bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Our Worst Fears: Stained Skin technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 17, 11 8:46 AM
If you are having problems getting Our Worst Fears: Stained Skin to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Our Worst Fears: Stained Skin technical issues here only

[Post New]by dungbat on Apr 17, 11 8:53 AM
I did the trial version with no issues and enjoyed so I purchased the game but when I try to activate it I keep getting the following error

"This program requires a security key"

I've never had this problem with bfg games.

Any suggestions?

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Apr 17, 11 9:30 AM
I played nearly the full hour demo time with no problems the with only a few mins to go, my computer crashed and I got a black screen. Had to switch computer off and on again. When I went back into the game, it crashed again. I was in chapter 1 down the grate at the time. Thought it was a great game till then. Was going to buy but will save my money till this is fixed.
Regards
hazel LOL

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Apr 17, 11 9:31 AM
Downloaded it and before I could even open it, it said "trial expired."

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Apr 17, 11 12:58 PM
Downloaded trial okay but the pencil in the study on the book page to make something visable DOES NOT work. This is kind of a weird one. The images of what you are to find in the HOG come up and you have to place them in the appropriate part of the picture and wear goggles. Anyway, the between the pencil and the weirdness, it is a no buy for me. The Puppet Show one was infinitely better. Pretty good story line though.

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Apr 17, 11 2:16 PM
THE pencil will not work and do like game but cant get the pencil to work.sorry it was me not game .

Edited on 04/17/2011 at 2:25:41 PM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Apr 17, 11 4:40 PM
I had an issue in the India portion of the game. In the area that had the pool of water there's a room with a H0 scene where you have to find silhouettes. I found them all, but the game would not move forward and give me the two items I needed for inventory. Being the smart fishie that I am I came to the forums, and lo and behold there were others that had the same issue. I was able to as another fishie mentioned exit out of the game and when I came back to the game I had to find everything again, the two needed items were put in inventory, & I was able to move on. Posting this here in case there are other fishies who are having this problem. Have fun y'all.

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Apr 17, 11 7:55 PM
satexasgirl wrote:I had an issue in the India portion of the game. In the area that had the pool of water there's a room with a H0 scene where you have to find silhouettes. I found them all, but the game would not move forward and give me the two items I needed for inventory. Being the smart fishie that I am I came to the forums, and lo and behold there were others that had the same issue. I was able to as another fishie mentioned exit out of the game and when I came back to the game I had to find eTverything again, the two needed items were put in inventory, & I was able to move on. Posting this here in case there are other fishies who are having this problem. Have fun y'all.

Thank you satexasgirl! I'm having the exact same problem. I'm going to do as you say. Wish me luck!

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Apr 17, 11 8:05 PM
aowyn wrote:
satexasgirl wrote:I had an issue in the India portion of the game. In the area that had the pool of water there's a room with a H0 scene where you have to find silhouettes. I found them all, but the game would not move forward and give me the two items I needed for inventory. Being the smart fishie that I am I came to the forums, and lo and behold there were others that had the same issue. I was able to as another fishie mentioned exit out of the game and when I came back to the game I had to find eTverything again, the two needed items were put in inventory, & I was able to move on. Posting this here in case there are other fishies who are having this problem. Have fun y'all.

Thank you satexasgirl! I'm having the exact same problem. I'm going to do as you say. Wish me luck!

Just did it and it worked great! Thank you, it is nice to continue now.

findlaybears
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by findlaybears on Apr 17, 11 9:13 PM
caseymom wrote:Downloaded trial okay but the pencil in the study on the book page to make something visable DOES NOT work. This is kind of a weird one. The images of what you are to find in the HOG come up and you have to place them in the appropriate part of the picture and wear goggles. Anyway, the between the pencil and the weirdness, it is a no buy for me. The Puppet Show one was infinitely better. Pretty good story line though.

For those having problems getting the pencil to work, make sure you complete the scroll by filling in the word with the missing letters before using the pencil. After you're finished with the scroll, the outlined silhouette will go into your Inventory. Place that outlined silhouette in the book, then use the pencil.

judimose
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by judimose on Apr 18, 11 5:32 AM
I'm having problems with the India chapter, too. Exiting the game and restarting isn't doing the trick. The hint button doesn't work and don't have a "skip" option. So, I'm stuck.

[Post New]by heba3080 on Apr 18, 11 1:32 PM
Hi
I seem to have a problem no one else has
I am playing fine until in Dr. Grey's office when I can't seem to progress in the game, I only have scissors in my inventory and the outline of a lock pick I don't seem to find...I looked every where and nothing works!!
When I restarted the game with a different profile, the diary entries are still there from where I stopped in the previous profile !!! PLUS If I go into a hidden object scene, there is no list of hidden objects!!!because I have found them in a previous profile!! It's insane..I used a totally different name and started over and still no hidden objects and the diary is filled with entries up to Dr. Grey's death
I am bummed as it seems a really nice game so far!
Will try re-installing it though and hope it works

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Apr 18, 11 1:41 PM
In India I finally made it past the **** part with the silhouettes after getting stuck. I had to exit the game, then when I came back I was finally able to move forward. Then the **** scene where there is supposed to be smoke billowing out of the "Cats" bowl, there was no smoke. I finally made it past that....Now I went and draIned the pool, I see the symbols and when I try to zoom into the door to use the symbols it says, "You need to guess the code. You need a women's hand here". I seem to be stuck and can't continue. I closed the game and came back, didn't help. Any ideas fishies? Thanks!

[Post New]by sara56 on Apr 19, 11 4:33 AM
It seems that thereare too many bugs in this game yet - when is an update coming?

I have two
1) when solving the card minigame in the India chapter nothing happens even if you have solved it correctly (also according to the walkthrough). Only if you skip the puzzle the solutions turns up.
2) I am now completely stuck in the NY chapter regarding the tape measure - no matter how I position it and drag it - have tried every possible combiantion - nothing happens

I think it is too early to releas a game with this many issues.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 19, 11 11:29 AM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and offer some assistance to you. If you are experiencing any display issues, please check to see if an update for your computer might help with this help article as a reference:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For those of you having troubles progressing in the game (i.e. past a Hidden Object scene, tape measure, etc.), please check to see if exiting the game and coming back will help. If not, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with as much information as you can provide (including screenshots and/or a Dr. Felix report) and our reps can definitely help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Apr 20, 11 7:51 AM
I exited from game just before the end of the minigame with the eyes on the painting, when I started again, the lock pick was gone but not in my inventory and I couldn;t finish the mini game. The eyes I had highlighted were no longer flashing.

duke216
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by duke216 on Apr 20, 11 8:20 AM
For only the second time ever, I downloaded this game (no problems), went to open it and can here the music but have a black screen. Everything is updated on my PC so I'm not sure what is wrong. Oh, I did uninstall/reinstall three times, shut down/re-started my PC and still nothing. When I hit Alt-Tab I can briefly see the opening screen but can not get away from the black screen....

nikoko
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by nikoko on Apr 20, 11 2:43 PM
I am at the bit where you ahve to put together the puzzle with the moving flames. I had exited the game at this point (in order to get the dogs out because they had their legs crosssed), On coming bacj, insteac of the tiles with flames, I have tiles showing snapshots of areas in the game. There is nothing I can do with them. I cant move forwards ... I have tried exiting and trying again but no change. Anyhelp please

Nikki

maggieevans
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by maggieevans on Apr 21, 11 6:35 AM
Nikki, I did the same thing with the same results as you. I submitted a help ticket to technical support with a screen shot. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game (which did not affect the profile) yet there was no change. I could not advance from this screen. Hopefully they will fix this bug because I was enjoying it up to this point. To everyone else, beware, and don't exit the game if you've entered the TV minigame until you complete it... in fact, I would hesitate to exit the game during any minigame as I suspect this bug is not isolated to this location.

amahaf2
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by amahaf2 on Apr 22, 11 8:06 AM
I've posted this in the forums previously, but here it is again. I have tried playing this game 3 times under different profiles. I'm still having the problem of the hint & skip not working about half way through the game each time. I really like the game & would love to continue playing it. Anything?

Go to: