Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

Well I am Hooked!

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 15, 11 3:48 PM
This game is totally out of my normal genre -LF/Adventure/H0GS -But I have to tell you -I am so addicted to this game! I have heard that there will be a second one coming out this year -2011. Bring it on, it couldn't get here soon enough. I so hope that there will be a lot more on the way after that.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Well I am Hooked!

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 17, 11 8:04 PM
I feel your enthusiasm. I may have to trial this again with the spring sale on, maybe I missed it if it was already a DD. I started out of my genre with the first Virtual Villagers, most replayed game for me is VV2 Lost Children, so maybe I couldn't warm up to Tribes or Wandering Willows with others into those.

It's the many individual personalities in VVs that I get to know and involved with rather than the village as a whole, love helping the Elders get their own totems for their hard work and all. But those games are slow starting, and slow to progress for other players. I'd have several villages going at the same time on Pause, go to and visit between other ihog adventures, more fun than watching TV. I get the impression this game is more of a group endeavor, rewards for the whole rather than each character. Maybe I was just making unfair comparisons apples/oranges. Lucky me I have a newer laptop to demo it again for 60 min.

Thanks anyway Luckystar18 for taking the time to call it back to my attention.

And if no sequel you wait for, you may try Virtual Villagers2 (the first one is ok for learning but not as rewarding, 3 and 4 and 5 get progressively more perplexing so I always "go back home". We all need these games to get out of a comfort zone don't we? my others are all Match 3s, untimed. But sales and DDs are a great time to explore what else is out there for us and more funtime.

Go to: