Is it fixed or not?

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

Is it fixed or not?

[Post New]by erigby on Apr 15, 11 4:05 AM

has come out with an updated version of Puppet Show: The Lost Town SE to correct glitches , but people are still complaining in the forums it's still not working right.

I'd like to purchase this game using the new sale code, but I don't want to run into the same frustration they did.

Does anyone know if they've fixed the fix?

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

Re:Is it fixed or not?

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Apr 15, 11 4:48 AM
I'm in the same position - I've been waiting for the SE of this ever since I demo'ed the CE and to get it in the sale would be great.
It's working fine so far in the demo but I don't know whether I've yet reached the part where the problems occurred.

karenplop
Catfish
Catfish
1,609 Posts

[Post New]by karenplop on Apr 15, 11 4:53 AM
Mine is running slow and choppy. I have to get in touch with tech people

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Apr 15, 11 4:59 AM
It's not fixed Erigby.

They fixed the cursor issue but managed to lose some of the hidden objects at the same time.

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

[Post New]by erigby on Apr 15, 11 5:03 AM

Great. I haven't DL the demo, Bella, but a lot of people are saying that after playing it (the demo) and buying the game, problems were still popping up, such as not being able to locate key items in the HOG searches and slow movement.

Karen, sorry about your troubles.

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

[Post New]by erigby on Apr 15, 11 5:11 AM
Thanks wee. Well, shoot. I was hoping to play this today to take my mind off all the T-storms headed my way.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 15, 11 5:12 AM
weeharleyboy wrote:It's not fixed Erigby.

They fixed the cursor issue but managed to lose some of the hidden objects at the same time.

omg.....sorry bout your troubles , talk about making the game really hard!

[Post New]by ShadowGamePlayer on Apr 15, 11 5:16 AM
........I downloaded and played the trial before work yesterday and then when I got home bought it and it said there was an update so it put the update in and now the game won't even launch..... ........yes I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times.... ....it worked great until they "fixed it"......... darn

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 15, 11 5:17 AM
I downloaded it and played it without a problem before they did the fix. My suggestion to people was that they make sure that they have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player because there has been an update in the last 10 days and it could be the cause of the sluggishness of the game.

But it won't take care of any missing inventory items that the new patch seems to have caused...

And some people were still reporting sluggishness even after the patch.

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 5:18:38 AM PST

onelifesdream
Flounder
Flounder
2,271 Posts

[Post New]by onelifesdream on Apr 15, 11 5:18 AM
I've been waiting for this one too erigby. SE is finally here and now waiting more cause of all the issues.

I also haven't even dl the demo cause of this.

Sure would like to play it this weekend...........waiting.

[Post New]by ShadowGamePlayer on Apr 15, 11 5:21 AM
textrekkie.....I am totally up to date on everything......it was a real shock when I clicked on play now after buying it and nothing.........as I said it worked great before I bought it with the update....

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Apr 15, 11 5:30 AM
SGP - it takes forever to load up and leaves you with a blank screen. Well it did for me. I was just about to give in when it appeared in the tool bar.

Still can't play though because of the missing stuff. It's the items that you need for your inventory that are missing from the H0 scenes.

[Post New]by ShadowGamePlayer on Apr 15, 11 5:35 AM
wee.........after 30 min. of waiting for it to start I clicked on it again only to be told it was running.... didn't realize the updated version belonged to the "Invisible Man"........waiting to hear from Customer Service on this as they were closed when I got home from work and bought the game.....hopefully I'll hear something today.....

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Apr 15, 11 5:43 AM
Oh! Sorry SGP.

That's obviously not the same as mine then. Sounds like it's running in the background somewhere. Somewhere that no one can find.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 17, 11 2:16 PM
Hi Fishies!

I'm just swimming by to slide this thread over to the PuppetShow: Lost Town Forum and also to provide a link with more info on the most recent build for the game, which addresses and fixes reported issues with particular items not being collectable in Hidden Object scenes for some players:

UPDATE! New version available for PuppetShow ™: Lost Town! April 15, 2011.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 17, 11 10:03 PM
No, it's not fixed. I don't know about the missing hidden object problem because I have the it won't start problem. For a lot of people, including me, it works fine until you exit out of the game, but then you can never open it again. I uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled the April 14 version, then the same process for the April 15 version, then ran the update that appeared in game manager, but I still can't get the game to open. I've tried everything suggested in the Help Pages, but I still can't play the game.

wipeyourpaws
Herring
Herring
367 Posts

[Post New]by wipeyourpaws on Apr 18, 11 4:35 AM
I guess not
I tried to open the game , it's a no go ! have tried all the usual tricks till the air is blue around me
Have sent a ( green envelope) to CS & will wait for a reply .......
( I think it's because I had Felicias' brooch in my grasp )

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 18, 11 6:29 AM
Ooooh. The Felicia brooch problem (back out and get stuck) was fixed in the CE. I wonder if the fix was carried forwards. Version 3 coming up?

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Apr 18, 11 7:34 AM
Swam by the forum this morning to see if they had come out yet with an "update to the update" of the SE of PuppetShow: Lost Town. I have both of the previous episodes of this series and love them, so hoped to add this one to my collection. But I don't want to download the demo until all the glitches have been corrected. And... from the most recent posts that I saw about it, it appears thay haven't been!

Of course, while we waited for the update-to-the-update, the SPRING FEVER sale ended.

Moderator? Anybody? Is the "fix of the fix" due to be released today? Tomorrow? This week? I know I am not the only one who is wondering.

Classicaljazz

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

[Post New]by erigby on Apr 18, 11 8:36 AM
Hey cjazz,

After BfgDonau posted yesterday (see above) I went ahead and DL, then purchased the game to take advantage of the sale. So far everything works! Haven't run into glitches or missing inventory items.

Good luck!

Go to: