bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Apr 21, 11 12:20 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Apr 21, 11 12:50 AM
I just have to ask this question--Why are there two threads for the exact same topic (today's CE--Spirits of Mystery...)? One started by bfgFlounder, one started by bfgImbrium--post Cs & Rs in the first one you see, then, Oops!--there's another one! Do I post in both? I'm confused.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 21, 11 12:52 AM
I am certain that I saw a different game as the TGT at first! Was it just me? I just happened to come back to the forums and saw this game. I am DL now.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 21, 11 12:53 AM
I think the first one is the 'early bird special', Once the C&R gets started the other one kinda gets lost in the shuffle.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 21, 11 12:54 AM
elldee2728 wrote:I just have to ask this question--Why are there two threads for the exact same topic (today's CE--Spirits of Mystery...)? One started by bfgFlounder, one started by bfgImbrium--post Cs & Rs in the first one you see, then, Oops!--there's another one! Do I post in both? I'm confused.

Post in all! LOL! I think there are Easter Gremlins hopping about today!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 21, 11 12:55 AM
well here is my comment , i betad.

woohoo been waiting for this one, the beta was great, the game is over 700 mb, i know i said i wouldnt buy till i made sure the game works, but i am crossing my fingers.

now i love dark and eerie games but for those that dont, and have written ERS off as only doing d and e will be pleased, this is a medival themed game, , i will pop back in later, as i got my dl started , its 3 am, and bedtime....have fun

download almost done...woowoo

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 21, 11 12:55 AM
Whoot! Whoot! Back off Holiday and this beauty to download. Doesn't get better than this! dl'ing now. Can't wait.......

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on Apr 21, 11 1:01 AM
Glad to see this thread finally started
27% on download......

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Apr 21, 11 1:02 AM
peglegann wrote:
elldee2728 wrote:I just have to ask this question--Why are there two threads for the exact same topic (today's CE--Spirits of Mystery...)? One started by bfgFlounder, one started by bfgImbrium--post Cs & Rs in the first one you see, then, Oops!--there's another one! Do I post in both? I'm confused.

Post in all! LOL! I think there are Easter Gremlins hopping about today!

(OK, Peglegann--I'll heed your advice and just slap my typing all over!)

Last week, it was "CE Friday"--now, we're back to "CE Thursday"! Good forecast, Mudrock!

I don't see this game as being dark and evil (e.g., Green Hills Sanitarium or Redrum2), but rather a fantasy set in the Middle Ages. Sure, there's a "wicked witch" involved, but there was in The Wizard of OZ, too!

Keeping MY fingers crossed , too, Bella--sometimes, ERS games are a little sluggish. Yep, a bit after 3:00 AM here, too--some 's, then do the demo and try to come back with more comments! (Copy and Paste here and there, eh?)

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 21, 11 1:15 AM
It is the Easter Egg for me... Waited for this game sooo long.

No eldee, it's not anything close to the Hospital, Redrum, or Anomalies (I didn't buy them either), but a stunning fairy tale, awesome and pleasant to play.

Bought already.

Thanks ERS, thanks BF!

Edited on 04/21/2011 at 1:16:49 AM PST

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Apr 21, 11 1:16 AM
They put the DD in the TGT spot and then they changed it to the way it's supposed to be.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 21, 11 1:18 AM
elldee. copy and paste everywhere. put your left leg in, your left leg out etc!ROFL!
To the game. The options are surprisingly very basic, music, volume, custom cursor and full screen. The full screen told me that my resolution is wrong, so as I never chage it, I have the black bars either side. This never bothers me.
The story is very familiar, about King and Queen's demise but the baby is saved.
Please can someone tell me the name of the other game with a similar story?
Graphics are lovely, items are clear, I am playing on hard mode and have to do a lot of thinking! So it looks like a keeper.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 21, 11 1:19 AM
Woofie53 wrote:They put the DD in the TGT spot and then they changed it to the way it's supposed to be.

Thank you. I thought I was going doolallie!

17players_
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re: Enjoyed the demo

[Post New]by 17players_ on Apr 21, 11 1:19 AM
I enjoyed the demo. It took me 49 minutes to play the expert mode. Fairly easy play. Any ideas on a walkthrough so I can evaluate the length?

Will comment more later.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 21, 11 1:29 AM
well just popping in to say, i am playing the full game, downloaded fine, playing beautifully, no lagging, hog scenes very clear, seems like its gonna be a hog/ihog, the stratagy guide lists 7 chapters, plus the bonus...and it keeps your place,

hi 17players, bfg doesnt usuelly put out a guide untill the se is released because the ce comes with one

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 21, 11 1:40 AM
After 10 mins of game play, this was a buy. The storyline, graphics, voiceovers are excellent. Hidden object scenes are easy, with the pictures being large and objects easy to spot.

The mini games are different, making for a better game play.

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Apr 21, 11 1:42 AM
I played for about 15 minutes and rushed off to buy could not wait and so far everything about the game is worth 5 stars , 7 chapters plus bonus looks like a pretty good length as we know everyone plays at their own rate. Will let you know when I finish .....

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 21, 11 1:42 AM
bella81762 wrote:well just popping in to say, i am playing the full game, downloaded fine, playing beautifully, no lagging, hog scenes very clear, seems like its gonna be a hog/ihog, the stratagy guide lists 7 chapters, plus the bonus...and it keeps your place,

hi 17players, bfg doesnt usuelly put out a guide untill the se is released because the ce comes with one

Hi bella81762, thank you for the info. Have you any idea yet, how much game time there maybe? I know we all play at differing speeds

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 21, 11 1:46 AM
It's absolutely beautiful! Great graphics, sound, widescreen,voices,story. I love fairlytales and this one doesn't disappoint. But I never buy CE so I'll wait for the SE version. But I can't wait, I'm so looking forward to this one. Wounderful!

I'd rate this: FINE SWINE

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

‘ ‘
(o)

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Apr 21, 11 1:48 AM
peglegann wrote:

The story is very familiar, about King and Queen's demise but the baby is saved.
Please can someone tell me the name of the other game with a similar story?
Graphics are lovely, items are clear, I am playing on hard mode and have to do a lot of thinking! So it looks like a keeper.

You may be thinking of the first
Awakenings - The Dreamless Castle
it has a similar storyline, and also has beautiful graphics, music etc., and a good storyline despite the fairy.

I've only just downloaded and yet to play, so don't know about this one.

Jo

Go to: