SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

3 circle puzzles

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Apr 15, 11 7:36 PM
I know its a random solution but I am still fustrated! I've got the green all lined up which means I understand the principle. But some how w the red I am missing getting the alignment right. ( seperating the final 2 reds w 3 blues.)

GGRRRRRRR!!!!

beamer37
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

Re:3 circle puzzles

[Post New]by beamer37 on Apr 20, 11 10:52 AM
can't seem to get past this puzzle. Doesn't take me anywhere.don't know what to do next

[Post New]by free2change on May 10, 11 5:48 AM
If you have managed to get most of the colors on one side, either red on left, or green on right, then start focusing on the bigger circle by focusing on the center of the smaller circle which will be either (1R, 3B, 1R), or (1G, 3B, 1G). Then start adding blue to get 7B on either side of your chosen color. Each time you make a change, repostition your 1, 3, 1 combination to its appropriate side circle to see your next move. Keep in mind that you could have several 1,3,1 combinations in the bigger circle that could be more beneficial to use.

Be prepared to do a lot of counting of the blue on either side of the 1,3,1, to get to the seven, and each time you make a change, put your 1,3,1 combination back in place to check your next move. Even with this technique, you will see there are blues and the opposite color in the side circles. If you can get one side circle positioned properly, you will be able to get the other side too, so no skipping.

[Post New]by marieizabel on Mar 6, 13 2:25 PM
Thanks, free2change, for the suggestion to concentrate on the blue pieces . . . by counting and trying to create an almost continous line of blue, I solved it fairly quickly . . . was getting too hung up in the red and the green!

Go to: