Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Spoiler--For Those Who've Finished the Game

[Post New]by Catnipper on Apr 21, 11 6:46 PM
This game was great! Like the best of adventure games, it was like reading a book or being told a story. It reminded me of the days when I had no internet and used to buy games on floppys or CDs at $40-$60.

There were some drawbacks: I don't believe anyone could possibly have figured out all the moves without the help of the walkthrough. Even the walkthrough wasn't always detailed enough and I used two others besides the BF one. I had a lot of do overs because things weren't so clear.

But the story was worth it. It was a great story and great game.

Here comes the spoiler:

From the dialogue at the end, I wondered if the count/Omega was really Capt. Briggs.

Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Spoiler--For Those Who've Finished the Game

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 21, 11 6:57 PM
I had the same thoughts, Catnipper.
There were enough hints to make one think that, but it wasn't truly clear. I thought it was left that way for a sequel, but that doesn't appear to be in the future plans of this developer.

Like you, I really liked the game and needed 2 other walkthroughs because each one was incomplete in certain areas.

Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Catnipper on Apr 21, 11 7:37 PM
Wow, Mcurty, a soul mate. I'm glad I wasn't just imagining things. It really wasn't made clear, but from the rather strong hints, I can't imagine what else it could be.

This is what I love about Big Fish. Aside from the fantastic games and excellent and responsive customer service, the people in the forums are so friendly, helpful, enthusiastic and articulate. I'm beginning to think gamers are the best educated and nicest people on the web.

And it's wonderful to see such a diverse community of both young and old united in their passion for gaming.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 21, 11 8:52 PM
Catnipper, I love having a community to share my enjoyment of games. The pure adventure games (LFA) are my favorite. There is a thread for LFA pure adventure games in CCC where we share what we are playing etc. You might find it interesting also.

I'm beginning to think gamers are the best educated and nicest people on the web.

I couldn't agree more. There are a lot of super nice people in these forums.

Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Catnipper on Apr 22, 11 12:51 PM
Thanks, Mcurty. I'd been meaning to check out the Chit Chat Corner to find out what was there. So, thanks to your suggestion I checked it out and enjoyed myself. Now I've got to start Scratches.

After Tree of Life, I couldn't face another tough challenge involving walkthroughs. So I finished two IHOGS I'd been playing intermittently when I wanted to relax. Now it's time for an interesting and scary (I hope) LFA.

Go to: