nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Questions about ending of Puppet Show:Lost Town

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 17, 11 3:23 PM
I realize there is a forum for this game, but I think many people who have played it are not visiting that forum anymore and I would like their thoughts on this. Do not read any further if you have not played and don't want to view a possible SPOILER.

I don't understand the unresolved clues about the mystery in the town. I am referring to the note left in the cottage before the bridge about the sealing of the town and the people throwing themselves off the cliff rather than returning to the town. Then there was the note in the saloon about the good news for the baby, the diary in the puppet makers home, the note about closing the mine and the list of dead miners and the whole deal of creating robots to take people's places. Most of the clues in the game were pointing to this mystery and then it was just dropped without ever being answered.

That story line was more interesting to me than the one about the kidnapped child. It was what made me want to play through. Having played the other two Puppet Show games, I very quickly realized what was going to happen with the missing child. I was very disappointed there were no answers about the initial mystery. I don't think I have ever played a game like this. Anyone else confused?

esmeqt
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

Re:Questions about ending of Puppet Show:Lost Town

[Post New]by esmeqt on Apr 17, 11 4:40 PM
I wondered about those too. It seems very "unfinished" to me.

I try not to be cynical, but I can't help but get the feeling that this game was rushed. I would be willing to wait a bit longer for a game to feel completed. That's not to say that there can't be cliffhangers, but leaving so many things just not addressed seems a bit sloppy to me.

I really do hope they deal with some of the unresolved clues in the next one!

Goop_10
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Goop_10 on Apr 17, 11 5:11 PM
ERS put the ending like this to game because they've plan to make another Sequel, let's wait for it next year

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 17, 11 5:15 PM
I understand leaving an opening for a sequel. But this didn't seem like that. This was like the kidnapping and rescue of the child was just a side show to the other story line. It just seemed unfocused to me.

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Apr 17, 11 7:36 PM
I agree, I wondered about the notes and thought there may have been one more diary that would "tie of losse ends" so to speak but there wasn't. I

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Apr 17, 11 7:57 PM
Add me to the list too, please

From the diary entries etc, it seemed something was causing the death of the townsfolk and miners, but we never found out what. And Felicia really only had a very small role to play, when you think about it - quite different from the first two games

Now I think about it, the main storyline is very similar to The Maestro of Music (or whatever it is called). Maybe the Felicia plot was changed at the last minute, and they forgot about all those little loose ends?

Yoo hoo Developers! Any answers for us please? We would love to know.

BTW did anyone else end up with a crowbar still in the toolbar?

Jen

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 18, 11 5:36 AM
Yes, my crowbar was still there at the end.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 18, 11 7:57 AM
Hi fishies,

This is my understanding:

-The note in the shack about the people jumping off the bridge is related to the notes written by the mayor and found in the tunnel. During the mining of the crystals, people got sick and the illness spread to the town.

-As people were dying the puppetmaker began creating puppets to "keep the town alive" (kinda) and look for help over the bridge.

-I think the note about the baby might tie some of the characters together. Maybe one of the people is related to Felicia? I mean they do have a puppetmaker in the city too and the puppets look similar to the ones Felicia's father created. Maybe her dad managed to flee the town to start his own trade? I did notice the puppetmaker's hair was the same sort of colour (but it could just be old age).

Well, those are my thoughts anyway.

I'm also going to pop this thread over in to the PuppetShow: Lost Town game forum

This discussion can be continued here .

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Apr 18, 11 11:35 AM
I agree. I would have like more answers. Probably will have to wait till next game.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 18, 11 12:30 PM
Imby - You are just awesome at finding connections!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 18, 11 2:34 PM
bfgImbrium , Thanks for the response. Definitely something to think about.

[Post New]by LadyXXXHolic on Apr 18, 11 9:13 PM
I still think like we should have gotten clearer answers. It feels rushed and the story wasn't played out very well. In the other games were kept in the plot loop but this time we get a small, and some what insignificant, kidnapping story then nothing? Did the CE have a bonus chapter to tell us anything cause I played the standard and now I'm glad I didn't buy the CE.

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Apr 20, 11 7:38 AM
nwl43 wrote:Yes, my crowbar was still there at the end.

My crowbar was gone at the end of the game....but am replaying, so will see if I still have it then!

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Apr 20, 11 7:40 AM
Goop_10 wrote:ERS put the ending like this to game because they've plan to make another Sequel, let's wait for it next year

I just hope they thoroughly check the game out before releasing it, so there won't have to be 3 or 4 updates before it works properly. Definitely been enjoying the Puppet Show series though!

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on May 14, 11 10:41 PM
gaylele wrote:
nwl43 wrote:Yes, my crowbar was still there at the end.

My crowbar was gone at the end of the game....but am replaying, so will see if I still have it then!

I'm pretty sure I still had my crowbar. Kept wanting to use it.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on May 18, 11 2:25 PM
The game felt rushed to me and was a disappointment. Nothing like the first two. ERS games may be some of the prettiest games out there but the storylines and action keep them from being truly superior games imo.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jun 13, 11 10:52 PM
The history of the town was definitely very interesting. I vaguely remember reading a diary entry about how they managed to smuggle the children out of the town. Was this the "good news" about the baby? And what happened to these children? Where did they end up?

Go to: