bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Fairies technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 18, 11 12:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Fairies technical issues here only

[Post New]by bullsfan on Apr 26, 11 3:35 PM
I was on level 13 of the Lake and I got this error message as the game shut down. Can you help?

Fairies 1.0b terminated due to an internal error.
Please contact support with this information.
Exception: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
Parameters: 0x00000001 0x000000a5
Language: english
Renderer: DirectX
Stack trace:
00: Fairies.exe at 0x00420100
01: Fairies.exe at 0x0041f448
02: at 0x018205e0
03: Fairies.exe at 0x00425bf0

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 26, 11 4:15 PM
Hi bullsfan!

Access violations can occur for various reasons, but oftentimes they can be resolved by trying out some of the steps in this help article:

Access Violation

If you continue to have any trouble or if you have any questions on the steps, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support. Just let them know what you're experiencing and which steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached anytime by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages, from which your question can be submitted.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by 19liza on Apr 1, 13 9:36 AM
I have had Fairies for many years. Suddenly I can't open it (I have a Macbook Pro). A message says that I can't open it because PC applications are no longer supported. What does that mean? Why this sudden change?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 1, 13 1:24 PM
Hi 19liza,

I think this may have something to do with the updates that Mac sends out periodically, which can affect how the game is running on your system. Our Mac Support Team can definitely take a look at what's going on and work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Wickedpen on Apr 5, 13 11:55 PM
Win 7 pro 64 bit. I haven't launched it in a while, but it used to work. Now opening causes all windows to overlap and Fairies to minimize. Finally able to get to menu.. transparency issues collapses window again. Right-click close from bar.

Tried running as admin - no change.

T.I.A.

[Post New]by mattersfact on Jul 12, 14 6:40 AM
New Windows 8 system. Never did install on Windows 7, but it worked on Windows XP through all the service pack updates. I had another game company's installed version (probably a site that was once in partnership?) that I purchased years ago. Tried this BigFish install version today and get the same results.

Get sound. Black screen that stays open for a second then minimizes to the taskbar while the sound continues to play.

BigFish trial game timer continues the countdown, however, though game is unusable.

Disabling Aero by choosing a high contrast setting for my display did not have any affect.

I love this game, but won't make a second purchase of this game (this time through BigFish) if it can't be resolved.

Edited to add that I made some tweaks of my own in the compatibility settings - smaller screen resolution, 16 bit colors, etc. I can't even remember now. I just kept changing stuff until it would finally load.

New problem - it loads and is giving the "can't locate note1.ogg" error that has been posted elsewhere numerous times on this forum in other threads with no response.

Why is it asking for this file? The file is located in the data/sfx folder, and it does work. Any ideas?

Edited on 07/12/2014 at 7:31:55 AM PST

[Post New]by Adreja on Dec 28, 14 9:48 AM
Hi there, I've got a new Mac with Yosemite running. I try to start this Game, but it just returns to the Startpage and no game can be seen. I just made a new account just to play this Game and bought it. Now I'm really disapointed. Are you able to help me?

Go to: