bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Art of Murder: Secret Files technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 13, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 12:19:22 AM PST

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Secret Files technical issues here only

[Post New]by jeffory on Apr 13, 11 12:33 AM
Is anyone else having problems with a third of the screen missing and off far to the left, cannot play the game, cannot even close out the game without turning off the computer, when tried to make the picture of the guy could not see half of the things you could use...

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Apr 13, 11 12:53 AM
Exactly same thing here jeffory. I suspect issue is with the preset resolution that is unchangeable or at least in the box that comes on screen informing you of the resolution there are no options available. It's a 3D game and they can be a bit on the fussy side. Too fussy for me lol

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 13, 11 12:58 AM
Mine was in a letter box format...wide and narrow, making it even harder to find those tiny, sometimes distorted looking objects.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Apr 13, 11 1:03 AM
When I clicked on PLAY, I discovered that the game was determined to reset my computer's resolution to something smaller than I normally use. I have vision problems and need the resolution as large as will fit on the screen just so that I can see it.

There weren't any options for keeping the resolution of the game the same as that on my monitor, either.

So I deleted the game without ever playing it. I know what resolution works, and the notion of inflicting eyestrain on myself because the game wouldn't let the players determine what worked for us...well, it didn't appeal to me.

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Patty60 on Apr 13, 11 1:08 AM
I downloaded the trial but at 39 minutes into it, the screen started skipping around and then the game closed, told me thanks for playing the demo, go to BFG for the complete game. When it closed, my Games Manager showed I had 21 minutes left on my trial, but when I tried to play the game again, it did the same thing. I had finished up the lab and was going to go to the Professor's apartment but couldn't go there. The game closed up on me.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Apr 13, 11 2:01 AM
Purchased/downloaded what I expected to be a Full Version of this game.
States it's a Trial Version and the Full Version is available for purchase at Big Fish Games.
Also, the Create A Profile Page won't function properly.
Can't play the game at all.
very disappointed, as I have played all previous games and loved them!

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 4:29:40 AM PST

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on Apr 13, 11 2:11 AM
katbear50 wrote:Purchased/downloaded what I expected to be a Full Version of this game.
States it's a Trial Version and the Full Version is available for purchase at Big Fish Games.

Same here.

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Apr 13, 11 2:17 AM
Sigh it keeps saying I have the demo version and that I have used up my time even though I have purchased the game looks like many more are having the same issue.

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Apr 13, 11 2:57 AM
Same here BFG what is going on, as i didnt want to buy the demo but the full version so what the hell is going on please help....

kayjay97
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by kayjay97 on Apr 13, 11 3:12 AM
Left side of my screen is also missing. Spent a lot of time in a hidden object scene puzzled because I couldn't find a rat. Was on the left side hidden LOL

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Apr 13, 11 3:27 AM
hmm... downloaded trial version but when I open it in the game manager it closes the game manager but game does not open. If I try again it activates 'Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles' game which I already have. When I try again it takes me to the thank you for playing window you have 60 mins of play, or the game is already running!!!!.... I have all the other Art for Murder games and never had a problem opening them before so no idea what is going on. This is one of those games that you have to update your Direct X so it can't be that. All very strange...... Oh and I tried download with both standard and alternate, so it's not that. It seems to be downloaded in the game manager alright but won't open. If I can't play I can't buy and that makes me sad because I like these games.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 13, 11 3:50 AM
I am sure bf will fix the problem, they don't want us fishes to turn into sharks lol, I loved the game, but i want buy the objects are way to small, I did love the story line..
well I am off to play a game i did not finish happy gaimg fishes..

Cazzle18
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Cazzle18 on Apr 13, 11 4:00 AM
I've sent a message to customer support...have purchased the game but it's still in demo version. It shows that i have purchased the game on my game manager. Perhaps bigfish thought no one would purchase this game after the demo? I'm bored so i thought i'd give it a go lol...plus it's given me incentive to book an appointment to the optician !x

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 13, 11 5:03 AM
Hi fishies,

Just popping in to say we're currently looking into some of the issues that users are experiencing.

If you have any issue with this game, be it the trial or full version, be sure to drop a quick line to Customer Support to flag your difficulties.

You can get in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you,

bfgImbrium

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 13, 11 6:19 AM
The only scene I had trouble with items off-screen was the sketch artist scene. I backed out of the game twice, and finally found the glasses category by hitting the left directional button.

[Post New]by sumrbrez on Apr 13, 11 7:38 AM
katbear50 wrote:Purchased/downloaded what I expected to be a Full Version of this game.
Can't play the game at all.
very disappointed, as I have played all previous games and loved them!

I have the exact same issue and it's really frustrating. I've sent a query to tech support, we'll see if they get back to me before I completely lose interest.

[Post New]by MissJuniMoon on Apr 13, 11 8:26 AM
I too, have the problem with the demo instead of full version. I am fortunate that I have a monitor (20" HP LCD) that allowed me to just press the auto set button and it adjusted the video to fit my screen. My screen res is normally 1600x900 It was over to the left the first time.Then tried all the other setting available in the opening box and no help there. I do have a 3D graphics card so no problem there. Hope they get the full version glitch fixed in the next few days. I really enjoy The Art of Murder games. Have them all.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 13, 11 11:14 AM
Hey everyone,

A new version of this game has been released that fixes the issues reported with the full version of this game.

In order to get this new build, please uninstall and reinstall the game. If you're continuing to have issues, please write in to Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to assist you. Thank you for your patience while this was being worked on!

-bfgArnoStyx

Patty60
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Patty60 on Apr 13, 11 12:24 PM
Patty60 wrote:I downloaded the trial but at 39 minutes into it, the screen started skipping around and then the game closed, told me thanks for playing the demo, go to BFG for the complete game. When it closed, my Games Manager showed I had 21 minutes left on my trial, but when I tried to play the game again, it did the same thing. I had finished up the lab and was going to go to the Professor's apartment but couldn't go there. The game closed up on me.

Go to: