bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 15, 11 12:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 15, 11 2:28 AM
Hello bfgImbrium,

I would like to request that the games forums include a Mac technical issues thread. Many PC issues simply are not applicable to the Mac. It does not use Direct X, it's video drivers do not get updated by the user, it does not have a C drive, etc.

Thank you.

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 3:12:22 AM PST

EmmaLynne
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by EmmaLynne on Apr 15, 11 8:42 AM
I had one minor tech issues with the pipes game... I picked up one of the pipes and when I tried to place it, I couldn't... I couldn't put it down, I couldn't click on another pipe, I couldn't exit the puzzle. Eventually what I did was hit the windows button which took my to my desktop and I could exit the game that way. When I restarted, everything was fine and I was able to finish the puzzle. Perhaps it was just me...

jkberlin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by jkberlin on Apr 15, 11 8:44 AM
I am having a problem with the game filling out my screen. I tried changing the size in Options in the game but when I click on Wide Screen it says, "It is not possible to change screen modes in current desktop resolution."

I am on the same resolution that I play all my Big Fish games at and have never had this problem before. My screen is a 19 inch wide screen. The game doesn't fill out the whole screen, just the center portion. Tried clicking on the Restore by the minimize but that didn't work either

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Quailridge on Apr 15, 11 10:56 AM
I purchased this game and it simply will not run. When I use game manager it flips to "play again". Nothing opens, nothing happens. Anyone else with this issue. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Have shut down computer. This is Mac version. Nothing running in the background. No other programs open.

Sue

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 15, 11 11:52 AM
Hi everybody. Just wanted to come through and offer some help for the issues you're experiencing.

shorenuf, the Moderators can definitely discuss this possibility, but for the time being, you can always specify which system you're using by saying that you're on a Mac or PC.

jkberlin, if you've already followed all of the steps outlined in the Screen Resolution (you can click on this link) help article, you might want to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance.

Quailridge, it sounds like the game is having trouble loading and an update could help. Please take a look at this help article for some troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still having issues after visiting the help articles, please get in touch with Tech Support (click on this link to find out how) and our reps can definitely help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

suzeq25
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by suzeq25 on Apr 15, 11 12:34 PM
I am having the same problem as EmmaLynne. In the pipes game, when I picked up one of the pipe pieces, I could not put it down again. No matter what I tried, I could not let go of it. I also had to get back to my desktop to shut the game down. I have not gone back in yet as my trial period is over. If I purchase the game, I will see if it works when I go back to that screen. I am playing the PC version of this game with Windows 7. Hopefully this is an anomaly for just a few people.

CplDave
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by CplDave on Apr 15, 11 1:13 PM
In the bonus adventure, the moment I completed the gears puzzle the game froze for about 2 minutes. Up until then the game was running fine. I was able to enter that door on the right when it finally freed up, but the in the next scene at the dock it was very sluggish, and when I tried to return thru the same door it froze again.

I used Alt+Tab to get back to my desktop to see if I could shut the machine down. When I clicked on the Start button I got an error that said Windows Explorer has stopped working and a few other things on my desktop appeared corrupted so I did a manual power-down. After it rebooted, I went back into the game, everything was back to normal and I was able to complete the bonus without any further issues.

I am posting this just in case anyone else has the same problem. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Apr 15, 11 3:41 PM
Did all that and updates were all up to date. Have contacted Customer Support but am wondering if the game is worth the effort this is taking. Thanks for your reply.

Sue.

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by tiffer0118 on Apr 15, 11 5:34 PM
Quailridge wrote:Did all that and updates were all up to date. Have contacted Customer Support but am wondering if the game is worth the effort this is taking. Thanks for your reply.

Sue.

I am having the same issue. I hate when this happens.

[Post New]by auntharriet on Apr 15, 11 6:35 PM
well-i have never seen this problem. The game opens sideways.and stays that way through the intro. I assume it would play that way. I have the same system I have been playing on for the last year. 24 inch screen.
I deleted the demo...don't know if i should reload or just walk away.

[Post New]by dawnsamjay2071 on Apr 15, 11 7:45 PM
I'm having the same problem as Quailridge..game worked fine on the trial but the full version wont load even after updates and a re-install. I've contacted BF for a refund ,not a credit as i'm seriously considering cancelling my membership as i'm getting tired of all the problems with games over the last few months.

xpetch
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by xpetch on Apr 15, 11 7:54 PM
jkberlin wrote:I am having a problem with the game filling out my screen. I tried changing the size in Options in the game but when I click on Wide Screen it says, "It is not possible to change screen modes in current desktop resolution."

I am on the same resolution that I play all my Big Fish games at and have never had this problem before. My screen is a 19 inch wide screen. The game doesn't fill out the whole screen, just the center portion. Tried clicking on the Restore by the minimize but that didn't work either

I am having the same problem. I have went through all the resolution options, when I put it on 1024 X 768 it fills my screen but the bottom of the game is cut off. I went though and tried all of them, the higher resolutions make the screen too small. (and I only have a 15 inch screen)

jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Apr 15, 11 8:25 PM
My major problem is how long the game takes to load once "play now" is selected from the Games Manager. It happened on the trial version, and then when I purchased it. It literally took 5 minutes to get to the start/options/extras screen. Also, when I got to the game part w/the "fire" man, it just quit on me & went back to the desk top. That happens occasionally with games, but the ssllooww loading is a first.

EmmaLynne
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by EmmaLynne on Apr 15, 11 8:26 PM
I saw someone else post this in the general game forum, but thought I'd post here in tech issues as well.

When I solved the final puzzle of the main game, nothing happened. The Doctor was still there and when I clicked on him I would get the same messages as if I hadn't finished the puzzle. I had to go back to the main menu and then click on "Play" for it to go to the concluding animation. It's minor, but a nuisance.

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Apr 15, 11 11:11 PM
I would like to buy this game, but I had the same issue in the pipes game -- the second to the last piece couldn't be placed. I had to force quit to the desktop, then the time ran out. Does anybody know if this has been a common issue? I have read at least one other post with this problem. If it's a glitch in the Mac version, I will wait to purchase until the problem is fixed.

Cr1s
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Cr1s on Apr 16, 11 1:25 AM
The game doens't keep in memory my progress. Every time I close the game and re-open it, I have to start all over again because my profile disappeared. This is really frustrating.
What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by MeMeMew on Apr 16, 11 3:15 AM
I have played the game to the very end scene, but had to quit before solving the last puzzle, and now, when I open my saved game, the cursor does not work. Its just siting there completely frozen - as if the latest saved game has saved a frozen cursor sitting at the exat same position. I cannot even quit the game from within it. Its not my windows because everything else is working just fine. i could live without the last cut scene, but I would like to access the extras.

Just wanted to add that everything else in the game is working fine - the sound, the animation, evn in the end scene, is just my cursor that is locked in an immovable frozen position.

I dont want to replay the game, so what else can be done?

Edited on 04/16/2011 at 3:21:01 AM PST

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Apr 16, 11 5:09 AM
I'm also having the screen resolution problem. I sent a ticket to customer support so hopefully that will help

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Apr 16, 11 5:26 AM
Like Emmalynn, in the pipe game once I picked up one of the pieces I could not place it nor put it down, and couldn't even "skip". Had to escape. Looks like a fun game though.

Go to: