sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Somebody contribute an opinion on this 4/21/11 DD please..

[Post New]by sartasia on Apr 21, 11 5:38 AM
Theres no write ups....anyone like this game?
Dislike this game?
Anyone??

(knocks on glass) Anyone out there????

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Somebody contribute an opinion on this 4/21/11 DD please..

[Post New]by kimberph on Apr 21, 11 6:10 AM
I tried this for 15 minutes and liked it for about the first 10. It is kind of cute but way to far in the "twitch" direction of arcade games for my taste.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Apr 21, 11 12:03 PM
OK, I tried it, and can see why there were no comments. I only made it to the first store, where you have to pack cartons with a specific toy, and certain amounts. The assembly line moved so slowly it made a snail look like the rabbit. This may be a good game to play with 2 year olds while teaching them to count, and recognize shapes. I was bored after 3 minutes and had to leave and delete.

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Apr 21, 11 12:49 PM
I played the full hour... and let me assure you the assembly lines do speed up quite a bit! (I was 1/2 way throught the 3rd store when my demo ended).

The concept is to pick up items from the conveyor belts and place them in the packing crates. If you fill a packing crate all at once (you can pick up as many of the same type of item at a time, just keep clicking on them) you get bonus points. If you wait to collect packing crates until a few are "attached" you get bonus points. There are also broken items that can not be packed (they will count as a miss if you try) and need to be recycled. You can "grab" all the different type of broken items at once to recycle and this is recommended because there is a small cooldown on the recycle bin.

The trick is that when the conveyor belts speed up, if you have any items on the end of the line, it will fall into whatever box is at the end of the line... and if it doesn't belong there you get a "miss". 3 misses are allowed per level and yes... there are few I had to restart for this (usually within the first 10 seconds of the level). And the speed of the conveyor belts is variable, they will "settle" down for bit after the initial speed loading (this doesn't start until the 8th or 10th level) and will just crawl for a while but they will "randomly?" speed up again and slow down again throughout the level. Each level is pretty short and on the order of 2 minutes.

There are additional bonuses that sometimes show up by the crates and I hadn't really figured out how to get them but some will fix all the items on your belts our let you grab every item of a type with one click(my favorite) or pull items into the crates, and so on. You also get "machines" were if you make the right match (at the bottom onf the screen) you can make one item worth a lot more or you can fix all the items on the belts. And after you complete each store, you can choose a "landmark" bonus. I saw the "get more money from recycling" and "make the boxes hold less (so you can pack more boxes)".

My big complaint on this game is I didn't see how to go back and replay a level where I missed the expert goal (once in the toy store, 1/2 the time in the furniture store and just about every level of the sports store). I love TM and I always go back and try for expert so not having the option here is ... sad. I was failry mesmerized by the game and suprised when my demo ended...

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Apr 21, 11 7:01 PM
Went okay until the conveyor belt speeded up so much I kept getting misses, hand-eye co-ordination not that good obviously so lost interest completely. Up till then it was quite fun. Not a buy.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 21, 11 7:37 PM
I thought this was a cute game until I got to around the 10th level. At that point, the conveyor was so fast at the beginning, I couldn't keep up. There were still a lot of levels left to go so I can't imagine how someone could possibly complete them. Maybe on my slower computer it is possible, but not on my notebook that is a lot faster. I'll have to pass on this one because it is just too stressful and frustrating to play.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Apr 21, 11 9:21 PM
OMG I took one look at this game and ran away. How is this a Match 3 game?! I get the match things going into the crates bit BUT that IMO is not a M3 game. More like arcade or TM.

HUGE no buy for me, I can not physically play anything that requires speed. Arthritis and carpal tunnel in both wrists. Just looking at it made my hands ache and stressed me out. I think its quite possibly the worst DD game I have ever seen and certainly put in the wrong category. ICK!

for me, to those that like it enjoy..although I don't think many fish will bite on this bait.

Go to: