bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for DreamWoods2

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 11, 11 12:18 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of DreamWoods2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for DreamWoods2

[Post New]by vezzettj on Apr 11, 11 1:22 AM
I've just played 45 minutes of my demo and I'm still not quite sure what is going on...

The "main game" is a turn based M3 style where if you do not make a match, new blocks will "grow". But some of those are Logic games, some are "clear a path", and some are "battle?" where your moves are undone as you go (i.e. you make a move, your opponent undoes the move, more blocks "grow", and then it is your turn again). The goal is always to make it to the Door, but there are coins and gems to collect as well (appear optional). And then they add "magic" to the mix... where you need to match 5 of the same color (but not all at once) to use it. I learned one spell but there were empty bottles all down the right hand of the screen. Note: I had to redo levels starting at level 3... but you can get hints on the "logic" type games via a ? in the top left corner. And when you have to redo a level, the whole thing resets, even the "clear a path" part that you had no problems with... (the evil wizard ? comes out and changes things to block you).

Coins are used to buy "bonus levels" where if you can get to the chest, you will be reward with an "artefact" that enhances your magic. The first one increases the range of your explosives. Gems are collected to give you "rewards". I didn't get enough gems to figure out what this is...

Every 3 levels there are mini games. So far I've had 2 HOGs where the list is given by pictures and one "find 20". And then there was the herding frogs... you can skip these but then you don't get extra "points". The points are used for decorating your "special place" where "no one can bother you here". It has no bearing on the game but it lets you personalize.

Sorry if this is confusing... but I AM confused! The graphics were beautiful (IMO) and very "fantasy"... but it does have a bit of a Christmas feel to it... you'll see in the first HOG. So, good luck to anyone who tries this; I have no idea how I feel about it...

Edited on 04/11/2011 at 1:25:54 AM PST

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Apr 11, 11 2:32 AM
I have the same feeling
Maybe if the developer have been giving us a more usefull instruction we would know what was going on.

Perhaps someone know what is going on and will share with us.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Apr 11, 11 2:48 AM
Perhaps if we had played Dreamwoods 1 it would make more sense.
Anyone played it? Not in the list of BFG games.

Tutanhomon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Tutanhomon on Apr 11, 11 4:18 AM
Well, there's really lots of stuff in this game - not only M3, but some other minigames like hidden or match 2, "find 10 differences" and more, also there's a glade where you can spend your earned points for bying different stuff...
The goal is to make your way to Begood's castle (you can see it in the end of the map) and defeat him. Begood is a very powerful magician, and he tries to disturb you in many ways, sometimes even changing the whole level! Also there's some Begood's servants - scarecrow and goblins - the prevent you from making combinations (but sometimes they make mistakes, and you can use it to make your move)
Very important part of the game is magic and artefacts. Using them makes passing levels much more simple. Every king of magic power can be filled by making combinations with blocks of corresponding color, like blue blocks give you lightning magic, etc...
Artefacts are two different types - those who increase the power of magic (like radius of the bomb or dynamite), and those who decrease the amount of "mana" you need to collect to use some magi. Little tip: if you blow 5 blocks at the same time you get full bottle of magic, some levels can be passed only such way.
Very exciting type of blocks - ice blocks, they appear further in the game. Blowing this block is equal to blowing 5 blocks of same color ;-)
And of course - The Battle Levels - where you meet face-to-face with Begood - and have to defeat him by blowing black block to harm him. Beware! In black blocks are blown by Begood - the harm is made to you!
So yes, sometimes the game confuses you, but it's really exciting and filled with action!

PS. How do you like Emmy's voice when she's big or small? (ROFL)

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Apr 11, 11 4:44 AM
Excellent game.

If you read the HELP guide on the opening screen, most things you encounter in the game are explained.

I love the graphics and Em and the rabbit are adorable. A very diverse variety of gameplay, good music and voices. Had to experiment a lot to find some of the solutions but I found them in the end. Big battle at the moment and I'm losing miserably, but starting to figure out how to win. Basically blow up the black blocks before he does! Mega explosions happnin' all the time.....Yay!

Well done developers

Tutanhomon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Tutanhomon on Apr 11, 11 6:57 AM
Frogmort wrote:
Dreamwoods 2 - Help!!

I see quite a few of you have got well past the level 4 M3 game where I am stuck...

It doesn't seem to matter what I do, however I align the crates of dynamite, the yellow patch shows a path being cleared all the way to the door, but after the explosion, there is one crate still left blocking the way (that had been shown in yellow so should have gone), and no means to get rid of any more crates.

Do any of you remember how you aligned the boxes to get through here?

I am playing the Mac version, so I suppose it could be a bug.

Thanks!

here's the right way of passing the level:
(link removed by moderator)

Edited on 04/12/2011 at 12:35:04 PM PST

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Apr 11, 11 6:59 AM
Nine Lines game with a fantasy theme. It's too bad it crashes.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 11, 11 8:27 AM
Cute little game with challenges of logic. Will play more of the demo when I get back from running errands this morning to see how I really feel about it. Right now it's just an okay experience for me.

Developers... Please allow more than six characters for a profile name. Sure, I can use initials but I generally use my given name in profiles and I have seven letters to it.

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Apr 11, 11 9:06 AM
I really like this game but I am not happy that I am stuck on level 5 - to me it is way to early in a game to get stuck!!! Can anyone help me get past level 5?? I bought the game but I may regret buying if I can't go any further. Update - finally got it!!! Thank you to the French guy, don't read French but still managed to figure it out. On to the next level.

Edited on 04/11/2011 at 9:53:55 AM PST

packrat54
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by packrat54 on Apr 11, 11 9:35 AM
Just finished the demo, As much as I wanted this to work I sadly have to say that this is a pass for me. I loved the graphics, Characters, etc. but the action was just too difficult. The difficulty came in about the fourth level. No matter what I did I could not move forward. I even started over in case I may have missed something but I got stuck in the same place. I liked the variety of mini games and found them to be a little bit too simple. Too bad, I really wanted to like this game.

[Post New]by fanny061965 on Apr 11, 11 9:41 AM
littletanpom wrote:I really like this game but I am not happy that I am stuck on level 5 - to me it is way to early in a game to get stuck!!! Can anyone help me get past level 5?? I bought the game but I may regret buying if I can't go any further.

pour le niveau 5 tu places les 2 bombes orange dans les renfoncements pres des cartons tu avance de 2 cases les deux caisses de tnt tu place la derniere bombe dans le creux des 3 caisses et les deux blocs bleu a la file

[Post New]by artisticsoul on Apr 11, 11 11:11 AM
When I first started this game, I thought I wasn't going to like it. However, as I played each level it built upon itself and I got hooked. I think it is a cute game with a certain magical feel. Also, there are plenty logic challenges. I know everyone doesn't like the same kind of games. But I appreciate all of the developers no matter what the game, but especailly the developers of games that have a positive feel to them.

Right now I am stuck on level 37 if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Apr 11, 11 12:24 PM
This is a great game! Nice graphics, nice music and it makes you think! If you get stuck and use the ? button top left, It gives just enough of a hint. I love it! I bought it! Good work Developers

I am only to 18 artistic.. so maybe someone will be along to help.

Slowpokie
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Slowpokie on Apr 11, 11 1:41 PM
I wanted to like this game! I really really did! But it just doesn't make sense. Yes you line up the blocks to blow things up. I got that but it just puts you in bigger areas with more blocks and it leaves me questioning what to do. I don't see the goal. I just see lots of blocks. Its too bad to because the game is cute. It would be something I would like. I just get stuck wondering what to do.

Tutanhomon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Tutanhomon on Apr 11, 11 2:11 PM
artisticsoul wrote:When I first started this game, I thought I wasn't going to like it. However, as I played each level it built upon itself and I got hooked. I think it is a cute game with a certain magical feel. Also, there are plenty logic challenges. I know everyone doesn't like the same kind of games. But I appreciate all of the developers no matter what the game, but especailly the developers of games that have a positive feel to them.

Right now I am stuck on level 37 if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

first you blow the chain lightning, it will free lots of space in top. The feature of this level is to make combinations of five blocks and building an island each time you do that, otherwise you won't get enough mana to build enough islands and make your way to either secret or simple door.

Cyndo123 wrote:This is a great game! Nice graphics, nice music and it makes you think! If you get stuck and use the ? button top left, It gives just enough of a hint. I love it! I bought it! Good work Developers

I am only to 18 artistic.. so maybe someone will be along to help.

well really it's quite simpe, but I spent some time on it either )
first you use lightning on two blocks of the same color (surrounded by crates) to free the others. Then as the help says you place freed blocks one near the litter basket and another - near the door. Use lightning again. now the girl and two other blocks are free. Use two blocks to free the door, and that's it!

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Apr 11, 11 2:53 PM
JessF wrote:Perhaps if we had played Dreamwoods 1 it would make more sense.

i have DreamWoods 1 and have never finished it. I got stuck somewhere towards the end and just can't figure that level out. I purchased it from a rival gamesite -(removed by moderator).

Edited on 04/12/2011 at 12:46:08 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 11, 11 3:36 PM
Definete not an easy game. I will probably buy it this week, I like this game

[Post New]by DreamWoods2 on Apr 11, 11 3:44 PM
machamc wrote:
JessF wrote:Perhaps if we had played Dreamwoods 1 it would make more sense.

i have DreamWoods 1 and have never finished it. I got stuck somewhere towards the end and just can't figure that level out. I purchased it from a rival gamesite -(removed by moderator).

..does not necessarily buy the DreamWoods1 to understand how to play ) We tried to make this game an unusual make something new I'm sorry if someone does not have pleased and took your time!

''If you get stuck and use the ? button top left, It gives just enough of a hint''
But if you need any assistance please feel free to ask!
Thanks!

Edited on 04/12/2011 at 12:48:39 PM PST

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Apr 11, 11 4:46 PM
I'm hooked. I love games that require strategy and logical thinking and I found myself doing some thinking from as early as level 4! Nice mini games, graphics and music. A definite purchase with my next credit. Think I'll have to try and find the first game as well!

Go to: