bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Youda Survivor 2

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 16, 11 8:27 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Youda Survivor 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread LINK.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Youda Survivor 2

[Post New]by kimberph on Apr 17, 11 4:58 PM
I'm enjoying this every bit as much as the first one. And either I'm off my game this weekend or this one is quite a bit harder. In the first one I was able to get gold on first try (usually) or second on virtually everything. I rarely if ever had to "level" further to manage it. On this one I'm not able to do that, especially on the side trails. But I'm definitely enjoying trying.

As was noted in reviews of the first game, if you like TM games in the style of Roads of Rome and Royal Envoy (as opposed to Diner Dash), then give this a try. It isn't much like those in game play (quite a bit twitchier if you know what I mean), but it has some of the same strategic requirements.

Added 4/23: ok, I'm most of the way through and am still really enjoying the game. Though I'm actually finding these later levels easier to consistantly get gold on than the earlier levels were. I've got most of the achievements (the elusive save the cook and save the diver ones are still outstanding, as is ironically the bronze on a level, but the rest seem to be moving right along).

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 8:31:19 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 18, 11 2:08 PM
I have betatested this game and liked it alot. If you liked the first Youda Survivor game, you should like this game too. Happy gaming!

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Apr 21, 11 7:35 AM
Fun game with one annoying problem. After you turn off the music and exit the game, the music is back on the next time you start the game up. You have to back into the options and shut it off every time you start.

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on Apr 22, 11 9:54 AM
OH BOY i have been away for a month or so and here is a sequeal to my fav game! only thing would make me happier is royal envoy 2 thank you thank you. nw to play it

maigheu
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by maigheu on May 2, 11 7:26 PM
As a Farm Frenzy fan and having tried the Youda Farmer (unhappily), I was really thrilled to enjoy Youda Survivor and Youda Survivor 2 as much as I did. Although I got gold and best times on early levels, it was a bit more difficult to achieve more than silver in later levels. But, after finishing the game and achieving all the bonuses, I went back and used a couple of them to get gold more readily. Especially helpful are the "speedy machines" and "upgraded lightning." When only $$ are the gold, I found that speeding up the machines helped me to get more expensive products in a much shorter time. Also, when specific products were the gold, it helped me to get the ones I needed more quickly. The most important thing is to be sure to have water on hand, so there is no fainting. Some of the levels require some careful thought as to what to get first in order to get best time. Great game and I have had none of the tech issues others mention. The only time there was a problem was when I used the "stop the clock" when a pirate was running off. He never got out of that position for the entire level, even after the stop time ran out. LOL.

maigheu
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by maigheu on May 2, 11 8:52 PM
Almost forgot, I never used the recipes unless I only had $$ as a goal.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 4, 11 6:33 AM
A wonderful sequel. Loved the cut scenes, lovely graphics. Gameplay is TM and fast paced.

This game is an A.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on May 7, 11 7:51 PM
Loving the game, but I also love Youda Survivor 1. The two games are very similar, but I think this one is harder. Don't worry if you can't get gold on some of the earlier levels. Wait unitl you get some better skills (powers), then go back and replay.

This game has a number of abilities that weren't in Survivor 1. The freeze time and speed up machines are both awesome. With more abilities comes different strategies. In Survivor 1, to get gold on certain levels, I only found one strategy that worked. In this game, you have options.

I also like that you can play as a male or female. (Finished female, soon to play male.) This will no doubt add to the replayability, but I've replayed Survivor 1 about a million times. This game also has more of a story.

And, like the first game, this one is loooong. As a TM games go, I think this is one of the best, but it does require fast reflexes and a lot of clicking.

Solid 'A' rating from me.

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on May 10, 11 11:38 PM
wow what a difference i bought it right after trial i like it more challengng more differneces more pirates now if i could keep my mouse from freezing up when i have alot of pirates on screen that would be great

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 13, 11 1:45 AM
When I first tired Youda Survivor 2, I wasn't impressed, but that was because I hadn't played the first game and didn't really understand upgrading, etc. Once I did, I became a fanatic. I have played YS2 twice (gold all the way), and am now trying YS1. It's not quite as much fun, but I certainly would have found YS2 easier!

Happy gaming, TM fans!

Edited to reflect the following: I finished Youda Survivor2 and really enjoyed it. I bought the first game and was actually disappointed because YS2 seemed so much more interesting.

Edited on 05/23/2011 at 12:00:12 AM PST

ppvjeep
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ppvjeep on Jul 1, 11 10:31 PM
This is the only Youda game I like. It's survivor meets pirates. Graphics are good. Music is better than most games. Good game, but I won't buy.

1524Cats
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 1524Cats on Jul 3, 11 1:03 PM
I never played the first game and when i tried the free trial youda 2, i was pleased to see that it was by the same people who made Pizza Frenzy. I love PF and this game is equally good, challenging and adorable. i bought it immediately. The music is great, the characters are great and the explanations are very good.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 14, 11 8:44 PM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.75 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Nov 14, 11 7:13 PM
I think I like most of the the Youda games. This is another that I liked and I will buy. Good job.

zuice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Youda Survivor 2

[Post New]by zuice on Jan 16, 12 6:44 PM
I like Youda Games.. it's really fun and i enjoy all the game, cant wait for the next Youda Games..

Go to: