Squid
67 Posts

System Requirements

[Post New]by gjnashif on Apr 14, 11 10:12 AM
CPU: 1.4 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 435 MB

These are the system requirements for the game, the RAM is more than a gig (actualy one gig, I stand corrected), so there MAY be slow downs with folks running less than that, like 512.... this however may not be the issue - there could be others, but this is an idea I just wanted to pass on to everyone.

--- gnashif

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 10:18:50 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:System Requirements

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 14, 11 10:13 AM
RAM is more than a gig
Nope. 1024 MB = a GB in binary - 1048576 bytes. (2 ^10 vs 10 ^ 3).

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 10:15:36 AM PST

gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by gjnashif on Apr 14, 11 10:17 AM
Thanks not sure what binary is - no that much into technical aspects, but I have been through a lot with my last computer with many slow downs and games, since purchasing my newer one with 4 gig of ram and 2.8 proc speed, never an issue since.

but it is still a gig, and if someone is running a 512 don't you agree that it would be sluggish.... am I wrong?

System Requirements

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Apr 14, 11 10:20 AM
gjnashif wrote:OS: Windows XP/Vista
CPU: 1.4 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 435 MB

These are the system requirements for the game, the RAM is more than a gig (actualy one gig, I stand corrected), so there MAY be slow downs with folks running less than that, like 512.... this however may not be the issue - there could be others, but this is an idea I just wanted to pass on to everyone.

--- gnashif

Well, my computer is practically brand new and it's not a system problem for me but it's sure dragging.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Apr 14, 11 11:37 AM
Got this email message after Live Chat -

(removed by moderator)

Hope this helps.

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 11:42:10 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 14, 11 11:45 AM
gjnashif wrote:Thanks not sure what binary is - no that much into technical aspects, but I have been through a lot with my last computer with many slow downs and games, since purchasing my newer one with 4 gig of ram and 2.8 proc speed, never an issue since.

but it is still a gig, and if someone is running a 512 don't you agree that it would be sluggish.... am I wrong?
1 GB is definitely a lot better than 512 MB but this looks like a processor issue as it's affecting even current high-powered systems with 4 GB of RAM.

ETA it looks like there's a fix in the works which will be released in a few days. (These things always take time because they have to be developed and tested before they are released).

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 11:51:53 AM PST

Tambil
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tambil on Apr 14, 11 10:31 PM
With the System requirements only listing WindowsXP/Vista, does this mean it won't run on Windows 7??

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Apr 14, 11 11:32 PM
I have the CE and while I loved it, there were spots like going into the Puppet Master's house or going into the Saloon, and the Piano puzzle, that were very slow, and my PC meets the System Requirements.

Anyway, it didn't stop me from playing. Let me add that the HOG scenes were just fine.. no sluggishness there at all.

Go to: