Re:Welcome to Land of Runes forum

[Post New]by michelefindlay on Jul 15, 09 2:22 AM
I really like this game, the artwork is good and I like the 3D effects. However it won't run (or rather it runs very slowly and without all visuals) on my Vista OS on my laptop. Any ideas what I should do. So far I have tried downloading it 3 times. Slight improvement on second download but still not good enough to play. I've got plenty of space on my hard drive and 2GB of RAM.
Thanks in anticipation.
Michele

Barry_B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Barry_B on Sep 5, 09 7:26 AM
Yep, I just downloaded this game today and have the same problem in Windows 7 64bit, also tried a friends 32bit Vista machine and the same problem.

Main problem is the game runs very slow! I have a Core i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 2 x GTX260's and 6GB Ram so you can't tell me my system is not powerful enough!

The other problem is the screen seems not to draw all the graphics especially in the right hand and bottom part of the screen, it's like you have a piece of black card 2" wide stuck on the right hand side and bottom of the screen so it obscures part of game screen!

Is anyone from BigFishGames aware of this problem?

Edited on 09/05/2009 at 7:27:34 AM PST

[Post New]by HUBBY1943 on Dec 28, 09 5:27 PM
[i] please excuse caps, eye sight probs.
I KNOW HOW U FEEL HUN, IVE HAD THIS GAME FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS, THEN OUT OF THE BLUE, THE GRAPHICS SNARLED UP, BEFORE THIS IT WAS PERFECT. IVE ALSO UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED UMPTEEN TIMES TOO NO AFFECT, AND WHEN I GOT THIS NEW PC, I THOUGHT THAT THIS GAME WOULD GO BACK TO HOW IT SHOULD BE, BUT IT DID NOT.
IVE PLAYED AND HAVE OVER 1.500,000 POINTS, BUT THOUGH IVE ALMOST REACHED THE TOP, OR MAYBE I HAVE, AND DONT KNOW IT! (BECAUSE THE SNARLING AT THE TOP STOPS ME FROM SEEING IF IVE REACHED THE TOP), I FEEL THATS IT'S NOT QUITE THERE, & ITS VERY FRUSTRATING, SO AFTER PUTTING UP WITH IT FOR A VERY LONG WHILE, IM GOING TOO TRY AND TRACK DOWN ITS GRAPHICS DESIGNER FOR "ALAWAR GAMES", AND SEE IF ANYTHING CANT BE DONE ABOUT IT, I HOPE YOU AND ANYONE ELSE AFFECTED WILL DO LIKEWISE, SINCE WE ARE THEY'RE CUSTOMERS, AND THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!!, HUGS DIDI XXX

sudsysuzy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sudsysuzy on Sep 9, 11 9:35 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say how much I love this game. I am absolutely not a shooter/marble game player. So this is quite a departure for me.

When I get overwhelmed by an action/adventure game, I just play "Runes" for a bit and feel much more connected with the world. And I play it over and over trying different strategies. Just a great little game - one of those that seems simple but can capture your attention for a long time.

Go to: