bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

a recent tm convert wants to know, is this game more like....

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 22, 11 3:58 AM
a dash game....or shopping it up.....kinda looks like shopping spree(which i liked) then a dash game (which i dont)

i used to be a diehard hog only fan, but a few months ago during a dry spell i tried "royal envoy" and loved it, them proceeded to play all the resource management games i could find,, i tried and bought "shop it up.....i liked that too....so what tm catagory is this more like please? thanks

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:a recent tm convert wants to know, is this game more like....

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 22, 11 4:47 AM
Hi Bella

It's more a dash type game- one that I love but probably not the type you are looking.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 22, 11 4:57 AM
This is dash game not dash/hog game like Shop-N-Spree (which i also like). The game is some kind like Sally's Salon but with more things to do and more places to go. This is not kind of TM/Building game which Royal Envoy is, if you are HOG fans you may or may not like it, but this game is really good for me, i recommend you to try it

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 22, 11 5:23 AM
thanks,,, i demoed it and kind of liked it, does anyone know how many levels,,, or places to visit there is?

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Apr 22, 11 6:04 AM
Don't really know but I THINK I would be a long game cuz it takes time to get one medal and there are lots of medals to get. I'm now found 3 cities to visit but I think there will be a few more.

Enjoy the game

PS. If you like Royal Envoy would recommend Be Rich series and The Timebuilders to you.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Apr 22, 11 10:12 AM

Bella: Sally's Saloon and Spa Mania are in the same range.
You can try all the demo's.
This Jet Set Go has lots more variety it seems though.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Apr 22, 11 10:30 AM
Bella, this game also has a setting you can play on that will keep customers from leaving or getting angry. Just set it for beginner. I purchased it and have played through about 5 vacations spots now. I'm playing on Casual, you can always change it even in the middle of the game if you want more of a challenge. One plus for the game. I'm working on my last gold star for this level. I haven't had any real clicking frenzy to where my wrist is saying just wait... The only thing I can say I don't like about the game is the dancing game. I'm not really into the click into your hand feels like it's going to fall off TM's. There is a lot of clicking, but you can purchase a cashier to help check out customers which helps, and it hasn't been a click frenzy, at least not yet.

edit: To fix my spelling

Edited on 04/22/2011 at 10:33:01 AM PST

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Apr 22, 11 11:04 AM
Oh yes!!! You have to try timebuilders. If you loved royal envoy I think you would love timebuilders. It's a lot alike and funny. At one point there are robbers tiring to steal from your bank so they dress up as trees. Ok? It's a pretty long game too. At least for me because I am still trying to finish a few levels at the end. Anyway enjoy.
giggyann

Dottief
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Dottief on Apr 22, 11 6:47 PM
this game is not very long i got 5 stars in all the levels in about 6 hours. I liked it but i won the whole game in 6hr not good..now i'm looking for another game to play.

mooskilady
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mooskilady on Apr 23, 11 7:46 PM
Dottief wrote:this game is not very long i got 5 stars in all the levels in about 6 hours. I liked it but i won the whole game in 6hr not good..now i'm looking for another game to play.

Did you go back and earn all the service awards? This game takes forever if you do. I'm really enjoying it. Can't seem to get the 5 cups of coffee in a row in Italy though.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 23, 11 10:28 PM
i am so loving this game... mindful of the sally games, but also some of the cooking games i've played - where you have to make the drinks and flip people over, executing strokes with the mouse that achieve your result... but mostly sally...

i told myself that i wouldn't get any more of these games until i was sure i had all of the ones i already have all played out... but i really like that this one is so involved... taking pictures and waiting tables and just doing everything in the vacation... it's more than running the agency - it's making it all happen from beginning to end!

i, myself, have become a total TM junkie! how did this happen?!?

[Post New]by jaykay6767 on Apr 25, 11 8:06 AM
I love the game but agree it was too short! Going back to get the service awards does take time, but more levels would be more interesting, different settings and challenges/goals. I prefer sally games

Dottief
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Dottief on Apr 27, 11 6:15 PM
Hi mooskilady i got all the service awards as i played i did not go to the next place before i got everthing . The coffee was a little hard to get ..but most of the games i play are T M and that helped me with this one .. I only like T M game i love mostly any dash games.

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by silentpages on May 5, 11 7:44 PM
I am surprised that nobody has compared this game to Posh Boutique. They are similar. In both if you fail, it's no biggy. Just try again.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on May 6, 11 1:50 PM

silentpages wrote:
I am surprised that nobody has compared this game to Posh Boutique.

(TT places a diamond embellished cigarette holder on top of a nearby exotic imported hardwood cheese cabinet, removes leopard skin gloves one finger at a time, primps hair and powders nose)

I would be delighted to offer a comparison; but first, how do I look, dahling?

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Sep 2, 11 4:18 PM
Let's see...game recommendations for TM games...

I'm a total TM game fiend. I love the Timebuilder's series, Roads of Rome [one and two...and three is coming out soon]. I just finished Pioneer Lands and Rescue Team, and they were both okay. I love all of the Farm Frenzy games except Ancient Rome [i.e., I wouldn't recommend it]. Aztec Tribe is good if you don't have joint/arthritic issues [you have to click multiple times to kill birds with this game and it doesn't like my carpel tunnel].

I love that BFG allows you to download and try out a game first. Thanks BFG!

Happy Gaming, Fishes!

Go to: