HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,269 Posts

Re:we few, we happy few, we band of DQ'ers

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 6, 17 2:33 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
HennyMarie wrote:We can also skip the 10 parters taking 2 ships.. half of the 8 takes 1 and the other half takes 2 ships... ofcourse it will take a longer time to finish the 500

There are only 3 that ask for 1 ship (Rare Editions, Robbery of the Century, In The Service of the Record Keeper). The other 5 require 2 ships.

You are right.. seems I can’t read

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,510 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 6, 17 5:07 PM
Castle Date: Oct 7

Game #1
Lost Pages (pass)

Game #2
Experiment
Three Days of the Castle Explorer (pass)

Looks like the update made things worse.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,687 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 6, 17 5:16 PM
Castle Date Oct. 7

Game 1:
Robber of the Century
OGRE 13
Special Interest (pass)

CC task #13: Done (39 HOS + 1 from Morph's)

Game 2:
Robbery of the Century
Helpful Device (pass)

CC task #12: Done
CC task #13: Done (36 HOS + 1 from Morph's)

Edited on 10/07/2017 at 2:44:40 PM PST

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,687 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 6, 17 5:26 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Castle Date: Oct 7

Looks like the update made things worse.

Oh boy, TS. That makes me so depressed to hear.

It seems like the airships are worse too starting about two days ago.

Game 1 was only occasionally getting airships over 285 (average was 264). Now I haven't seen one below 285 and routinely are coming back at 300 or above. When I sent my airship yesterday I spent 12 diamonds sending and recalling to get a lower one and ended up settling on 285.

Since reaching level 47, game 2 had only gotten an airship above 180 twice (average was 153). Now all my airships are coming back over 180. I just sent one away at 192.

I hope this is a fluke.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
793 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 6, 17 5:27 PM
Daily Progress 10/6/17

Lost Pages 3 part
Inspiration 5 part
Robbery of the Century 10 part
Lost Pages PASS

HOS: 71,740 - 71,641 = 99 (burnout)
Trina: 559 - 558 = 1
Postcards: 2079 (beginning) 2094 (ending)

2 Lost pages in one day. I think someone wants me to take a break.

Edited on 10/07/2017 at 5:09:52 PM PST

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
506 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Oct 6, 17 11:11 PM
HennyMarie wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:
HennyMarie wrote:We can also skip the 10 parters taking 2 ships.. half of the 8 takes 1 and the other half takes 2 ships... ofcourse it will take a longer time to finish the 500

There are only 3 that ask for 1 ship (Rare Editions, Robbery of the Century, In The Service of the Record Keeper). The other 5 require 2 ships.

You are right.. seems I can’t read

Don't worry, HennyMarie, we all misplace our glasses from time to time....
How do I know this? you ask. Because I keep finding pairs of them all over the castle, in many of the HOS's!

BTW Congrats on your recent achievement! woohoo!

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,269 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 6, 17 11:15 PM
Helpful device DONE
Something new DONE
NOT DOING Gnome spy again today.
Trina got her wheels, and zz and shards.. now she wants cards again.. out as usual, but tomorrow’s another day.
CC done.. fed some pets.

HOS done 110.000

Edited on 10/07/2017 at 1:32:04 PM PST

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
506 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Oct 6, 17 11:18 PM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:Thank you TiramaSue, silver_hawk, and HennyMarie! I hope you know I wasn't questioning the strategy itself, just wanting the reasoning behind it. They are so well thought out and I like hearing another perspective.

Me too... and thanks also to you GCG, for asking.
(I don't manage very well.... )

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
506 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Oct 6, 17 11:31 PM
Lobbying more luck (lucky seven)

And for everyone else too:

Now, for MY luck: next post coming soon.....

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
793 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 7, 17 12:10 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:TiramaSue, not trying to change your strategy, just want to understand...why do you only want a 10 part DQ?

To me, the waste of airship items is greater in the 10 part quests because some want 2 airships, the number of wheels necessary is low, and you only get credit for 1 DQ, although 10 parts are harder to come by.

On the other hand, number of wheels asked in 5 parts are higher. You would be sending out the same airship, once, completing a DQ, and receiving another.

Is it the inventory?

Because, the only way you can complete a 10-part DQ is by sending an airship or 2.

There are 6 3-part DQ that require no airships. Why should I send 2 airships AND play dice AND open up 6 ZZ's to complete Three Days? Why should I send 1 airship AND play dice to complete Lost Pages? It's not as if the DQ gold chests contain anything special.

The are 5 5-part DQ's that don't require airships. So why play Another Potion (1 airship, 14ZZ), Inspiration (1 airship, 10 ZZ, dice) or Helping Hand (1 airship, dice, 10 ZZ include column of the fallen twice)? They pay exactly the same amount of coins and medallions as the easier 5-parters and you get a silver chest from any 5-part DQ.

Every airship sent to complete a 3 or 5 part DQ means doing 100 more HOS to get airship items to be used in a 10-part DQ. Multiply that by 2 games and that's a heck of a lot of extra HOS I'd prefer not to do.

I know I'm late to the party, again, but oh well, I'm old, too old I think.

The only reason I do Lost Pages, or any other 3 or 5 part, is the hopes of getting a 10 part, but I wont do any 3 or 5 part that take more than one airship like Day 1. There are exceptions to this though. If I use an amulet for Gnome Spy and Day 1 shows up right after, like it has twice so far, then I may consider it. I can say it's 50/50 since I did do it once and passed on it once

Today, I got Lost Pages first, then Inspiration, and finally Robbery of the Century. I would not have gotten Robbery if I hadn't first completed Lost Pages. That being said, my hands & arms hurt terribly, and I'm getting burned out as can be shown by the number of HOS I have completed lately. I'm lucky to get the energy balls, and I even failed to get all 20 at least 2 times.

I am so ready to just get this done. It's coming to the point that it's becoming no longer fun & my OCD is the driving force.

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
506 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Oct 7, 17 1:28 AM
Thank you gtminer for posting your reasoning also.

Very interesting to read all the differing perspectives.....

I am feeling quite bad for you (and a little guilty - did I encourage you too much?) that your hands and arms are causing you so much pain and that you are feeling burnt out.

Your health MUST come first, so you should consider taking it a little bit easier, at least until you feel better...

I only managed about 3 weeks of going hard at DQ's before I was feeling it (and I didn't achieve nearly as much as you!). Now I take it at a much easier pace - yes, it will take a bit longer, but it is more fun, and less tiring.....

Please, please, please, put your health first - don't want to hear an RSI story, that you can't play very much at all, anymore.... that would be very, very sad....

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
506 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Oct 7, 17 3:46 AM
Cute_Moni wrote:Feeling really happy today! And lucky!

First up - What's Going On?
1st airship wants 150 wheels.... and I have a nice 237 one waiting.... And Trina's wheels to finish off, too.

Up, up and away! 6/9 CC#10

Now Trina, after relieving me from another 20 postcards, wants to watch me do 50 HOS's. Cool. More airship items!
Working through them for the DQ, up to 6/50 now.
But have to wait for the dice... and soon after, the 2nd airship....
Want to match it in with Trina (and the CC, or course!)....
So not spending diamonds yet - doing some rounds instead.

Meanwhile, have moved forward through the update, and now have kids in my castle!
Waiting patiently for the dice - curious to see if the kids are now gambling....
Don't tell me! - I'll find out soon enough!

Postcards: 1820....

CONTINUING:
Trina
Finished the 50 HOS's
And another 50 HOS's & 20 postcards
Then 200 shards & 20 ZZ's
Then 200 shards & 50 HOS's
......DQ dice ready - they're not kids! Yay!.....done....
......DQ HOS's done up to the airship.....airship waiting....
Then 200 shards & 20 postcards
Then 50 HOS's & 20 postcards, partly done
......soooo tired ......
......sent airship.....CC#10 done.....
No wheels for Trina
......finished off the DQ.....finally!....
......Then, Secret Delivery - naaahhhh.....
HOS's at 36/50

TODAY (before MC day start)
Still Trina
Finished the 50 HOS's
Then 20 ZZ's & 20 postcards
Then 200 shards & 300 wheels
.....amulet activated....
Then 200 shards & 20 postcards
Then 20 ZZ's & 20 postcards
.....DQ done, with only 13 secs to spare!! (used wands to finish it)

TODAY (MC day start at 11am)
Studying Luck done
CC#11 done
Special Interest done
Ancient Picture.....amulet finished...so, pending.....
CC#12 done
CC#13 done

Phew!!
Time for a rest.... .....

Postcards: 1715

Shards: 13,800

Moni

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,510 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 7, 17 6:00 AM
gtminer wrote:

I know I'm late to the party, again, but oh well, I'm old, too old I think.

The only reason I do Lost Pages, or any other 3 or 5 part, is the hopes of getting a 10 part, but I wont do any 3 or 5 part that take more than one airship like Day 1. There are exceptions to this though. If I use an amulet for Gnome Spy and Day 1 shows up right after, like it has twice so far, then I may consider it. I can say it's 50/50 since I did do it once and passed on it once

Today, I got Lost Pages first, then Inspiration, and finally Robbery of the Century. I would not have gotten Robbery if I hadn't first completed Lost Pages. That being said, my hands & arms hurt terribly, and I'm getting burned out as can be shown by the number of HOS I have completed lately. I'm lucky to get the energy balls, and I even failed to get all 20 at least 2 times.

I am so ready to just get this done. It's coming to the point that it's becoming no longer fun & my OCD is the driving force.

If I played everyday, the way you do, by the time I got to the point that my game spit out a 10-part DQ, I'd be out of airship items. I'm not wiling to play 300 to 400 HOS per day to complete this challenge or to complete the DQ achievements.

I play games to relax and enjoy myself, not to inflict pain on myself. Right now, for me, this game is not fun and I'm not going to force myself to play to gather airship items or get all the energy balls.

Instead, I'm going to play one of the many other games I own rather than torture myself playing MC while I wait for something to kick my games out of the repetitive quest cycle they settle into each and every time there's an update.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,269 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 7, 17 1:54 PM
My way of playing:

I normally just do the DQ I get.. sometimes like this sometimes like and sometimes it is just

I open the castle first thing in the morning.. do the quests till I get stoped by a closed HOS .. then send gifts, and make breakfast.
If I get a “dotheHOS3times” I play the main castle between first and second time.. I am always scared I accidently play a HOS I need for a zz

During the day I may only do what the DQ ask for, but then when I get to DQ I can’t finish in time, I do HOS till I reach an even 100. Then I take a screenshot of my achievementpage showing 3, 5 and 10 parters. After that I go on doing HOS maybe even Trina quests, but then the HOS just count for next day and that day may be 200 or 300

I keep my screenshot for the month, and the delete all, but the first.. that way I keep track back to beginning of the year.

I have older pictures but the are of my brown stamp progres and my shard progres.. because I document what I work at, at the time.

Please don’t hold this strategy against me.. I may play different next week

BAPPLE
Herring
Herring
390 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Oct 7, 17 3:08 PM
I am so sorry many are struggling!! I agree the repetitive nature of DQ'S is frustrating. And I do not torture myself with a lot of Trina quests only when they coincide with DQ'S. That particular achievement should be a Lifetime Achievement Award. Will give it my best shot and be satisfied with the results.

No progress today. My only DQ was Something New and decided to work on inventory from beginning of game day. I have sent away 3 airships that were unacceptable so that was a good decision. The one docked now is okay. I hope the next DQ is okay as well. Not holding my breath.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,687 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 7, 17 5:44 PM
Castle Date Oct. 8

Game 1:
Ancient Picture
Legendary Scroll
In the Service of the Record Keeper (pass)

CC task #14: Done

Game 2:
Lost Pages (pass)

CC task #14: Done

I am getting a bit tired of seeing Lost Pages.

TS, I hope you're having a better day. Would love to see you get the Amazon avatar if nothing else this CC.

Update:
Got Record Keeper. I should do it, I have time to do it, but I'm too tired to do it. Pass.

Edited on 10/08/2017 at 8:58:36 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,510 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 7, 17 5:55 PM
Castle date: Oct 8

Game #1
Experiment
Ancient Picture (250th 5-part DQ)
Robbery of the Century
Gnome Spy
Competition
In the Service of the Record Keeper
Special Interest (pass)

CC task #10 - 9 crates packed - done
CC task #11 - 70 hidden object scenes searched - done
CC task #12 - 10 items from the fortune wheel - received 4 items

Game #2
Helpful Device
Ancient Picture

Edited on 10/08/2017 at 4:26:33 PM PST

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
793 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 7, 17 10:02 PM
Daily Progress 10/7/17

Secret Delivery 10 part
Legendary Scrolls 5 part
Another Potion 5 part
Robbery of the Century 10 part
Something New 10 part

HOS 71,933 - 71,740 = 103
Trina: 564 - 559 = 5
Postcards: 2094 (beginning) 2069 (ending)

Edited on 10/08/2017 at 2:46:27 PM PST

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,269 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 8, 17 2:46 AM
Hiiiii you people.. you have jinxed my game

Got 3 days and don’t do it.. hoped for some nice Trina quests.. but nooooooo she only wants cards.. I have 1

Did 200 HOS, and got the CC done.
Hope for better luck tomorrow

Edited on 10/08/2017 at 12:42:41 PM PST

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,687 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 8, 17 4:22 AM
TiramaSue wrote:Castle date: Oct 8

Game #1
Ancient Picture (250th 5-part DQ)
Robbery of the Century
Gnome Spy

Game #2

250 5-part DQ's Nice ! Congrat's !

RotC/GS - You got your Amazon avatar (on this game at least)

Three Days - Stinks . Sorry to see game 2 is in this maddening loop.

Edited on 10/08/2017 at 5:57:41 AM PST

Go to: