bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 11, 11 11:15 AM
If you are having problems getting The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 1:31:02 PM PST

Re:Post any The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship technical issues here only

[Post New]by jennicorn on Apr 11, 11 5:08 PM
I cannot take any more pictures of the monkeys. I am stuck is their a fix for this? I am loading the update now. Will that help?

Re:Post any The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship technical issues here only

[Post New]by Annika2 on Apr 12, 11 10:16 AM
I still can´t get true the clock.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 12, 11 10:51 AM
I installed the update and my cursor freezes on the clock. This didn't happen when I played with the original install. This is the only game I've ever had a problem with so I don't think anything is wrong with my system.

Edit: I uninstalled and did a new install and then started a new game and problem was solved.

Edited on 04/12/2011 at 1:23:45 PM PST

[Post New]by EllesLangille on Apr 13, 11 4:27 PM
I can't get farther than the clock either. I'm stuck. I can set the clock, but the lower part never opens to reveal the sponge or key. Can't move forward in the game without either.

Apparently this is a common complaint amongst several customers - and we're all waiting for a solution (once we've done everything to correct the problem on our ends).

Please help!

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Apr 14, 11 12:20 AM
I had the same problem--the cursor got stuck on the clock and wouldn't allow me to pull away.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Apr 14, 11 10:24 AM
I am nearly finished with this great game never used the walk through either.
But as soon as I try to put this light up in the last scene the program stops and I go back to the game master. I tried this 3 times.
Help I need to finish this, or is that the end could not be, otr is this timed and I lose 2 seconds????????????

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Apr 14, 11 10:19 PM
phoenix_rising wrote:I am nearly finished with this great game never used the walk through either.
But as soon as I try to put this light up in the last scene the program stops and I go back to the game master. I tried this 3 times.
Help I need to finish this, or is that the end could not be, otr is this timed and I lose 2 seconds????????????

Happened to me to; tried three times to re-start the game only to have it kick me back to the GM again.
Ah, well, I'm pretty sure I was nearly finished and I am pretty sure how this game ends; you save everyone and the ghosts are set free!

[Post New]by TraciL1234 on Apr 15, 11 8:28 AM
I can't pick up the last piece of the valve in the mailbox.

[Post New]by SusanH520 on Apr 15, 11 12:06 PM
I put the hands of the clock on wrong. Second hand then hour hand & I can't figure out how to fix it. All I can do is hit escape to get out of the clock. Then I'm sure I'll have the same problem as so many, not being able to get past the clock set at 4:30, but I can't try because of the hands problem, help please.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 15, 11 1:07 PM
Hello folks,

If you're having troubles with the clock, please write in to Tech Support (you can click on this link) with a Dr. Felix report (you can click here as well) so that our reps can collect more information as to why this might be happening.

For those of you with a freezing game in the last scene, although we haven't received many reports regarding this issue, I would definitely recommend getting in touch with Tech Support as well. Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread everyone.

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 1:09:10 PM PST

jpump
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by jpump on Apr 15, 11 1:13 PM
clock problem, same as everyone else. Put the hands for 4:30 and nothing. So I guess we are dead in the water till we have a fix?

[Post New]by Lill19947 on Apr 15, 11 7:29 PM
I am having problems with "The Treasures of Mystery Island: The ghost ship." I am stuck at the clock. I cannot proceed with the game until I complete this task. The task seems impossible. Please help.

[Post New]by Gina4401 on Apr 16, 11 9:55 AM
phoenix_rising wrote:I am nearly finished with this great game never used the walk through either.

You're not the only one! Just as I am about to complete the steam machine the game kicks Me out and if I restart I just get kicked out again. I am sick of getting games from big fish that wont work correctly or are flawed. This is why I canceled My account, I have 6 games that I bought that are not running right and can't get the repaired or reimbursed for My purchase.

what a shame!

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Apr 16, 11 4:27 PM
Well, was going to report the same issue with the clock that everyone else had, but I saw a thing about using escape to get out of the zoom in, and did that, went back into it, and that seemed to help get the clock to at least let me start setting it, and turned ot if you set the smaller hand past the 4 that seems to open up the cabinet, but what I also noticed in windowed mode at least was when it was stuck like that with the big hand turning, it wouldn't show my mouse on my desktop past the game window at all, Hoping this gets fixed for all soon, I may have gotten past it, but I may delay on purchasing this game a bit longer till all the bugs are fixed.

[Post New]by phobarbenix on Apr 16, 11 6:09 PM
at 4: 30, the small hand is NOT on the 4. it's halfway to the 5. i was stuck there myself until i remembered that. DUH.

[Post New]by ridgie5 on Apr 17, 11 9:40 AM
The game will not allow me to put the faded piece of paper on the steam or anywhere near the boiling potion. According to the walkthrough I have done everything correctly

txrose3
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,035 Posts

[Post New]by txrose3 on Apr 17, 11 11:56 PM
Having the same issue as others with the clock. Frustrating

reneesenn
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by reneesenn on Apr 19, 11 8:48 AM
Alright,before the update the game worked perfect for me EXCEPT that I couldn't play the moving suitcases game. All I got was a white screen with the moveable suitcases on it. I would just skip it. Since the update, I can play the suitcases game , which is awesome, but now can't get the last piece of valve from the mailbox by the old car . I think we're going to need another update.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Apr 19, 11 9:02 AM
jpump wrote:clock problem, same as everyone else. Put the hands for 4:30 and nothing. So I guess we are dead in the water till we have a fix?

You have to put the hour hand at half way between 4 & 5 just as a real hour hand does at half past the hour.

I only worked this out when I looked at the walkthrough

Go to: