bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 21, 11 12:05 AM
After learning about your royal heritage, you’re off on a fantastic adventure to undo the amber curse and save the King and Queen! Return to your kingdom and free the people, animals, and objects from the Dark Queen’s treacherous grip. Fulfill your destiny and stop evil from taking over the entire world in Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden, an amazing Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Re:Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by puppycake on Apr 21, 11 12:16 AM
How many months do we have to wait for a CE HOG that is not evil? Is one a month too much to ask for? It's been weeks, if not months since one has been released. I'm getting tired of this.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 21, 11 12:17 AM
woohoo been waiting for this one, the beta was great, the game is over 700 mb, i know i said i wouldnt buy till i made sure the game works, but i am crossing my fingers.

now i love dark and eerie games but for those that dont, and have written ERS off as only doing d and e will be pleased, this is a medival themed game, , i will pop back in later, as i got my dl started , its 3 am, and bedtime....have fun

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 21, 11 12:19 AM
puppycake, the evil is more along the lines of fairytale , rapunzel, sleeping beauty type, then what ers games usually have,

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Apr 21, 11 12:30 AM
Last week, it was "CE Friday"--now, we're back to "CE Thursday"! Good forecast, Mudrock!

I don't see this game as being dark and evil (e.g., Green Hills Sanitarium or Redrum2), but rather a fantasy set in the Middle Ages. Sure, there's a "wicked witch" involved, but there was in The Wizard of OZ, too!

Keeping MY fingers crossed , too, Bella--sometimes, ERS games are a little sluggish. Yep, a bit after 3:00 AM here, too--some 's, then do the demo and try to come back with more comments!

(Hey Puppycake--did you just become a ? Good for you!)

Edited on 04/21/2011 at 12:31:37 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Apr 21, 11 12:31 AM
The music sounded nice, quiet semi classical, and I love fairy tales. Yeh, always the wicked witch for some conflict and a damsel in distress for family entertainment. No prince in shining armore? Hope this is in that vein as I'm more tired of vampires, assylums, cemetaries, dark dark depressing..

Pretty long file though, must be heavy on music and graphics. Looks worth a try to me for an hour or less on sample CE. Maybe something humorous in it, I hope.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 21, 11 12:31 AM
But it is Thursday morning...what are we doing with a CE? BF is trying to keep us off balance, that is for sure. Guess it is better than being so dang gum predictable, lol. Downloading now. Gave up on yesterday's. Too many glitches, and I got tired of closing out and restarting, just to have it screw up again a couple of scenes later. May be tickled with this one...

et correct typo going to back to bed now...this one is so good, and I want to totally enjoy it after some rest. Been on the computer most of the day, and then in bed with a book, so bed is calling me back. But this one is good and isn't dark at all. ERS has come through again...kudos to the team!

eta (again) still had a typo, and then realized I had another post after this one, but who cares, lol.

Edited on 04/21/2011 at 1:48:16 AM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 21, 11 12:46 AM
10 minutes into the game, and I am hooked. Love the voice. And I was in bed with a good book, but had a couple of flashes of lightning and thought I should check storm progress. So now instead of shutting down and unplugging, I am going to play some more of this one and just check storm site every so often. Of course the dogs will alert if something bad is coming...usually.

Edited on 04/21/2011 at 12:50:28 AM PST

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Apr 21, 11 12:54 AM
Could tell from the opening that this was going to be a winner for me. Wide screen with no borders. Nice introduction and objects visible, good for these old eyes. Thanks Big Fish, looks like its long enough to last a while too. Im so glad i didnt have to give negative comments today. Its feels good. Have a good weekend fishies.

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on Apr 21, 11 12:56 AM
Downloading now.....Hurry,Hurry
I love ERS games and feel the same as WolfenRaindancer on yesterdays games. Gotta wait for the glitches to get fixed.
Now WolfenRaindancer...get your **** over to C & R. I love your reviews and it sounds like you like this one

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 21, 11 1:04 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:10 minutes into the game, and I am hooked. Love the voice. And I was in bed with a good book, but had a couple of flashes of lightning and thought I should check storm progress. So now instead of shutting down and unplugging, I am going to play some more of this one and just check storm site every so often. Of course the dogs will alert if something bad is coming...usually.

my dogs alert too,,,,,,they try to crawl inside my skin with me.. my big brave 100 lb pit even has his own xanax script for storms..he is that bad...

i,m thinking i wont even go back to bed...its 4 am, game is almost done...everybody else is aslleep,,, my quiet time to play w/o inturuption..

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Apr 21, 11 1:15 AM
So far, so good. This isn't a dark, creepy story at all. Another princess who has to restore her kingdom. I am enjoying the story, the voice overs, the **** scenes and some different puzzles. It's just late and I need some sleep. Will check on everyone's opinions later.

Happy gaming!
Joy

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Apr 21, 11 5:48 AM
YAY!!! Love ERS And this "Fairy Tale" story will be a nice change from all the games lately.
This was a straight buy for me since I did the Beta....Thanks BF!
Be back later with a full review..

Beautifully done graphics that are clear.
Interesting story line.
Mini games are imaginative and fit the game well.
Hints are plentiful.
Have to work hard for the miss-click and the punishment is short.
Length is decent. 4+ hours for me as it is a nice relaxing game.

Edited on 04/24/2011 at 3:37:14 PM PST

[Post New]by mareray on Apr 22, 11 4:16 AM
love the game tks BIG FISH

[Post New]by tudorvillage on Apr 24, 11 9:48 PM
I purchased the CE of Amber Maiden Collector's Edition as I thought I would get the SG. When I press the "more info" button it comes up with SG then when I press OK nothing happens. I feel ripped off - paying for a CE and not getting the extras.

PS. My apologies. I found the SG just when I finished.

Edited on 04/25/2011 at 9:18:35 PM PST

[Post New]by RosieBorders on Sep 10, 12 2:57 PM
Bonus Content Unavailable:
I bought the CE edition of Amber Maiden, and liked playing the game a lot. I do NOT like all of the D/E games that seem to be taking over the Casual Gaming world, and this was a very pleasant (surprise) change. The Strategy Guide was handy and accessible for me from the beginning. I've played the CE twice now, and although I received the "Congratulations, you can now access the bonus features" message, the "locks" are still in place, and the only available option I have is "Play." Anyone else had this issue?

Duh! Figured out I hadn't played the Bonus Game. Now that I have, everything is unlocked.

Edited on 09/12/2012 at 10:10:27 AM PST

Go to: