[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 11, 11 12:26 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em fishies...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Megastore Madness - DD for 11Apr2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 11, 11 2:00 AM
Played the demo and bought it. Yup - I'm weird... I'm more amused by a half-baked TM game than a ready-for-prime-time FROG... so sue me lol...

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Apr 11, 11 7:43 AM
I played the demo through about 7 days/levels but then decided not to get it.

I really liked the graphics style which I found charming and also the music.

I find the small girls kind of annoying because it seems silly to me that they wander in to the shop alone and drop toys randomly XD If it had been an occasional thing, rather than part of the routine, it would have worked better for me. Perhaps once or maybe twice a day a small child drops something.

Also I didn't feel anything really about the main character, because there was very little storyline (at least as far as I got) to get a feel for who she was and identify with her, and as soon as the game started she just became an oddly professional looking woman in the corner that congratulated me or told me what to do.

The queuing system (as in queuing up tasks rather than the checkout) was either partially broken when it came to the salesgirl, or just wasn't any good: she would go speak one customer I would queue her for the next and she just ignored it, which made things trickier and at first kept throwing me out until I realized what was happening.

But really the main issue was that i felt I had very little input or creativity or anything really except repeatedly clicking the same things.
I couldn't choose upgrades or decorations myself. This was even more annoying when I felt the decisions the game made were wrong: for example I was given another stock boy when I needed another saleswoman.

When I compare it to other TMs I have played it just feels very lacking and slightly monotonous.
Having said that I did almost buy it because it was sort of entertaining to play for 30 or 40 mins and it's cheap. But in the end the negatives just swayed me the other way, I just couldn't imagine myself wanting to play it all the way through.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Apr 11, 11 8:11 AM
I love TM games but worry when they have a word like madness or frenzy. I have a stack that couldn't be finished but I'll give this one a try since we've been offered so few lately.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Apr 11, 11 2:37 PM
gimmegames wrote:Played the demo and bought it. Yup - I'm weird... I'm more amused by a half-baked TM game than a ready-for-prime-time FROG... so sue me lol...

LOL, my sentiments exactly. I'm so desperate for a new TM game that I'm enjoying this one today. Worth the DD price.

[Post New]by chinadoll012 on Apr 11, 11 11:24 PM
Skulduggery wrote:I find the small girls kind of annoying because it seems silly to me that they wander in to the shop alone and drop toys randomly XD If it had been an occasional thing, rather than part of the routine, it would have worked better for me. Perhaps once or maybe twice a day a small child drops something.

The queuing system (as in queuing up tasks rather than the checkout) was either partially broken when it came to the salesgirl, or just wasn't any good: she would go speak one customer I would queue her for the next and she just ignored it, which made things trickier and at first kept throwing me out until I realized what was happening.

But really the main issue was that i felt I had very little input or creativity or anything really except repeatedly clicking the same things.
I couldn't choose upgrades or decorations myself. This was even more annoying when I felt the decisions the game made were wrong: for example I was given another stock boy when I needed another saleswoman.

I couldnt agree more with your statements above. Although I should have tried the game before purchasing it

Overall, I cant say I feel too bad, after all it was the DD so I dont feel I lost much. Shame, I was really hoping for a fun TM game to enjoy again.

Go to: