bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Antique Road Trip 2: Homecoming technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 18, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip 2: Homecoming technical issues here only

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Apr 18, 11 3:17 PM
It's funny, I never have problems with games except this one. I must be the only one. When I started the game, it gave me a screen 8x10" size---that won't do on my wide screen monitor. Ok, so I clicked on full screen---then the screen starting blinking, went back to my browsers, then when I click on it again, goes back to flashing/blinking game. Wouldn't let me get out of the settings. I tried alt/ctrl/del to end it---didn't even show as running. Finally I had to right click on game icon on the task bar and close windo. That got rid of it. I tried loading it one more time---same thing. I wanted to try it, bought the first one, but not worth it to me to go through trying to figure it out through CS. Like I said, I never have problems with games. I am probably one of the few people that could play the new PuppetShow game through to the end using the original download of the game.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Apr 18, 11 3:45 PM
like you i have never had trouble installing a game this one is doing the same as yours / i try to go and make it full screen it blinks and gives me a error message i have to ctrl alt delete to end it

its not in my settings the sides of this screen is not black it shows my desk top it is not working need help

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Apr 18, 11 4:56 PM
I am having the same problem. Without full screen, not a buy for me.

[Post New]by JThunder0896 on Apr 18, 11 5:00 PM
Exact same problem here as well.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Apr 18, 11 5:57 PM
That's weird---no tech issues for most of the day, then I post my problem. And now I see a few others have the problem also. Sorry you guys, but at least I know I'm not alone.

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Apr 18, 11 7:46 PM
RaceCat3 wrote:It's funny, I never have problems with games except this one. I must be the only one. When I started the game, it gave me a screen 8x10" size---that won't do on my wide screen monitor. Ok, so I clicked on full screen---then the screen starting blinking, went back to my browsers, then when I click on it again, goes back to flashing/blinking game. Wouldn't let me get out of the settings. I tried alt/ctrl/del to end it---didn't even show as running. Finally I had to right click on game icon on the task bar and close windo. That got rid of it. I tried loading it one more time---same thing. I wanted to try it, bought the first one, but not worth it to me to go through trying to figure it out through CS. Like I said, I never have problems with games. I am probably one of the few people that could play the new PuppetShow game through to the end using the original download of the game.

Same thing here RaceCat3---unistalled and will not try again......really screwed up my desktop............things back to normal, but didn't care for the first one, so no big deal not being able to play this one. Didn't like the idea of having to wait on people, who if you take too long walk off in a huff........that's more TM to me, and I do not like that genre of game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 19, 11 8:56 AM
Ummm... who made this game? Because, just like with ALL Boomzap games, I can`t play this one. Same problem about not finding DX8.

This issue has never been sorted out and the problem has never been fixed, and I just wondered there for a moment if this is another Boomzap game, because I never have had problems with games from other developers. And I was told that they did still use DX8 to make their games, but I am using DX11.

josie41132
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by josie41132 on Apr 20, 11 9:15 AM
I have the same problem. Game flashes from my desktop to a black screen. I couldn't get the game to stop running, so I just eventually shut the power off to my pc. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but that never helped. Contacted CS, but they couldn't resolve the problem. Ended up with a free coupon code to replace the one I used to buy this game. I played the first game and when I seen the sequel I just went ahead and purchased it w/o doing the demo. Big Mistake, I will never purchase a game without doing the free trial again. My desktop was messed up, but finally got it back to normal. The problem was trying to play the game in full mode screen, which is the only way I play games.

[Post New]by sedatedwoman on Apr 20, 11 8:11 PM
I downloaded the trail version and I got a white screen....too bad...was really looking forward to this one after reading all the reviews

rh1ann
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rh1ann on Apr 29, 11 1:07 AM
Interesting .. I have almost the exact opposite problem. My game starts in full screen - but the screen is offset. Everything is shifted to the right so the right hand part of the screen can't be seen. I cannot scroll to the side to see what is off screen. When I go into settings to choose 'Window' it says my screen settings are too low. I change my settings [which screw up everything else] and it STILL is offset and doesn't allow me to play in window mode. I have this problem only on my laptop - my desktop PC runs the game fine.

[Post New]by gravyguy1 on May 1, 11 11:36 AM
RaceCat3 wrote:It's funny, I never have problems with games except this one. I must be the only one. When I started the game, it gave me a screen 8x10" size---that won't do on my wide screen monitor. Ok, so I clicked on full screen---then the screen starting blinking, went back to my browsers, then when I click on it again, goes back to flashing/blinking game. Wouldn't let me get out of the settings. I tried alt/ctrl/del to end it---didn't even show as running. Finally I had to right click on game icon on the task bar and close windo. That got rid of it. I tried loading it one more time---same thing. I wanted to try it, bought the first one, but not worth it to me to go through trying to figure it out through CS. Like I said, I never have problems with games. I am probably one of the few people that could play the new PuppetShow game through to the end using the original download of the game.

I'm having this same problem!!!

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on May 3, 11 3:21 PM
Anyone heard if there is going to be a fix for this game. If not Im going to ask for a refund.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jul 1, 11 2:22 PM
Just popped back in to see if the issues that some of us had, had been addressed. I see they have not. I thought if there was an update, I would give the game a try again. I'm sure it would be a good one to buy on this weekend's sale. I had one more game pretty soon after this one that wouldn't work. Actually it wouldn't even start. Other than that I have demoed many games, and bought several, no problems at all.

[Post New]by goebel75 on Aug 15, 11 10:35 AM
I can't get past the first minigame...the door to the plane will not open when I put the stairs near it...it lights up, but will not open. Having same problem with the scissors and the box. Can anyone help me?

Kay

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Oct 11, 11 10:36 AM
I purchase the game, Now i am having trouble's with the game freezing my computer,I hope BF get's a fix soon, I really like the game..

Weird "Level Complete" error

[Post New]by heatherfeatherii on Nov 13, 11 3:41 AM
Weird error:
I can't remember which state I was in, but it was the scene in which you are outside on a brick patio area, looking for wine bottles. I still had plenty of time, numerous customers waiting and all of a sudden, the "Level Complete" sign pops up with the fireworks AND it starts to calculate my score! Somehow I just tapped my touchpad and it went away and I continued on to another customer, but when I tried to complete the wine bottle task, it did it again....I was finally able to finish the level...when the wine bottles were the LAST thing to do.

That error in the game only happened in that one scene (so far), but I didn't complete all the cities/states, because my time ran out on the demo. I REALLY thought it was a cute game and would like to buy it.

I know I can just as easily try the other one out, and maybe this tech page isn't the place for this ?, but is the first Road Trip game just as fun, or should I take a chance with #2?

[Post New]by jms424 on Feb 29, 12 3:07 PM
Hopelessly slow on my iPad. Any way to fix this? Loved the first game. Would like the second game. Ihave a 64 bit iPad.

[Post New]by Flute86 on Mar 13, 12 11:12 PM
I can't get out of the Lame Deer area. It says I still need to find the boots, dreamcatcher, and 1 peace pipe; however, I have already collected all of these and cleared them. The customers have come back, but the items are gone. I can't get them to go away and end the location. I've tried restarting the program, but no luck. Seems to be a technical glitch. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks. I'm playing on an iPad.

arose23
Clownfish
Clownfish
771 Posts

[Post New]by arose23 on Apr 21, 12 9:53 AM
Hey Flute, did your problem get resolved? I am in Monroe, and I am stuck with restoring the painting. I already restored it using the paintbrushes...but it's still showing I need to do this task.

Go to: