cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 16 April 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Apr 16, 11 3:08 AM
What do you think of this game fishes?

maricika
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Todays DD 16 April 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by maricika on Apr 16, 11 5:51 AM
I liked it and am surprised I even tried it after reading the bad reviews it got!
Do not miss the unnecessary instructions as it was easy to figure out what to do most of the time and the uncluttered scenes were a plus too IMHO.
Just got 2 keys in the trial hour but solved almost all puzzles which weren't hard but needed some work, just paying attention.
Bought games that took more back and forth- Empress of the Deep comes to mind-so for me it was refreshing. Also liked The Fool, not creepy or gloomy at all.
Give it a try and see how you like but I recommend it if you're tired of all the same kind of games and stories.
Hope it helps

maricika
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by maricika on Apr 16, 11 6:00 AM
p.s. just crossed my mind why the stark environment seemed so familiar!! it is much like beta games that haven't been populated by additional environment before release.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 16, 11 6:30 AM
Bought the game. I don't think it's that difficult to figure out and it's a bit different. It's not something I would have paid full price for, frankly, but it's certainly worth the price of a DD and I need a game since I'm not purchasing the latest Puppet Show unless the bugs are worked out completely. Doesn't look too long, but still, it's a couple of hours entertainment and that's fine with me.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 16, 11 7:48 AM
Not the best in figuring out what to do in adveture types, but
did finially get started with this one. Not a big fan of only
three items at a time on list 'cause I know as soon as I see
a crowbar, I'm sooner or later going to have to find it.
Liked the fact that the scenes are not dark, been having
problems with that lately. Also not buying Puppetshow
until all the issues are worked out.

Might not be the best game around, but in MHO I think
it's worth the DD price for a nice little diversion.

owlgirl61
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by owlgirl61 on Apr 16, 11 9:53 AM
I don't understand why some people are complaining about lack of instructions. I hate games which have sparkly bits all over the place showing me where to go and what to do. I play these games to challenge my brain, and that's exactly what this one does. I'm not a fast player at all and i managed to get 3 keys in my hour's trial. Worth the DD price definitely.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Apr 16, 11 12:26 PM
First of all the graphics are bad, it looks like a 10yr plus old game. I wouldn't pay the full price of $6.99 BUT it is worth the $2.99 and here's why.

-The scenes are interactive then suddenly they become H O scene and then switches back again. I love that.
-The H O scenes are the type that there is only 3 objects you have to look for at a time.
- And for the most part not junk pile!! (doing little dance).

The first scene it took me a couple of minutes to figure out, I just needed to move the curser to the far left of the scene to get to another scene ( )

There are little sparkles so it does give you hints that sooner or later you have to interact with that object.

Unless you are a beginner with IHOGs I don't see how anyone would find this game hard - there is a hint button (very slow recharge).

If you are looking for something a bit different, don't mind bad graphics but are more interested in interactive gameplay then check it out.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 16, 11 5:28 PM
I enjoyed the game for a DD price. I looked and found a sequel and there is one, LOL! I certainly wouldn't pay full price for it!.

[Post New]by Just_1_more_puzl on Apr 19, 11 11:58 PM
The game does challenge the brain but I agree that it was worth the $2.99. Not sure I would have paid full price after demo not even sure the $6.99 would have been a deal.

the 3 objects at a time makes it a bit more challenging because you cant skip around the list. you have to find whats there before you can move on. i like those better than the full list.

i do have a complaint about the disappearing cursor after only 2 misclicks-- i have spasms in my hands and click randomly sometimes. had to get in habit of taking hand off mouse all together.

BFG usually has something for everyone so if this one isnt what you are looking for, try another one. that is the one thing i love about this site. If you can try and you buy it , and still have issues with it, they are awesome about helping you get a fix --- if you tell them whats wrong. They dont read minds.... at least i hope not...

Edited on 04/20/2011 at 12:01:08 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 20, 11 2:58 PM
I think this game is very much like AZADA. You only have 3 or 4 scenes and you have to figure out what to do without much help. Like others have said, if you look around long enough you'll eventually figure out what to do. It is easy to stop and start because it is a bunch of small chapters so you don't have to remember what you were doing last time. I really like it!

Go to: