Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

Chapter 2 - India and the card game

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Apr 17, 11 9:13 AM
Followed the written instructions in the walkthrough to get the cards in the right place. When that didn't work, tried how the cards were portrayed in the walkthrough.

According to the written instructions:

Drag 2 matching card pieces together to assemble the cards (color coded in the screenshot) then arrange them in the following order in the open slots: Top row left to right; queen of hearts, jack of hearts, two of spades, king of clubs, queen of spades. Bottom row left to right; king of hearts, jack of clubs, three of diamonds, five of spades, ace of spades.

Close the pop up window

Neither solution seemed to work for me, and got no pop up window. And it doesn't seem either instruction follows the game rules of:

"My young friend had only two flaws: He had no respect for the seniors and had too many women. And my father wanted his son to turn 35, already being an ace of his trade."

Will I have to skip this puzzle? Any help gratefully appreciated.

Re:Chapter 2 - India and the card game

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Apr 17, 11 12:43 PM
Match them with their suits. Look carefully at the ones that are "fixed." Then match them up according to the riddle .... if that doesn't work, feel free to pm.

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Apr 17, 11 3:03 PM
I think you may have your jacks mixed up. As I recall in the bottom row it started with King of Hearts then his son the Jack of Hearts. Hope this helps.

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on Apr 18, 11 12:43 PM
Sable,
switch the 2 jack cards, Jack of clubs on top row, jack of hearts on bottom row.
it should work for you now.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Apr 18, 11 1:51 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I did as instructed, and no joy. Being the even-tempered person I am, I muttered quite a few curses, banged on the table, and hit Skip. Next time, for sure.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 18, 11 5:36 PM
Sablesshadow wrote:Thanks for the advice everyone. I did as instructed, and no joy. Being the even-tempered person I am, I muttered quite a few curses, banged on the table, and hit Skip. Next time, for sure.

Same here. Very frustrating! Especially since I was sure I was following the clues. I'm just relieved someone else had the same problem.

cjuul62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by cjuul62 on May 25, 11 5:13 PM
I did the same thing, put the cards according to suits and put them in the right place, but still didn't work.

Go to: