bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for PuppetShow ™: Lost Town! April 15, 2011.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 15, 11 3:29 PM
We have a new version of PuppetShow ™: Lost Town available now. This new version of the game fixes the issue of certain items not displaying in Hidden Object scenes.

*For information about the previous update, please take a look at this thread:

UPDATE! New version available for PuppetShow: Lost Town! April14, 2011

We apologize greatly for the trouble and thank you for your patience. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 04/18/2011 at 4:50:40 PM PST

Re:UPDATE! New version available for PuppetShow ™: Lost Town! April 15, 2011.

[Post New]by ShimShalabim on Apr 15, 11 4:06 PM
So far so good... one of the missing objects is where it's supposed to be.

Thanks guys!

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Apr 15, 11 4:14 PM
About to test out the new update.
Appreciate BFG working hard to get these fixes up and running as quickly as they can and offering a coupon for my troubles!!

ETA: So far the two items I was missing are now there after uninstalling and reinstalling the newer version. At this stage am having no other issues.

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 7:56:49 PM PST

mariner3b
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mariner3b on Apr 15, 11 4:45 PM
grrr. i installed the update and my game will still not open. still says game already running. the trial version prior to updates would open and trial version of CE would open so i have a hard time understanding it's something on my end.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Apr 15, 11 4:50 PM
mariner3b wrote:grrr. i installed the update and my game will still not open. still says game already running. the trial version prior to updates would open and trial version of CE would open so i have a hard time understanding it's something on my end.

It sometimes happens to me too. I think it is best for you to try to restart your computer to it help or not.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 15, 11 4:52 PM
Hey mariner3b,

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager to see if this helps:

Uninstall / Reinstall Game Manager

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 15, 11 4:55 PM
Reinstall is working so far. I never had the running problems that some were experiencing, just the missing items in the hog scenes. Tried the saloon one and item was there. Can't play any further right now. Hope the rest is good.

[Post New]by ecall71 on Apr 15, 11 5:31 PM
Installed the newest update and my game still will not open!!!!!!!

lisahd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lisahd on Apr 15, 11 5:41 PM
After the update my game won't start. I get a message that the game is already running. Even after I check task manager before launching. I was not having any problems before the update. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the game won't start. Very upset since I was enjoying this game

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Apr 15, 11 5:58 PM
reinstalled game reinstalled game manager...still will not open, still says game is running. giving up on this game.

[Post New]by Speedbump32 on Apr 15, 11 6:16 PM
dewieee wrote:reinstalled game reinstalled game manager...still will not open, still says game is running. giving up on this game.

Mine too. I've been having this problem all day - uninstalled and reinstalled the game AND the game manager...nothing is helping. Any suggestions? Anyone??

[Post New]by ShimShalabim on Apr 15, 11 6:29 PM
If it says the game is running, start task manager, select the processes tab, right click on PuppetShow Lost Town.exe and click "end process".

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Apr 15, 11 7:54 PM
I'm not going to try it again until everyone says they can run it now (or most everyone). I really don't understand how the CE can work fine, but this version cannot be fixed. Still waiting....

[Post New]by kilani4245 on Apr 15, 11 8:21 PM
I was able to play the game when i first purchased it. Noticed an update, so I installed it. Now I cannot open the game. Tried restarting my computer but still no luck. I then, uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Still cannot open the game. What should I do now.

mariner3b
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mariner3b on Apr 15, 11 8:34 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey mariner3b,

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager to see if this helps:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1634">Uninstall / Reinstall Game Manager</a>

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Thank you for the suggestion, but it didn't work. I've also tried to reboot pc and have made sure i have latest versions of java, etc. nothing works.

[Post New]by ChiliCheezFries on Apr 15, 11 8:47 PM
I finished the game with only one problem. The puzzle of the robot holding a pick and shovel, made up of triangles, did not respond when I solved it. I compared my solution to the walkthru and so did my daughter. I had it right but I had to skip it in order to move on. Other than that, it's a great game, just like the first two.

lancondy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lancondy on Apr 15, 11 8:53 PM
I, too, installed the update and still cannot open the game. I am very annoyed because I have used a bucket load of my gigs (in Australia using the internet can be rather expensive) to download this game and the update and I still can't play it! I am not about to use even more of my precious gigs to update all the software that has been suggested when I had already been playing the game on my system (before I closed it and never saw it again!!) without all of these updates.....Very frustrated :[

[Post New]by jodijode on Apr 15, 11 9:03 PM
This fix didn't work for me either. I click to play & the game never starts but shows in my task manager as running. After a few minutes I get the tab in the Game manager asking me if I want to "Play Again?". I am SOOOOOOOOO getting tired of this. This is probably the 5th or 6th time I've downloaded this game & its fixes/updates. Each time you have to start over which means probably close to an hour of download time. Why can't they just issue a patch to fix this bug??? I am so frustrated with this.... The demo worked just fine.

[Post New]by clyttle on Apr 15, 11 9:50 PM
I can play just fine until I get into the saloon, it is so slow the only way out is to hit Ctrl Alt Del.
Has anyone else had this problem. I downloaded all the updates.

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Apr 15, 11 10:51 PM
jodijode wrote:This fix didn't work for me either. I click to play & the game never starts but shows in my task manager as running. After a few minutes I get the tab in the Game manager asking me if I want to "Play Again?". I am SOOOOOOOOO getting tired of this. This is probably the 5th or 6th time I've downloaded this game & its fixes/updates. Each time you have to start over which means probably close to an hour of download time. Why can't they just issue a patch to fix this bug??? I am so frustrated with this.... The demo worked just fine.

Same here, and I'm more than frustrated right about now! I can't even play another game as it says I have to quit the game in progress. Sheesh.

Big Fish, if you're out there, get in here and offer us a solution that will work!

Go to: