bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship! April 11, 2011

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 11, 11 11:10 AM
We have a new version of The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship available now. This new version of the game fixes the following:

-Items disappearing and the hint button not working properly, especially when the luggage room puzzle is reached.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, please contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 1:26:38 PM PST

Re:UPDATE! New version available for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship! April, 11, 2

[Post New]by Dasny960 on Apr 11, 11 12:00 PM
Could you please help me? I uninstalled and reinstalled the treasures of mystery Island: the Ghost ship. It kept cycling back and forth between installing and activating under the progress tab for over 5 minutes and now it just states waiting for installing and it is in yellow under the my games tab. I hit the trash can and it won't delete so I can retry. the only thing I can think of is to reboot my computer and try then. So Here I go. I love this game. Hope this going to work. I never sent anything to you before so I hope I get a response back Dasny

Re:UPDATE! New version available for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship! April, 11, 2

[Post New]by thequeenbag on Apr 11, 11 3:13 PM
I updated but still have the same problem. My curser gets stuck on the clock face in the hut and I cannot set the time so can't go any further.

[Post New]by GeckoFriend on Apr 11, 11 7:26 PM
I installed the new version and now the game will not play at all. When I click to play I get the little blue circle as usual when a game starts but then the circle disappears and nothing happens. Tried reinstalling again and restarting computer.

Lassie1952
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Lassie1952 on Apr 11, 11 8:29 PM
I used the Game Manager Option to update and the hint system still doesn't work and I'm stuck.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 12, 11 3:45 AM
Thank you. I installed the update and can now play the locker game.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Apr 12, 11 6:08 AM
I was having the disappearing hint problem, and installed the new version yesterday afternoon. Everything looks good now; I've been playing off and on since then with no problems.

I have a 4-year old desktop with Vista 32-bit OS. Before I installed the update, I uninstalled the original program and restarted the computer. Then I installed the update. If I've had technical issues with a game, or any program for that matter, I always uninstall and restart before I reinstall. I also use Registry Mechanic from PC Tools to keep my computer optimized, and it seems to make a big difference in performance on many levels, IMO.

UPDATE! New version available for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship! April, 11, 2011

[Post New]by otocur on Apr 12, 11 8:57 AM
bfgDonau wrote:We have a new version of The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship available now. This new version of the game fixes the following:

-Items disappearing and the hint button not working properly, especially when the luggage room puzzle is reached.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1245">Game Updates in the Game Manager</a>

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, please contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 04/12/2011 at 9:00:11 AM PST

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Apr 12, 11 8:58 AM
Awesome. The luggage puzzle is now working. Thanks BF.

[Post New]by smartvalerie on Apr 12, 11 9:41 AM
Thanks bf for the update, my hints had stopped working but all fine now. Great game an enjoying it.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 12, 11 10:49 AM
Installed the update and am playing for a second time. Luggage puzzle is now working. Had no problems other than the luggage with first install. Now with the update my cursor freezes on the clock. I had to shut down with my task manager. I'd rather have the original problem. At least I could skip the puzzle and continue. This way I'm just stuck.

I'm going to try uninstall and then a brand new install.

QB22
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by QB22 on Apr 12, 11 1:50 PM
Same problem with the clock. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still stuck at clock and need to use control/alt to delete.

I haven't purchased a game for quite sometime because there were so many problems getting them to work. I see that hasn't changed.

[Post New]by wvteenteen on Apr 12, 11 4:14 PM
Thank you for fixing the luggage mini-game. However, I get stuck on the clock in the hut. I usually have to use ctrl + alt+ del to even get out of the mini-game. Being stuck in this area means you cannot move any further in the game.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 12, 11 7:20 PM
The game ran perfectly for me until I got to the clock in the hut. The hands of the clock just turn and turn and my cursor is stuck. I had to control/alt/delete and bring up the task manager in order to get out of the game. Please look into this problem as I see several folks here on the forum reporting it.

[Post New]by AuntieJulie on Apr 13, 11 1:38 PM
Yep - me too!

Has anyone contacted tech support with this problem? I think I will now.

Fingers crossed!

Re:UPDATE! New version available for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship! April, 11,

[Post New]by butterfly21956 on Apr 13, 11 5:42 PM
thequeenbag wrote:I updated but still have the same problem. My curser gets stuck on the clock face in the hut and I cannot set the time so can't go any further.
I have that problem too

Re:UPDATE! New version available for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship! April, 11,

[Post New]by kimberly007 on Apr 14, 11 6:33 AM
thequeenbag wrote:I updated but still have the same problem. My curser gets stuck on the clock face in the hut and I cannot set the time so can't go any further.

Mine too, it was actually working find before I updated.....

Sandyinuk
Manatee
Manatee
3,577 Posts

[Post New]by Sandyinuk on Apr 15, 11 8:07 AM
the clock is impossible to do, you can not move off it, help!

Topaz1968
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Topaz1968 on Apr 15, 11 4:34 PM
I am in the middle of playing the game. Will I lose my progress if I install the update?

313gramgram
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by 313gramgram on Apr 15, 11 9:00 PM
The new update does not work on the problem with your cursor getting stuck on the clock. It still just keeps spinning around you have to use the text manager to close. I unstalled it and restalled it and that didn't help. I've read the forum and a lot of people are having the same problem. PLEASE fix the problem It is a great game. and would love to play it. Thank you Gram

Go to: