already stuck!!!

[Post New]by Lisounette1 on Dec 19, 08 4:47 AM
Gone through Mina's lounge, can't get out. Am I right in assuming that you have to draw something correctly on the map to be able to move on?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

already stuck!!!

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 19, 08 5:05 AM
Lisounette1 wrote:Gone through Mina's lounge, can't get out. Am I right in assuming that you have to draw something correctly on the map to be able to move on?

Hi Lisounett1- welcome to the forums!

That's correct- take the info from the 4 newspaper articles and draw lines from where the body was found to where witnesses saw someone runiing off to

Bubbleye
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Welcome to Dracula Origin forum

[Post New]by Bubbleye on Dec 19, 08 1:10 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Dracula Origin forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dracula Origin players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

gammer6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dracula Origin forum

[Post New]by gammer6 on Dec 20, 08 4:16 PM
I have downloaded and installed this game several times and I keep getting error messages Gee Whiz Can someone help me? I really want to play this game!!!!!

[Post New]by add4u2 on Dec 20, 08 7:59 PM
I have downloaded this game , installed it but am now missing the PhysXLoader.dll - any suggestions?

Edited on 12/21/2008 at 6:42:41 PM PST

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 92744 on Dec 20, 08 10:25 PM
Am at Mina's. Drew lines from found victims to direction perp fled. How do I save from there? If I leave map investigation is still incomplete and when I return marks are gone. Please help. What am I missing?

Edited on 12/20/2008 at 10:26:22 PM PST

help with download

[Post New]by gallopgirl202 on Dec 21, 08 11:25 AM
How come I cant get this game to download?? I have deleted temporary internet files changed my security settings and on and on it always tells me the download did not complete due to fatal error 126. This is making me crazy as I have tried to download at least 5-6x now...

Edited on 12/22/2008 at 10:33:49 AM PST

Can't open safe in Dracula Origin

[Post New]by Sorceress77 on Dec 21, 08 3:20 PM
Hey all,

I know this is going to be a probably stupid questions but for the life of me i have not been able to open the safe in the lounge. I have the correct "codes" to turn the dials to (SE, E, N, SE, N SE, N, E, N, S, SE, E) but after i turn the dials to their correct positions it doesnt do anything. Do i have to click anything on the picture or something? I have tried rearranging the order of the codes etc but nothing seems to work. Is it a glitch or something?
I have been stuck on this for a while now and i cant seem to progress without doing this first so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks and a wonderful merry xmas to you all!!!

[Post New]by Sorceress77 on Dec 21, 08 3:24 PM
92744 wrote:Am at Mina's. Drew lines from found victims to direction perp fled. How do I save from there? If I leave map investigation is still incomplete and when I return marks are gone. Please help. What am I missing?

After you have joined all the points on the map, you should notice that there is a part or intersection of the lines where they all meet, click on that (it should be Goldaming manor) and then you can progress from there.

As for saving i had trouble figuring it out but eventually worked out you have to hit the "ESC" key to bring up the menu where you can save etc

Hope this helps

[Post New]by Sorceress77 on Dec 21, 08 3:26 PM
92744 wrote:Am at Mina's. Drew lines from found victims to direction perp fled. How do I save from there? If I leave map investigation is still incomplete and when I return marks are gone. Please help. What am I missing?

Just in case you are missing a section of where to draw lines here are all the points you need to draw from/to :

You can pick up an article from the News Times on September 8th, 1898, which states that an assault took place on the New Kent Road, and that the aggressor fled towards the National Gallery.

So, connect those two points on the map. The New Kent Road is at the lower-right, and the National Gallery is above the river at the top-left.

The next article you can find is from The Courier, on September 8th, 1898, which states that Jenny's sister was murdered on Southwark Bridge. Afterward, the killer headed for the Tate Gallery.

Connect those two points next. Southwark Bridge is at the far right end of the river Thames, and the Tate can be found at the bottom of the map.

Next, check the Daily Big Mirror, from September 8th, 1898, which states that Sarah McAllister was assaulted on the intersection between Tottenham Court Road and Euston Road. The attacker then fled in the direction of St George's Cathedral.

Connect those two points next.

Finally, there is one more newspaper article we need to find. It's in amongst the pile of newspapers on the table.

You know the attack happened two days previously -- Jenny told you that. You also know that today's date is September 8th. So, check the newspapers from two days prior to that.

On the News Times' September 6th edition's front page, you will find an article about a certain Ethel Basingstoke, who was assaulted at St. George's Church. Her assailant went towards Victoria Station.

[Post New]by Ireneitb2 on Dec 21, 08 5:14 PM
how to I start the game.

[Post New]by CuttyDarke on Dec 21, 08 6:44 PM
Ireneitb2 wrote:****w to I start the game.

Try pressing space

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Dec 22, 08 9:13 AM
Okay....I'm asking anyone out there what ya think. This game seems so interesting but I'm normally a HO freak with a little adventure tossed in for interest. Would I enjoy? Let me know. Thanks in advance. (Run on Vista with a super graphics card and mega mega memory and more than a ton of space.)

jc97
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by jc97 on Dec 22, 08 9:53 AM
AlmostSilver wrote:Okay....I'm asking anyone out there what ya think. This game seems so interesting but I'm normally a HO freak with a little adventure tossed in for interest. Would I enjoy? Let me know. Thanks in advance. (Run on Vista with a super graphics card and mega mega memory and more than a ton of space.)

Well, it's not really a HO game - nothing like Ravenhearst II if that's what you're looking for. It's a full blown adventure game with things to collect and use later, puzzles to solve... I, too am a HO freak, but am really enjoying this too. Graphics are pretty incredible, good storyline, interesting and challenging puzzles.

If you enjoy adventure gaming, I think you'd really like this one. If you definitely aren't a fan - stay away.

Edited on 12/22/2008 at 9:54:23 AM PST

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Dec 22, 08 10:16 AM
jc97 - Thanks for the info. I've just been burned by a couple of "Adventure Games" and it shook my confidence but I'll take the plunge. I think I'm ready to try again. Thanks again.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 92744 on Dec 22, 08 12:17 PM
thank you Sorceress

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Dec 22, 08 1:58 PM
I thought this might help those that are not accustomed to playing a "right click" game. Just a few tidbits that sure made it easier for me and those like me.

ESC key accesses the main menu during gameplay. The space bar shows all the hotspots in the game screen. Double click on an exit changes the screen more quickly to the next scene.

(Note: If you have trouble with your mouse, you can access "Game Setup" and change the mouse sensitivity)

Last and most important: Saving your game periodically protects where you have progressed 'cause if you don't, you'll start back at the beginning. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT GOOFY TRICK.

kryzda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kryzda on Dec 22, 08 10:36 PM
I downloaded that game and started a new game, got the introducction and then it froze, what can I do. Its drving me crazy. HELP

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by TxConnie on Dec 22, 08 10:58 PM
Me too and no support this week. Glad I didn't give BFG gift certificates for xmas yet.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 22, 08 11:02 PM
There is email support...just no live chat

Go to: