bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Art of Murder: Secret Files! April 13, 2011.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 13, 11 11:12 AM
We have a new version of Art of Murder: Secret Files available now. This new version of the game will fix issues reported with the full version.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Art of Murder: Secret Files! April 13, 2011.

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Apr 13, 11 11:26 AM
Hey bfgArnoStyx--thanks for the update, but checking the Cs & Rs (including mine), I think this might be falling on deaf ears. Now, if the fix included some improvement in the hidden-object scenes, allowed UNTIMED (or at least reasonably-timed) mini-games, and a little less printed dialogue, you may have some takers. But the C & R forum seems to think otherwise. The developers should maybe re-think their game plan with this once-classic series.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Art of Murder: Secret Files! April 13, 2011.

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Apr 13, 11 11:34 AM
You're right elldee, there are plenty of GOOG IHOGs around without spoilng this series with a BAD one.

Moesha88
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Moesha88 on Apr 13, 11 4:16 PM
I downloaded the trial version, but nothing happens when I hit "play" in either the game manager or the desktop shortcut.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Apr 14, 11 10:11 AM
Still CAN NOT get game to show play or start button. ;have tried different screen resolutions. game is not worth playing if it will ruin my NEW PC.

It also said that there were NO UPDATES either for the game.

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 10:22:07 AM PST

[Post New]by shortstuff9559 on Apr 16, 11 5:11 PM
[b]This game still sucks.I should have played through free trail before i bought it.I will do that from now on so i dont get stuck with a crappy game.

[Post New]by karenjugs on Apr 17, 11 3:41 AM
it says no updates available

SHENNYTE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by SHENNYTE on Apr 19, 11 6:37 PM
Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still cant get the safe to open. Dont like this game at all.

peachpie61
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by peachpie61 on Apr 26, 11 10:23 AM
Just want to double check. I purchased the game on April 17th. So is my game updated already? Also, you should tell whoever does the descriptions that this game does not have dialogue sound. It is a real disappointment. And I don't know how the other gamers feel who purchased this game, but I think you should include in the description that there is no dialogue sound. This feels like a rip off. Part of the fun is the dialogue. Without it it feels like a game that is in the dark ages. Come on! Why no sound? Was there a budget issue? Anyway, you should really have let us gamers know. I bought the game without checking on it first because I liked the others I purchased so well. But now, I don't trust that the game I purchase will be what I'm looking for. It doesn't make sense to me that all the other games would have sound and not this one. Someone really dropped the ball. Do better in the future please or you'll lose the trust of everyone who feels ripped off when details like this aren't made public.

Go to: