bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Spring Bonus

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 15, 11 12:36 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Spring Bonus? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,196 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spring Bonus

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 15, 11 3:47 AM
This is the cutest M3 game ever.
You can play relaxed or times mode. But can´t change the custom cursor.

Each time you are finished with a level, you can choose to use the background image as your wallpaper - neat.

I played for about 15 minutes and then stopped. This is a really lovely and very relaxing game, but not for me. I didn´t like the "nearly done" message that came up each time I only had 3 more eggs, etc to find. This game is guiding me a little too much, and I would say this definitely a game for little kids as well.

If you like cute, relaxed play, and lots of guidance, then you can´t go wrong with this one.

txtabby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by txtabby on Apr 15, 11 4:40 AM
This is so cute. I know for some this will be too childish but I can't help it. I know that the more I play the harder it will get and you get to look at cute bunnies. This gets me into the easter spirit and filling a rainbow to make the power-ups larger is a great way to incorporate all things spring. With the spring sale this is worth the little bit of money to relax and enjoy the game.

ozziekim1
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ozziekim1 on Apr 15, 11 4:51 AM
I love this game because it is very relaxing. I wonder if the levels get harder the further along in the game?

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
650 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Apr 15, 11 5:12 AM
Just played for the hour really cute game but the music made me feel as though i was in a race i feel quite exhausted now LOL . seriously tho it is a nice game but wont buy because i feel its more of a game to keep the children amused on a rainy day . My day off today so its housework a bit play a bit .

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on Apr 15, 11 5:14 AM
I like this game very much. It has that something magic hard to define. The art is very nice and I like those big chips. They are sooo cute. There are many power ups too.

If you played Unwell Mell, or Wizard of Oz, then you'll be happy to hear that Spring Bonus was made by the same person as those 2.

[Post New]by Shazza913 on Apr 15, 11 5:14 AM
Very cute. This game is a delight to play, it's got the feel good factor.
The levels get harder as you go along. Think I might buy this.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Apr 15, 11 5:50 AM
I just LOVE this game! It's so cute!!! I've been working my way through Vesuvia but it's seeming a lot more like work than like play!

I love the cute animals, I love the graphics...I even love the music...and that's usually the FIRST thing I do when I go into a game...turn off the music! The power ups are fun and making them bigger is fun...and the wall papers are just the right size to make fantastic puzzles out of when I finish this game!

SOOOO glad that there's a sale this weekend! I'm pretty sure I would have used a credit for it though!

Valdy wrote:T I didn´t like the "nearly done" message that came up each time I only had 3 more eggs, etc to find. This game is guiding me a little too much, and I would say this definitely a game for little kids as well.

If you like cute, relaxed play, and lots of guidance, then you can´t go wrong with this one.

Valdy, if you go to the options menu and uncheck "show tips", then you don't get all of the "handholding" and the "nearly done" message doesn't show up either!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,196 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 15, 11 6:28 AM
ajuma wrote:Valdy, if you go to the options menu and uncheck "show tips", then you don't get all of the "handholding" and the "nearly done" message doesn't show up either!

Thank you so much for the info, Ajuma. I didn´t realise that the "nearly done" message was part of the "show tips".

*runs back to where the game is being offered to redownload it*

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Apr 15, 11 7:13 AM
Glad I could help!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 15, 11 8:41 AM
Light fare - a pleasant cheerful game. Good gameplay features. My favorite thing is different goals each round. And different game pieces each round too. No story, but looks like more than 100 levels. Spring and secular Easter theme. Makes breaking ice and snow blocks seem relevant lol. I'm up to level 20 so far with 15 minutes of the demo left.

Edited on 04/16/2011 at 7:52:46 AM PST

MamaK9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MamaK9 on Apr 15, 11 8:47 AM
After putting in 70 hours this week (one person called in sick and another just quit) at work I really needed a game like this! And with the sale price - this was a definite "no brainer" !! I love hidden object games and have brought most of the Collector's Editions but needed something to relax and this fit the bill.

I think I'm on Level 28 and it does get a little more complicated but I love hitting the power ups and now there is something called the "Mystery Box" that is a blast of fun!

A special thank you to the developers for adding the "Relaxed" mode! Good thing you did cuz I would have run out of time on the last level I just played, LOL.

I know this game isn't for a lot of fishies out there but I really like it and thought I'd take the time to share my thoughts.

Happy gaming everyone and have a marvelous weekend --
Cher

GreyAlienGames
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by GreyAlienGames on Apr 15, 11 8:54 AM
So glad you all like the game! Thanks so much for your positive comments. I love the Spring and wanted to make a happy fun game about it.

The game does get harder the more you play and should be quite challenging towards the end - it's definitely not just a kids game. Of course you can toggle timed mode on/off whenever you want on the map screen. Also the tips like "nearly done" go away after level 10, they are just there to help newcomers learn the game.

Enjoy, and Happy Easter! (for those of you that celebrate it, and if you don't then I hope you have a lovely Spring!)

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 15, 11 9:38 AM
I like this game too. Its very relaxing at the beginning, but gets harder after a while. Its a BUY for me

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Apr 15, 11 9:48 AM
I demoed this just because it's put out by Grey Alien Games--the same folks who brought you Fairway Solitaire and I loves me some Fairway Solitaire (*#$& gopher and all).

A little too cute for me, but the hour I played was fun. Excellent gameplay, good music, and would be a wonderful way to entertain very young houseguests over the Easter weekend! I give it even if it's not my taste.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Apr 15, 11 9:54 AM
Yep, I saw GreyAlienGames as the last poster and had to come look at this. Downloaded and tried a few levels. Will be getting this before the weekend is over. I don't buy alot of M3 games, but this one is cute and I like the option of some cute wallpapers....don't usually use those, but checking yes didn't interfere with game play or anything else on the desktop.

Now, if we could just get another dynamite Fairway Solitaire. Love that game!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 15, 11 11:04 AM
I was also encouraged by seeing this was made by GreyAlienGames, because they don't seem to make half-baked games. I've played for some time now (2-3 hours) and still love it. Actually, I love it more. It gets harder, and the bonuses keep changing, which is lots of fun. Definitely not a "too easy" game, because those nasty ice blocks keep tokens from dropping. Also, if you run out of moves, you have to start the level over -- no free shuffle. If you hate "cute," you won't like the art, but hey, it's the Easter Bunny, what would you expect. I love the many animals. And just to thank GreyAlienGames for showing up here and letting us know they care what we say, I'm going to give it is a gift also.

[Post New]by Papoola on Apr 15, 11 11:19 AM
Hi fishies,
I don't usually post but do read the forums daily and find the reviews very helpful. Spring Bonus is a game I would have just skipped over and not even demoed because it looks like a kid's game and too simplistic but your positive comments encouraged me to try it and I'm so glad I did. I do love a good M3 game and this one fills the bill. It's bright, cheerful, responsive and FAST! I did turn the music off after a while because it got to be too much but all in all, this is a fun, uplifting game and a great way to welcome Spring and all it's beauty. Thanks developers!

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Apr 15, 11 11:26 AM
Definately the cutest game I've come across in a while! There are a ton of bonuses and even the "blocks" like ice and snow are all themed to spring and can be melted by the sun! And the birds and clovers and thunderstorms... all the bonuses are just so ... fitting! I also really appreciate that if you don't use the "rainbow charge" to make your bonuses more powerful it carries over to the next level. There really is no reason to "save it up" just use it for triple bonus effectiveness (approximately).

My only complaint is, as another fishie noticed, that you can't choose which wallpaper to use. It looks like you can only choose the level you are on... I'd like to see a selection (maybe from the main menu) to cycle through and choose one from the locations you've unlocked. Granted, the wallpapers do look VERY much like the locations on the map (i.e. if you see a barn on the map, that is probably where the barn wallpaper is!)...I haven't tried to go back and replay any level yet so maybe it isn't too much of a problem.

Oh and I LOVE that you can turn off the timer without having to start over. I always play timed but there has been occasion where, after the 10th time you fail a level where the timer just gets annoying! (not that that has ever happened to me! lol).

Slowpokie
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Slowpokie on Apr 15, 11 12:23 PM
Nice Easter game! I love the cute graphics. I like playing on the relax mode. This is a must have for me.

Go to: