bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Secret Files

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 13, 11 12:12 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Art of Murder: Secret Files? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Secret Files

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Apr 13, 11 12:22 AM
Howdy Fishies:
What do you think of today's game?

Lol-edited for forgetting a letter in a word!

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 12:22:58 AM PST

jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by jeffory on Apr 13, 11 12:34 AM
Is anyone else having the problem of the picture not being in full screen and having the left third of it cut off into never never land where you cannot see it to play the game??????

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 13, 11 12:38 AM
I won't be buying this one either. Sad to see they've turned this series into a HOG. What a waste!!!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 13, 11 12:39 AM
jeffory wrote:Is anyone else having the problem of the picture not being in full screen and having the left third of it cut off into never never land where you cannot see it to play the game??????

another fishie posted that in a new thread: resolution

i'm hoping this isn't a widespread issue... my installation is finishing up now, so i will post later if i run into the same problem

just a bit longer...

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 13, 11 12:41 AM
Misty40 wrote:I won't be buying this one either. Sad to see they've turned this series into a HOG. What a waste!!!

this one too??? but it said large file - ???

well, install complete.. i'm going in!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Apr 13, 11 12:41 AM
I had to download a special movie type viewer to be able to play this game & I am not sure how worth it that was even though the movie viewer was free. It takes place in Mexico and you are in the FBI solving a case where someone was shot at a gas station that reminded me of a mafia type situation. It started out as a movie type game, Im assuming thats why you need the movie viewer obviously lol so I had really high hopes as I played it since it started with great graphics. However, there is no sound. Obviously there is music and sound effects when you find hidden objects but for as much dialogue as this game has n the fact its you talking to a bunch of people trying to solve a mystery, the fact you have to read all the dialogue wasn't that pleasant for me. I also wasn't too keen on the fact the whole game is basically doing hidden object scenes which really aren't that interesting. There is nothing that grabbed me or stood out to make them special and the other part is talking to people. I played this for 20 minutes and was bored and gave up. I just need more voiceovers and somewhat more of a deeper plot to really grab me but then Im not really fond of the other "Art of Murder" games either. Happy gaming but I will not be joining in on this one

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 13, 11 12:45 AM
Well, I played for 5 minutes and delete the game. A lot of blablabla. Not for me, no buy.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Apr 13, 11 12:50 AM
Many of the objects are really small and very hard to find. What is an accumulator? The hidden object scene inside the gas station is very dark on the right hand side and there were 3 items in the gloom. Hints refresh in 60 secs and you can occasionally find a stop watch to refresh your hint meter immediately.

The story line just does not grab me and with the junk pile HOGs, I think I'll pass on this one.

Never did get to a mini-game and could not figure out how to lift the fingerprints off the knife. I decided it was not worth looking for a walk through.

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 12:52:05 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 13, 11 12:51 AM
I don't mind reading, and I do like hogs...this one is one of those with some reallly tiny items, and odd names...tire spoon. Would have kept playing even though it was letter boxed on my wide screen but once I hit a timed game, I quit. I am no fan of the Art of Murder series either, but was ready for a hog, and I really tried to like this one...I just really don't like timers at all.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 13, 11 12:54 AM
I'm a fan of the series, but I really wish it was like the other's and had talking. There really is alot of dialogue. I enjoy the who dun it games. It's an o.k, game. But it's not as good as some of the other's in this series. I did have wide screen and no problems. So, that was a plus. I wouldn't pay full price,but for a DD or punch card credit, I will be getting this one.

I'd rate this: PORK BELLY

PORK BELLY:
Likable game for some, but not for everyone. Not the best game, but not the worst either. Definitly a game for Who Dun It fans.

‘ ‘
(o)

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Apr 13, 11 12:57 AM
Some objects are tiny and difficult if not impossible to find without using a hint. Story drags and didn't hold my attention. I had no technical issues. I'm going to pass on this one.

Faylyn

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Apr 13, 11 12:58 AM
I didnt like it either. Items too small and too much talking.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 13, 11 12:58 AM
It's a no buy for me - items very difficult/graphics very grainy/no sound (tho you probably get it when you buy the game). Like the last game, I can't even make out which items I've found - even the list is poor quality!! Such a shame when the graphics on the LF games are crystal clear.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Apr 13, 11 1:02 AM
Its widescreen, it offered Direct x 9, but i rejected it. Had no problem. Too much talking No #1, I managed to do all the tasks so far as I played, but when it mentioned something timed or start over that section . I was through. Too old for timed anything. I can see it could be a likable game just not for me today. Have a good day all.

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by BP532 on Apr 13, 11 1:13 AM
I played the entire demo which I finished at 30 minutes. Did anyone else laugh when they cut the demo at that point? A bit presumptuous if you ask me! Do they really think this game is so compelling one would want to go further? Dialogue is heavy, graphics difficult, story trite, and production value low. Or, is this a really short game and an hour would complete most of the game? I guess I won't be finding out as this is a no buy for me I'm heading to finish The Ghost Ship.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 13, 11 1:22 AM
the demo takes me 40 mn playing and i spent alot of time trying to match objects ,another trying to find objects matching with very dark shapes in the bottom of screen,and i have not done anything helpful to find the poor professor
and,american fishes ,don't be hurt if i find the mexican police can do its job without FBI agent in their legs even to collect a bullet shell on the ground!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 13, 11 1:33 AM
well, i was able to play the whole demo with a filled screen without errors or glitches or any other difficulties...

what do i think? [there are some things here that may be considered spoilers]

well, it's not an "art of murder" art of murder, but the characters are in place and the inventory items work much the same and there are small areas that need actual investigating, but for the most part - it's a very silent IHOG and little more...

there are pocket watches hidden in the hidden object scenes which will give you two hints... and that's it... so if you're having trouble finding something, you better make sure you tried real hard before you ask for help... then there are the scenes where you have to fumble around hunting for stuff with an hourglass keeping tabs on you.. 20 test tubes scattered around a cluttered lab counter is not the easiest thing to accomplish, especially since you only get the 2 hints, but imagine my chagrin when all of the test tubes just suddenly reappeared... that's right - if you don't make it before you run out of time, you get to do it all over again! ugh! the last puzzle i encountered was a matching game where the symbols were super tiny little things in a combination of about four shapes and four colors on the test tubes i had worked so hard to gather... talk about frustration... but i got through it and then an officer came and told me the game was over and i could pay if i wanted to play some more....

what did i think? i'll be passing... too much of a true 'art of murder' fan to do otherwise... and at the risk of sounding petty, i'm really saddened by the turn of this series and hope that the next time we see something, it will be a return to the true nature of the series...

for all you lovers of HOGs, a large file HOG should be a venerable smorgasbord of fun enjoy!

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Apr 13, 11 1:58 AM
Ember
Many thnks for your review (and everyone else too)

I too was excited when I saw this assuming it was goint to be another adventure game like the originals. They were so good - can't bgelieve they have turned it into a HOG with timers.

I'd already downloaded when I saw the reviews but don't think I'll be rushing to try it

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 13, 11 2:23 AM
I am not having a problem with full screen. My game shows normally like it should. 1280x720 and it's great. I normally have my res set at 1152x864, but the game took over on this one. Have fun

Go to: