Senior Citizens sign in!!

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by famvir3 on Dec 3, 17 6:43 AM
In New York, all my left over people (helping hands) are offering me gems, hats and bricks for cash. Pay 100 coins, get 2 green gems, etc. Before there would be puzzles to solve first. I had no helping hands in LA so no free stuff, but it looks like there may be other surprises in other cities yet uncovered.

Also, I did complete New York, so there were no helping hands left on the board, but the “new” city has a bunch of people, all offering resources for money. I wish I had Tbird’s LA board were you got stuff for free!

So so far it looks like free packages in Tokyo, free helping hands (for some) in LA, and pay for resources in NY. Plus the dog/robot payout in Tokyo I know I received over a year ago.

Edited on 12/03/2017 at 7:25:34 AM PST

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Dec 3, 17 7:27 AM
No luck for me today in LA. I completed the city 100% ages ago and didn’t find any of your lovely friends, Jules. I got the travel vouchers in Tokyo, which, like you, are useless. Fun to find though!

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Dec 3, 17 9:12 AM
Regarding the lady at level 110 in LA, she's there but have to play the 10 levels in order to get 500 coins.
The same for the man at level 103-1
I guess you have first to win the level and get the rewards.
Jules, haveyou already got these rewards before?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 3, 17 10:30 AM
Gummy Drop posted on Facebook a few minutes ago:
Be sure to stop by tomorrow, and bring your running shoes! We're hosting a brand new event!

So..... new type of event tomorrow? Or just Boston (or Amman) free to visit for X days?

Edited on 12/03/2017 at 10:50:58 AM PST

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Dec 3, 17 10:56 AM
For those of you who have completed N.Y., there are a couple of dogs, one at 19 and another at 44. I can't get anything, but I have not completed the city. Maybe there's something there for those of you who have?

Thanks for the tips in Tokyo!

Fish

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 3, 17 11:20 AM
Jules! Please take pity on me, don’t send me back to LA !! How I ever got through there I will never know but I know with the last Everest challenge I used most of the time there and I still have 6 missions to complete so I doubt I will ever be seeing rewards there. I have done SF 100% so I had a good look there but no goodies that I could see

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Dec 3, 17 2:58 PM
This is all so fascinating. Thanks for making Gummy Drop wicked interesting again.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 3, 17 4:28 PM
To the absolute best of my knowledge, I did collect everything back in LA, I do not remember seeing those people there. But the really weird thing is, as I said before, when you do the last piece of the 10 item mission, you don't have to tap on the person to give up the rewards, it happens automatically so this is a total mystery why the 3 people on my game in LA gave me those rewards, and yes, I had completed all the missions back then as I had to do so to progress.

Trav, why don't you use the next lot of 2 free hours after the Everest challenge (should it come back again, see no reason why not) and get those missions in LA completed, at least by doing it with the 2 free hours, you might really get close. worth considering anyway.

And Fish, those dogs in NY don't do anything, I think they are supposed to be more of those neon signs that are everywhere in NY. But good thought all the same. I clicked on everything I could see in every city last night going through them whilst shipping resources. I will keep my eyes open for more.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 3, 17 10:47 PM
Yeah Jules, I used all the 2 hours last time to get some missions in LA and I’ve been working on them while I wait for Melbourne (love that city for real visits)

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Dec 4, 17 12:08 AM
The dog reappeared for me in Tokyo. Clicked on it and a robot dropped in its place and coughed up a load of green gems. I didn't notice how many.

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Dec 4, 17 3:56 AM
I guess the New marathon event is similar to Everest. It marked the next 10 consecutive ( incompleted) levels in Copenhagen, which was the first city I opened.
it gave me a time boost when I completed the first leg of my marathon (three levels)
Second leg gave me a time boost plus a lightning bolt.
Third level (completion of the ten levels) gave me one lightning bolt, one wind boost, one hour of infinite lives.
Schedule your marathon completion for when you can use your lives, they start immediately on completion of the marathon.
Hope I have re-written this to be understandable, I was in a hurry to get back to my infinite lives!

Edited on 12/04/2017 at 5:39:09 AM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 4, 17 5:20 AM
No marathon event showing in updates on my ipad, I shut it down completely and rebooted, still nothing. SIgh! Oh well, hopefully it will turn up tomorrow. HOpe it hasn't run out of the two days by the time I get it! Sounds like it might be a new sort of version like Everest? Or is it some other sort of format? Maybe, its a few levels in various cities? Sounds like Gummynut has done it in Copenhagen, so it can't be like Everest if thats the case. Ah well, I will find out eventually no doubt. Tomorrow is another day.

[Post New]by mollythecat on Dec 4, 17 5:40 AM
On my iphone, the marathon is in my current city, Paris.

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Dec 4, 17 5:46 AM
My marathon event is the next ten levels in Bangkok which is my farthest open city. The first board gave me a time boost. I did not get a bonus on the next two - at least at tier 1 which is all I have done so far. I have not yet played the fourth board.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Dec 4, 17 9:23 AM
jules, it's not like Everest in that you don't go back to the first level if you fail to complete a later one. It looks like you have a couple of days to complete the next 10 levels in your current city and get some free boosts along the way.
Maybe they're trying to make up for not giving anything worthwhile in the Treasure Chests any more.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Dec 4, 17 10:09 AM
My Marathon opened in Istanbul (current working city), I completed the first 4 levels but can’t proceed until I build the next monument, which means it will be awhile, bcause I’m missing about 1.5 million resources. Aaargh

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Dec 4, 17 11:59 AM
Once again the most advanced players are left out. Not only do I have 8500 useless travel vouchers, but apparently I don't have the Marathon challenge because I have built all the monuments available. Oh well, I still love ya Gummy Drop.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 4, 17 3:54 PM
My understanding of the new marathon event is that these groups of players are at a disadvantage:
1. Those playing cities like Seoul that can take multiple days to ship enough resources to build a monument. They don't have time to do the marathon unless they buy boosts and HH cards and/or pay to ship quickly, unless they happen to have just completed a monument before the event started.
2. Those who have already finished all monuments in all cities. They don't get an event.
3. Those who have fewer than ten levels left on the main path of their city. Their marathon will start in the next city so they have to finish this one first, and those are likely to be the hardest levels and the monument need the most resources.

I do see an advantage for the developers. There is no need to design new levels or require downloads after the initial one. Write once, then just add the trigger for it to the database whenever they want to run the event again.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 4, 17 4:57 PM
I just posted in the thread about the marathon, basically, I haven't got the marathon as yet, doubt its going to happen for me, but I have not built the final monument in Copenhagen yet, so it probably won't appear as its the final one and there is nothing after it. This marathon sounds like a big dud and a pile of utter confusion across the board. Maybe they are just testing this one out, but I can see a LOT of issues with it if its not available for EVERYONE to play and that should also include those on PC too. Fix it GD please.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 4, 17 5:26 PM
You are dead right Jules, it seems like a real SNAFU!!

Go to: