bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Mystery Novel technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 11, 11 12:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

sylvia99
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Novel technical issues here only

[Post New]by sylvia99 on Apr 11, 11 12:52 AM
Unfortunately another game that doesn´t save the progress.

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Apr 11, 11 1:32 AM
Had no problem loading the game or story but the glitches afterwards were terrible. Combination to room wouldn't load on the numbers properly, couldn't examine what was on the table as the sparkling bits and magifying glass pointed at below the table. Hope there are some fixes as it looked like an interesting game to buy.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Apr 11, 11 2:16 AM
oh great... another game that I cannot play because there is no cursor control.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Apr 11, 11 2:34 AM
downloaded the trial earlier this morning. Just went to play it and it said "trial expired", and I haven't even played it yet!! What's going on???

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 11, 11 4:45 AM
poggyapoo wrote:downloaded the trial earlier this morning. Just went to play it and it said "trial expired", and I haven't even played it yet!! What's going on???

Did you beta test it? That will use up your trial period in most cases. If not, contact tech support by clicking on the green envelope on the right.

jackdacat
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by jackdacat on Apr 11, 11 5:04 AM
I had no problems loading the game, I entered my name, clicked "play" and lo and behold, my cursor disappeared! why?

kayjay97
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by kayjay97 on Apr 11, 11 5:33 AM
sylvia99 wrote:Unfortunately another game that doesn´t save the progress.

Played thru the whole demo and then bought the game. After going back in to resume playing, not only did it not save my progress but it dumped my player name too. It was like I never opened the game.

Scratch that. It is there and it did save my progress. The new player came up asking for a player. Once I got out of that my player name was there

Edited on 04/11/2011 at 5:35:12 AM PST

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Apr 11, 11 9:00 AM
Custom cursor is a bit iffy and no option to change. This little glitch slows down gameplay.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Apr 11, 11 10:22 AM
Game just crashed and dumped me out. That's the first time I've had that happen to me.

In order to get the combination lock to work, you have to actually click on the paper with the combination. It then will show up when you go back to the door with the combination.

hibtug
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hibtug on Apr 11, 11 11:12 AM
I played the trial version for about 30 minutes but had to stop for a while. When I came back I found that the game had not been saved nor had the player name. I will have to start over which means this trail version will only last for 3o minutes on the whole.

[Post New]by shyguy38 on Apr 11, 11 11:18 AM
jackdacat wrote:I had no problems loading the game, I entered my name, clicked "play" and lo and behold, my cursor disappeared! why?

I had the same issue and have the same question...boy that made it challenging to exit out of the game! That was a fun 3 minutes...

saila72
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by saila72 on Apr 11, 11 11:59 AM
I have this problem! When i try play this game, my computer says: game.exe stop working and game kick me out, i have vista...

[Post New]by canajungirl1 on Apr 11, 11 3:45 PM
downloaded the game no problem but when i went to play the screen went black and a little floating box said input not supported ???? anyone else with this problem

sunnyxt0p
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyxt0p on Apr 11, 11 4:49 PM
Like the game, but slow cursor. I'll be a really old lady, when I finish this one.
No buy.
Sunny

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Apr 11, 11 7:09 PM
Trial downloaded fine but when I clicked to play my screen went blank and the box said "out of range". I run XP have a great system and play multiple games but this one is a no go. Sad as it looked interesting.

Lafondue
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Lafondue on Apr 11, 11 8:24 PM
After the memory game, game crashed...oh well did not look that great anyway..

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 11, 11 8:51 PM
Umm...SO NOT COOL! Game crashed after getting to "Jones Hut" and getting the Ferry Boat engine fixed and filled with gasoline. Some crash pop up window popped up but went away so fast I couldn't read what it was so I can't even send a report to CS because I have no information from what that pop up window said. I went back into the game and it did not save any of my progress whatsoever! This has NEVER happened with any other game before! It didn't even save my user name! This was about 45 minutes after I purchased and activated it after playing the full demo so about an hour and 45 minutes into the game for me.

saila72
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by saila72 on Apr 12, 11 12:56 AM
canajungirl1 wrote:downloaded the game no problem but when i went to play the screen went black and a little floating box said input not supported ???? anyone else with this problem

Me too!

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Apr 12, 11 1:02 AM
what tha??? just about at the end and i get a black screen, had to turn off pc, windows vista, to get out, great game but would have liked to see the ending!!!

Go to: