bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Ocean Express

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 20, 11 12:25 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Ocean Express? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

catj42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Ocean Express

[Post New]by catj42 on May 11, 11 3:00 PM
I am very upset that I cannot (no matter how hard I try, how fast I go or how many of the extra money pieces I buy) ever progress past Level 13 and about $159,000. I look at the "other scores" posted when the game is over and they are incredibly high in both levels and dollar amounts. Frankly, I believe these postings are fraudulent and that no one has ever been able to get to these high levels. I have liked playing the game but at this point am extremely frustrated at not being able to progress.

Also, it says they are downloading new puzzles but they keep giving the same ones over and over not only from game to game but the same ones within the same game. To my way of thinking, this game has been misrepresented and, therefore, the money or game credit used for this should be refunded.

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on May 18, 11 12:58 AM
A definite nono to me. Time is up, time is up, time is up. Why didn't the creators make a relaxed mode? It is a nice game, but I want time to think, I dont want to rush and try to win against my own computer, I want to think and have a nice designed barge. Besides, it keeps repeating the same graphics. Definitely, no. But the idea is great!

[Post New]by bigbill49 on May 24, 11 1:56 PM
Ocean express is a really good game in my opinion. I have been playing it since it first came out. There is plenty of time at the lower levels, and you should just keep practicing. I generally get up to level 46-48 now when I play, but that wasn't always the case. Another trick to help your score is to change your name after each game. I know this may sound wrong, but the game seems to get harder the longer you play under the same name. Another thing, I think it is better to buy more barges before buying new port access, but that may just be my opinion, and may not work for you. Always get all tokens as they pop up when you are trying to buy barges and port access, then once you have spent all you want to, forget they exist, because they have no further value.

As far as the new puzzles, make sure your options are set to "always download new puzzles."

There are a few things I would like to see different, but I am sure it is too late for changes in the game. I wish I could buy more barges.

Another thing, make sure you are playing in casual mode, not expert. The expert mode totally sucks in my opinion.

Have fun, relax and enjoy the game, after all it is just a game.

ibnurdreamz
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ibnurdreamz on Jun 12, 11 2:08 PM
I loved playing this game on my daughter in laws computer, but the opinions expressed here make my think twice about downloading it or buying it. Is it different from this sight? I wouldn't think so, but seems no one here is happy with it. So it's a no go for me...

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 7, 11 9:01 AM
Inlay theme puzzle game. The main objective of the game is to try not to leave any gaps within the puzzle. If the player picks up the wrong piece, they can discard them into the waters. But the consequence is that they would lose some money for it. The game graphics are good. I didn’t find the game’s music/sounds intrusive at all. I found this game somewhat enjoyable, but I won’t be purchasing this game. For those who had purchased this game – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by bermartha on Nov 29, 11 10:57 AM
I am getting invisible blocked areas in the barge. A piece that should fit does for some reason. I have tried two pieces of different shapes and either should fit, but they won't work. What is the problem?

dle10
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Ocean Express on the Mac

[Post New]by dle10 on Sep 3, 12 9:10 PM
This game has not worked properly since I installed Mountain Lion Operating system on my Mac. Please advise.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Feb 18, 13 12:35 PM
I have been playing this game over and over again ever since it first came out. It's become a staple for me, like spider solitaire or mahjong. I just leave it on my desk top and go back to it to see if I can EVER break the 2 million mark. Hasn't happened yet. Just can't pack fast enough! But it sure is fun trying. It's so different you should at least do the trial and see if it's one you'll enjoy, too.

Go to: