Don't buy this one - it's awful - and here's why

[Post New]by jfrenchnd on Apr 19, 11 2:14 PM
City ought to be embarrassed by this game. After several successful titles in the series, it appears they decided to throw us a half-assed curve ball with this one. What were they thinking? Did they let the interns whip this one up, to our almost certain displeasure?

Here's why it's bad. First - this isn't a true point-and-click adventure title, unlike the previous games. Hopefully you weren't expecting that - oh, wait, you were. So was I. Unfortunately, it's also a really poor hidden object game, too, with pretty much every item left out in the open, easy to spot. The few puzzles in the game are also pitifully easy. Plus, they have the "magic sparkles" over everything - and you can't hide them - so you know exactly what to do next, all the time. How lame!

Second, the game is EXTREMELY short. I finished this game in about 90 minutes. Really! You rescue the professor and it's over. That's it. Finito. Really? Where's the bloody plot? This was a one-act play, practically. WTF?

Third, Nicole has no vocals. None of the "characters" (you learn nothing about any of them, so can they really be called characters?) has any vocals at all. The music is recycled from previous AOM titles, it appears. Only the graphics redeem this "game" in any way.

All in all, this is one of the worst Big Fish downloads I've ever played. Save your money. I expect a lot more out of Art of Murder. This title is an embarrassment.

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Don't buy this one - it's awful - and here's why

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Apr 22, 11 6:53 AM
telling people not to buy this one....oh boy....

you can give your opinion that you don't like this game, that would be better

we all have different interests and taste, but to be told not to buy anything...
I can make that out for myself and maybe I agree with you, but only because I think so and not because someone told me to do so...

[Post New]by chellem90 on Apr 23, 11 7:57 AM
I completely agree with jfrenchnd on this one. I loved the previous Art of Murder games and I expected this one to be just as good! Unfortunately, this game turned out to be the WORST game I have ever played on BigFish.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 23, 11 8:00 AM
Agree with you jfrenchnd, I never like games by this dev or games I. This series but this one seems to be the WORST!!!

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 8:00:56 AM PST

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Apr 23, 11 2:35 PM
Utterly disappointed and disgusted. Purchased without previewing based on previous games in the series (point and click, adventure games)..

Unbelievably short, Not an adventure at all, but a HOG, and a really poor HOG at that.

Shame on you, BFG. LOUSY.

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 2:37:03 PM PST

Gillian8512
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Gillian8512 on Apr 24, 11 10:50 AM
The graphics were interestingly clear, but the lack of dialogue, character, etc. plus the for me extremely small print caused me to decide against a purchase after about five minutes of the demo, not at all what I expected from the Art of Murder.

[Post New]by Ddraise on Oct 5, 11 4:30 PM
I had a problem with this game beginning with the download. After that was corrected I got to the part where I needed to put the gears together and I made the mistake of saving my game with the gears on incorrectly and now I can't remove them. I was also disappointed that there were no vocals. I bought Art of Murder, Hunt for the Puppeteer and loved that game. I bought this thinking it was of the same quality and it isn't.

The game is not worth the money.

pacman13
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by pacman13 on Oct 22, 11 8:27 PM
This was like paying for a movie and only getting the trailer. Really disappointing!! I was at the well when my free play ran out and paid for the full version. About 10 minutes extra play. Really disappointing!! No vocals, awkward puzzles - no resets. Really disappointing!! Seems like a beta to test one part of the full version. Not worth the price, not event if you have a free code. Did I mention Really disappointing!!

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Mar 8, 12 1:05 PM
Wow! I wish you could let me know where to find the last test tube if you finished this game in 90 minutes! You're a GENIUS! Wish I had read the Forum prior to purchase. Will do so in the future. Thanks for all your feedback! Maybe best to contact BFG Customer Service as they are very helpful and may give you a credit.

Go to: