Missing Item

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Missing Item

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Apr 14, 11 9:04 PM
Has anyone had a problem with an object that is listed to be found in the saloon scene and it isn't there? The hint circles its location, (I finally checked the walkthrough to see what the issue was) but it isn't visible in the game and it is the "needed to move on" item. So I cannot get out of the scene and I cannot progress - grrrrr

Sorry, and I know mistakes are made but really, this is unacceptable.

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 9:05:05 PM PST

Re:Missing Item

[Post New]by icedathena on Apr 14, 11 9:14 PM
I am having the exact same problem, except now I can't see the items I need in the second floor room in the saloon, the saloon, or the house before the bridge. So frustrating!!!

ireg
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ireg on Apr 14, 11 9:24 PM
There is also the chisel missing in the jail. To get out of scene just move cursor down.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Apr 14, 11 9:29 PM
Me too! I reinstalled the game (after reinstalling the patch) because items were missing in the wagon near the gate (a hammer), and in the rail carriage (sledgehammer). Now, after starting off okay, I am missing a lever downstairs in the saloon and upstairs I am missing the doll's head Without those items I can't really get very far in the game.

The patch did fix the terrible slowness, and the cursor seems to be okay now, but instead we have missing items in the HOG scenes - gggrrr - sigh.

[Post New]by fatscooterman on Apr 14, 11 9:44 PM
yep i need the mirror also. it just isnt there. i realy dont want to reinstall game and start over.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Missing Item

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Apr 14, 11 10:20 PM
silverfiesta wrote:Has anyone had a problem with an object that is listed to be found in the saloon scene and it isn't there? The hint circles its location, (I finally checked the walkthrough to see what the issue was) but it isn't visible in the game and it is the "needed to move on" item. So I cannot get out of the scene and I cannot progress - grrrrr

Sorry, and I know mistakes are made but really, this is unacceptable.

I did the uninstall and reinstall - NO CHANGE - rant - rant - rant

What is BFGs' problem?????

[Post New]by ChiliCheezFries on Apr 14, 11 10:31 PM
Same here, chisel is missing. Didn't anybody test this game before releasing it?

grime
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by grime on Apr 14, 11 10:35 PM
i dont have the lever either. i was looking forward to this game. gonna get my money back!

[Post New]by ChiliCheezFries on Apr 14, 11 10:46 PM
I am also missing the lever. I can ask for my $6.99 back, but that won't give me back the time I wasted playing this untested game. Shame on the developers, and what a let down to those of us who purchased and enjoyed the first two games in the series.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Apr 14, 11 11:35 PM
And on and on it goes - can't get the necessary item in the next **** scene upstairs in the saloon bedroom - in fact my items list is not even the same as the walkthrough list - this the worst problem I have ever had with a game - someone needs a vaca or something - I'm thinking all is not well at BFG if this mess slipped thru QC - I mean - how is it possible to soooo mess up the SE when the CE was supposedly sooo wonderful - they were only supposed to delete the extra content - the rest of the game is supposed to be the same - or maybe NOT!!!???

Just asking!!!???

Edited to cont.

Ditto the needed item from the jail **** scene - keeps getting better and better!!!

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 11:47:24 PM PST

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Apr 15, 11 1:49 AM
I'm missing a lever in one scene and the puppet head in another. I can't go forward in the game if these items ARE NOT THERE! Looks like another message to technical support is in order.

Grrr! Just when I was really starting to enjoy the game . . .

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Apr 15, 11 3:01 AM
My missing item is a chisel BUT in the scene where you raise the bridge up. Which I did ages ago, the hidden object scene is much later, and to the right by the wheel. I have used the hint 3x and it keeps circling a place where there IS NO CHISEL. Bummer as I thought my game was good to go after playing 1 1/2 hours, and now a missing item.

Edited to add I am missing the doll head and the lever, that's 3 H0 scenes with missing items.

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 9:18:54 AM PST

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Apr 15, 11 3:17 AM
PS. I advise you all to take a screen shot of the missing item and send it to CS. I just did that after visiting CS tech support and hopefully they will see MY CHISEL IS INVISIBLE. I did it with the hint on too, so it is circled in my attachment to them.

If you don't know how to do a screen shot CS has instructions on how to do it and send it.

Olliesgirl
Shark
Shark
12,073 Posts

[Post New]by Olliesgirl on Apr 15, 11 3:19 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:My missing item is a chisel BUT in the scene where you raise the bridge up. Which I did ages ago, the hidden object scene is much later, and to the right by the wheel. I have used the hint 3x and it keeps circling a place where there IS NO CHISEL. Bummer as I thought my game was good to go after playing 1 1/2 hours, and now a missing item.

I found this too spiritdog51, was really enjoying the game and now there is no chisel in the saloon and no lever in the theatre, cant progress without these. I just dont know why this updated version, after all the earlier problems, was obliviously not tested before release !!! I find this really frustrating, come on give us a solution so we might finish the game we have all paid for !!

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Apr 15, 11 3:21 AM
ME TOO!!!

I am missing the lever (hint circles it but nothing there!!) and missing the head (again hint circles but nothing there!!) .. After having problems even getting it to d/l, I am now dissappionted AGAIN to have items missing, items which are needed to move on in the game!
Why am not surprised that there were no issues with CE version but all these problems with the SE version!

[Post New]by top2tow1969 on Apr 15, 11 3:21 AM
My version working fine until second time in hidden object game with chisel. The chisel is there the first time but when you need it the second time it is not there. Not happy at all. Can't continue game. Anybody know when problem will be fixed.

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Apr 15, 11 3:27 AM
Yep I just checked the blog walk through and there sits the chisel on the BARREL in THEIR SCENE, but it is absent in mine, I realized this is called the JAIL scene now too.

Plus the hint button is circling NOT on the barrel but lower farther right, and there is nothing.

Real bummer after 1 1/2 hours of good play........and now dead in the water.

Editing this to ADD, I also have no dolls heads nor the lever........same 3 missing things others are missing.

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 9:15:15 AM PST

[Post New]by deedfish on Apr 15, 11 3:30 AM
Me also. first time I have bought a game without trying the demo first
I have never had any trouble from any other bigfish game.This is so frustrating,please fix it.

marthayuca
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by marthayuca on Apr 15, 11 5:17 AM
Also missing the lever in the saloon. Can't go on.

heartblob
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by heartblob on Apr 15, 11 5:51 AM
yes I too had to download the game puppet show lost town twice now I too have missing lever what a pain and frustrating game , anyone got a clue what to do ??

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 5:56:20 AM PST

Go to: