GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

Unhappy with this game

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on Apr 10, 11 1:54 PM
I wish I hadn't bought this game. I have a wide screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution, but it seems to me that the game wasn't designed for the wider screen. The display, instead of being crisp and sharp, is very blurry, as though the graphics were for a screen with a narrower width to height ratio, and are simply being spread over the wider screen. Since my eyes are not great, I can't clearly see the objects to be found. I'm also annoyed because:
1) I don't care for hidden object games that penalize you for a wrong click.
2) There are often several objects that meet the criteria (a "vase" for example) with no way to tell which one is the "right" one (according to the game developers).
3) Objects are often partly hidden by other objects. I like objects which are cleverly hidden, rather than just obscured.

I enjoy the areas where you have to solve a puzzle to escape, but not the hidden object areas. I will not be buying the sequel.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Unhappy with this game

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 10, 11 2:08 PM
The graphics in this game are not good on any resolution whether you have a wide screen or not. It is an older game by Gogii Games and the scenes are often dark and blurry and the items hard to find.

The sequel has much better prodution values and it has much more adventure rather than so many hidden object scenes. The sequel is shorter than the original but it is a better game as far as the visual aspects go. You should try the demo of the sequel and see.

Happy gaming!

GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on Apr 10, 11 5:17 PM
Thanks, Lizzie. I may try the sequel after all, then

ivoryrose71
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ivoryrose71 on Jun 5, 13 11:47 PM
I can honestly say I'm legally blind now. Man I wish I never bought this awful game. I'm on level 29 and can't wait to be done. Resolution is horrible

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 6, 13 2:17 PM
Compared to more recent games this one does have really bad resolution. I played it when it first came out and in two different scenes the items/statues that we were to pick up were actually not there. The cursor would change and you could click on the empty space and the game would register that you got the object. It was very strange, then the developer released an update to fix those areas.

I have fond feeling for this game because it introduced me to the adventure aspect of games. I had only done hidden object games and I learned the logic and mechanics of the adventure parts of games when I played this game back in 2008.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jun 6, 13 4:04 PM
I think Escape the Museum was the second game I bought from BF and I enjoyed it a lot. I had never played this kind of game so it was like a child receiving a new toy. Probably It would look ancient now, but at the time it was so good!. And curiously, I did not like the sequel so much, though it was much improved in graphics and adventure.

Malekitty
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Malekitty on Aug 24, 13 4:33 PM
Escape the Museum 1 is an old game released in early 2008. Unfortunately, compared to many new hidden object games released in the last few years 2011 to date, it comes across as very weak competitor.

As a hidden object game, the weakest thing about it is the hidden object scenes. With hazy graphics, items are very difficult to see, and the vague descriptions such as "book" do not make the search easy. You are penalized for accuracy with every wrong tap (iPhone version), and pinching the screen to zoom in throws the accuracy as well. I gave up with the accuracy rating early in the game. The worst thing is to have to go back to these scenes over and over again to collect so-called valuables for Marcus. Each scene requires three to four visits to clear. At the end, the Historical Society items even require a final visit.

Compared to the hidden object scenes that were a chore to play, the escape segments were quite good. I think Escape the Museum deserves a remake.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Oct 21, 13 9:07 AM
I own almost 350 Big Fish Games and I have to say that this one is probably the one I dislike the most. I bought it in February of 2010, as the portion of the demo I tried seemed interesting and the story line seemed compelling.

BUT... after playing a short time, it became very tedious. Many of the hidden objects are extremely small and/or very well hidden. Unfortunately, the game is VERY lengthy, and long before the end of it, I was totally bored and I wished I had never made the purchase. I greatly enjoy many Hidden Object games I own but this one definitely did not cut it for me.

I don't recommend this game unless you have a very large monitor screen, 20/20 vision, the patience of Job and a lot of time to waste.

Classicaljazz

P.S. On a positive note, I'll like to add that this developer has released various other games that I have purchased and like very much.

ldro
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ldro on Jan 6, 14 12:46 PM
I agree, this game is in my top two of games I regret buying. The resolution is a problem and the coloring is also poor. I also dislike looking for an object to find it is hidden behind the words!

Go to: