Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Possible Solution to Cut Scene Glitch

[Post New]by Catnipper on Apr 14, 11 2:11 PM
I see many people are having the same problem I had. I was talking to the gondolier and when he was supposed to give me the chronometer, the scene stopped and I could do nothing further.

As I was about to quit and add this game to my little pile of 'unable to finish' games, I noticed the Cut Scenes option and decided to try it. I clicked on the last cut scene available (which was my flight to Venice) and after it finished playing, I heard myself talking to the gondolier. So I clicked on "Resume" and the scene with the gondolier played all the way through this time and I received the chronometer.

I hope this helps those who've had problems with this scene and others, such as getting the toner, etc. I know how very frustrating it is being unable to finish because of a glitch (or an IMPOSSIBLE puzzle).

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Possible Solution to Cut Scene Glitch

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 14, 11 3:36 PM
Catnipper,
This sounds really great. Did you find the Cut Scenes on the Main Menu, Options? Where?

Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Catnipper on Apr 14, 11 8:35 PM
Mcurty, the Cut Scenes were listed on the Main Menu, along with Options, Save Game, Resume, Credits, etc. I clicked on Cut Scenes, instead of Exit Game as I'd originally intended. After the scene played, the glitchy scene with the gondolier restarted and played through.

I was so happy I didn't have to put the game in storage and then start over again months from now--especially since the slider puzzle came right before that scene and I wouldn't like to have to go through those hundred moves again.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 14, 11 8:47 PM
Thanks for info, Catnipper. This may help out many others with problem areas involving the cut scenes. Wonder if it works for leaving Venice?

Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Catnipper on Apr 19, 11 10:59 AM
Well, I finally finished my tax forms and got back to the game. I had no problem leaving Venice and no further problems with any cut scenes.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 19, 11 12:09 PM
Glad you got the game to work correctly for you, Catnipper. Would have never thought of your solution.

Go to: