidden objects" in the game).
At times one needs to look for objects at places where one NEVER would, neither look, nor find these objects... now what's the fun about that??

THIS game is faar better, concerning this!
although, there are still some weird placements, and as someone posted - weird names... nevertheless - not too bad.

The Look of the game is very fresh!
I indeed liked the comic-book style, as well.

The story was good. Although - as mentioned - got too hasty solved in the end!
In the begining - It takes at least 4-5 scenes, until one gets a bit of a clue what's going on at all... and then there is not much happening in the next 6-8 scenes... and suddenly it's done...
A pitty really.
I like the idea though, that one COULD play the game several times, and it's not the same anytime. (The hidden objects). Good done!

VERY nice sound FX/Atmo!!! - absolutely PRO-job!!!

I'm not sure if I'm content with the suggested price...
Ok - there is MANY scenes, and ALOT of objects to find... - but for me,
it's merely a "paste"- job...
If this would have been a more "interactive" program, I would say - it would have been a HUGE hit...
But that's my problem with all these "Hidden Object" games...
Maybe younger kids like them, because they are simple (and at times incredibly exclusive - concerning graphics, like this game....)

All just a question of taste!

I give the game 4 stars in the end!

NICE WORK!

R

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 4, 11 9:55 PM
I really didn't like this game. As mentioned by someone else, the Hidden Object to puzzle ratio was awful, and it flat-out wasn't interesting.

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on Oct 17, 11 8:42 AM
This was the first HOG game I ever purchased. I bought it several years ago (on another site) and really enjoyed it.

When I purchased a new laptop I didn't have the code for re-installing the game but I enjoyed Dr. Lynch so much that I re-purchased it here at Big Fish and can once again play it.

I enjoyed the graphics, the background music and sound effects and the story line. Game play took quite a long time so I was pleased that this wasn't a short game.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 9, 11 10:43 AM
OK...lasted about 10 minutes in this game....objects ARE REALLY SMALL, my poor eyes. Another **** game....I need a little more adventure and I'm not really fond of the comic book effect....not big on spending my game time reading a lot of text. Not a buy for me, even for a DD.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Apr 28, 13 9:52 PM
I made it through about five minutes. This is an awful game. Comic book style with small lettering made it difficult for my tired eyes to read the dialogue. This appears to be very dated. HOS are weird; I can't put my finger on just why - I guess they appear dated, too. No voice-overs.

Comparing this game to something like a Dark Parables game makes me wonder why I would pay the same price for this game. There is really no comparison.

If I can't read the dialogue and can't see the objects then I can't play the game. I wouldn't play this game if it were free.

Someone mentioned no penalty for over-clicking - I was penalized. Time is taken away from the allotted time to complete the HOS. And if the HOS is not completed in time the player is sent back to the beginning of the investigation - all the way back to the comic book pages. That is a significant penalty and one which is unacceptable to me. As some items are miniscule I was not able to complete even the first HOS (and I'm not a player who is new to these games). I'm assuming the same penalty applies for all HOS and that means that the player can complete a large part of the game, only to be sent back to the beginning. I don't like the standard over-clicking penalties but they are nothing compared to the penalty in this game. This is the worst penalty I have seen in a game.

I play games to have fun, not to be punished. I am very disappointed in the devs and in Big Fish.

Edited on 04/29/2013 at 10:22:17 AM PST

Go to: