gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
775 Posts

Re:we few, we happy few, we band of DQ'ers

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 8, 17 8:46 AM
Woohoo TiramaSue! Very happy for you on your new achievement.

And I'm so very glad that you finally had a good DQ'ing day.

Nice job, best of luck, sharing a few to help keep your your luck going, and a few to brighten your day.

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Oct 8, 17 10:16 AM
I finished my first 10 part DQ on August 19.

My current stats are

3 Part 27/50
5 Part 22/50
10 Part 11/50

I've made more progress than I ever expected but can't compare to the dedicated DQers who do more in a week.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,259 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 8, 17 10:56 AM
silver_hawk wrote:

Three Days - Stinks . Sorry to see game 2 is in this maddening loop.

I'm ready to go to Plan B (send a 300 wheel airship to satisfy Trina and get those last 3 crates), but the last ship that game was only worth 291 wheels. Pity because it wanted all 3 op the item I have most of. Naturally the next ship due in wants the 3 items I have the least of.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
775 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 8, 17 11:11 AM
mdpetdoc wrote:I finished my first 10 part DQ on August 19.

My current stats are

3 Part 27/50
5 Part 22/50
10 Part 11/50

I've made more progress than I ever expected but can't compare to the dedicated DQers who do more in a week.

Very nice progress. Good Job. Welcome to the band of DQ'ers.

We post our monthly progress on the last day of every month. So hope you will continue DQ'ing and shard your progress again.

Congratulations.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,314 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 8, 17 11:23 AM
TiramaSue wrote:

I'm ready to go to Plan B (send a 300 wheel airship to satisfy Trina and get those last 3 crates), but the last ship that game was only worth 291 wheels. Pity because it wanted all 3 op the item I have most of. Naturally the next ship due in wants the 3 items I have the least of.

I just did 2 rounds of 50 HOS (total 100) on game 2 and one complete round of game 1 (is that 93 on level 78?). Roughly 200 HOS today. This is getting harder and harder to keep up with. I may have to rethink what I do. May have to get what I can (airship items) during the next two events. Then decide which game I want to work on. It can't be both. I can do DQ's on both games simultaneously but only do HOS on one. Then... when one of the game runs out of airship items finish the other until I get the achievements on that game. After which I'll need to decide if I still want to work on the achievements on the neglected game or quit trying.

Keeping up with having enough airship items (even for one game) is getting to be too frustrating. Especially when you have to skip so many DQ's because of the airship issue. Which, in turn, prolongs getting the achievements. I'm beginning to feel like I'm enduring the game more than enjoying the challenge of getting achievements. Questioning whether this is worth the trouble.

Yesterday I could barely force myself to look at another HOS. Opened the game once per hour to do the minimum to complete Robbery of the Century and my CC tasks. Spent the rest of the day watching several movies.

I did some figures based on average airships and 10 part DQ's. Game 1 I will need to search another 65,000 HOS's for airship items. It's been almost 4 years since I started MC and haven't even got 70k yet. Game 2, which will have to stay on Level 47, will take another 25,000 HOS's to be searched for airship items. That's ONLY to complete the 500 10-part DQ's on each game. Have not figured in seasonal events airships.

I shouldn't have done that but I had to know.

Edited on 10/08/2017 at 11:25:09 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,259 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 8, 17 11:41 AM
silver_hawk wrote:. I'm beginning to feel like I'm enduring the game more than enjoying the challenge of getting achievements. Questioning whether this is worth the trouble.

Yesterday I could barely force myself to look at another HOS. Opened the game once per hour to do the minimum to complete Robbery of the Century and my CC tasks. Spent the rest of the day watching several movies.

The previous castle day, I only opened the game to send out gifts. Didn't even feel like playing the puzzles. I played Queen's Garden Halloween instead of MC.

Today I've played around 250 HOS. My hand and arm is okay, but the back of my neck hurts.

I'd suggest taking a break from the DQ's and just playing the CC's and the seasonal events, but the developers have crammed them full of airship sending.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,314 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 8, 17 11:48 AM
TiramaSue wrote:

I'd suggest taking a break from the DQ's and just playing the CC's and the seasonal events, but the developers have crammed them full of airship sending.

I noticed .

I only completed 6 DQ's in the last 5 days (including today) on each game. Less than 1 DQ per day per game in a week. At a total of 1500 DQ's toward achievements this is going to take a really long time, LOL .

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,259 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 8, 17 12:02 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:

I noticed .

I only completed 6 DQ's in the last 5 days (including today) on each game. Less than 1 DQ per day per game in a week. At a total of 1500 DQ's toward achievements this is going to take a really long time, LOL .

It's mind-boggling that the developers spent most of 2016 "rebalancing" the game but didn't do anything about the airships, except to give us more tasks requiring sending them.

The end result is that airships dominate the game.

I'm seriously considering putting the DQ's on hold, and just working on Trina.

Yes, I'd still have to send airships, but those 300 and over airships would now become useful and I wouldn't have to play the Crypt, Broken Carriage, Broken Well, Game Table, Belfry, Elfish Bas-Relief, and Armor and Banners all day long and open up the Burnt Tree, Stone Gargoyle, Rock Garden, Bird Cage, Harp in Blossom, etc multiple times each day.

BAPPLE
Herring
Herring
340 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Oct 8, 17 12:09 PM
Progress today (if its still there when I try to Save it) October 8

Helpful Device ( I did most of this one twice; tried to save after finishing it the first time
and everything I did was wiped out except gifting)
Birth of Goo done I hope
Ancient Picture done
Another Potion I got a decent airship so done
Helping Hand passed (couldn't believe a 5th 5 part DQ came up)

Have had technical issues ( beyond getting kicked out which also happens too often in my opinion) which I have managed up to now but they are much worse today. If I don't record progress that is why.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,314 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 8, 17 12:17 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

I'm seriously considering putting the DQ's on hold, and just working on Trina.

Yes, I'd still have to send airships, but those 300 and over airships would now become useful and I wouldn't have to play the Crypt, Broken Carriage, Broken Well, Game Table, Belfry, Elfish Bas-Relief, and Armor and Banners all day long and open up the Burnt Tree, Stone Gargoyle, Rock Garden, Bird Cage, Harp in Blossom, etc multiple times each day.

It makes sense to me. You're thinking of putting DQ's on hold and working on Trina.

I've been thinking of it in the opposite. Work on DQ's then Trina. Easier for me to just work on one achievement at a time. Sure it will take longer, which is fine. For me I'm looking at about 2 years (maybe more because of airships) for DQ's. Then another year or few toward Key Master. Although I am getting more and more frustrated about airships since everything needs them (DQ's, TQ's, CC's, Events).

It's why I work on Trina passively. She'll still be there when the other achievements are completed. I will always have something to work on in between updates. 5000 Keys will take a long time. I haven't even hit 175 on that yet in 6 months.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,314 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 8, 17 1:05 PM
Now that I've re-read these posts (including mine). Took a moment to sit outside and breath in some fresh air.

TiramaSue, you have an interesting point. You got me thinking that I need to rethink my current strategy and method of playing. Now I still need to do some thinking so I'm not set on what I'll do yet... but...

Perhaps I could either...

* Work on Trina for a while and take a break from DQ's.
* Work on DQ's on one game and Trina on the other game.
* When I get an airship over 300 go ahead and give it to Trina on days that I won't do a 3 or 5 part DQ (should it come up that way).
* Maybe just go ahead and do all DQ's and when I run out of airship items do the rounds, rounds, and more rounds until I have a base of 1000 again of each then start again.

There are days I'm not doing DQ's anyway because of Lost Pages, Three Days, Inspiration, Helping Hand, and Another Potion. So if I had to take time out for just doing rounds for a while and not do any DQ's wouldn't seem like much of a difference.

Lots of options here. But it does give me some food for though to try and make this game interesting again. I'll have the rest of the year to contemplate it since there are no Gnomes during the events.

Thanks TS. As usual, you really get me thinking and re-analyzing my strategies. All of the advice you've given has always been helpful to me.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,259 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 8, 17 1:32 PM
I might actively work on Trina when the gnomes disappear. Working on her quests is less stressful since they aren't timed liked the DQ's. And it might be enough of a mental boost (making progress on something) to keep me going.

I'm still play the castle HOS to try and get some of the DQ ZZ openers so I'm not playing hand to mouth when the gnomes return.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,314 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 8, 17 5:55 PM
Castle Date Oct. 9

Game 1:
Special Interest
Three Days of the Castle Explorer (pass)

CC task #15: Done
(50 daily prize, 600 WoF star x2, 100 HOS, 1200 dice, 3200 pets for DQ)

Game 2:
Robbery of the Century
In the Service of the Record Keeper (pass)

CC task #15: Done
(50 daily prize, 1200 dice, 200 DQ parts, 100 WoF star, 2450 HOS)

Have to do some of Robbery by opening the HOS early on a few with diamonds. Monthly Dr. appointment and other errands tomorrow. I don't want to pass up a 10 part DQ since I've passed up so many other DQ's this week.

Update:
Bummed that I got Record Keeper today. Really could have used it at GMT for CC task #16 (30 items in ZZ's). Alas, one day too early. Skipping it since it's ZZ heavy and tonight the CC is for ZZ's. Besides, my back hurts and I need to take it easy today.

Edited on 10/09/2017 at 11:04:59 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,259 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 8, 17 6:01 PM
Castle Date: Oct 9

Game #1
Helpful Device
Legendary Scroll
Three Days of the Castle Explorer (pass)

CC task #12 - 10 items from the fortune wheel - done
CC task #13 - get 5 unusual stamps - done
CC task #14 - craft 20 items - done
CC task #15 - Get 4000 coins in 4 hours - done

Game #2
Helpful Device
What's Going On
Experiment
Competition
Legendary Scroll
Another Potion (pass)

CC task #10 - 9 crates packed - done
CC task #11 - 70 hidden object scenes searched - done
CC task #12 - 10 items from the fortune wheel - done
CC task #13 - get 5 unusual stamps - done
CC task #14 - craft 20 items - done
CC task #15 - Get 4000 coins in 4 hours - done

Helpful Device isn't helpful at all for either game.

Edited on 10/09/2017 at 12:54:08 PM PST

BAPPLE
Herring
Herring
340 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Oct 8, 17 9:13 PM
October 8/9

Rare Editions done
Something New Will decide in the morning when I can roll dice and see what the airship wants.

Finished a Trina quest with the airship and gold was enough to complete the CC.
Followed with a completing another Trina Quest.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
775 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 8, 17 10:32 PM
Daily Progress 10/8/17

Experiment 3 part
Birth of Goo 5 part
Competition 3 part
Strange Papers 3 part
Knowledge Hunter 5 part
Strange Papers 3 part
Something New 10 part

HOS: 71,933
Trina: 564
Postcards: 2069 (beginning)

Edited on 10/09/2017 at 9:21:46 AM PST

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
775 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Oct 8, 17 10:35 PM
Silver:

I tried to do a second game because it sounded fun to stay at level 47 and just do DQ's. But it turns out I couldn't handle doing even more hos. I set my game up with some holiday pets to prepare, but sadly just can't do it.

I can say it is certainly hard to get motivated to do hos, so I can truly understand. I really need to do at least 200 a day, but seems I'm failing now-a-days.

HennyMarie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,095 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 8, 17 11:38 PM
Inspiration DONE
Something new (waiting for dice) DONE

CC done.. took no time at all just doing my normal rutine.. exept I spent 4 extra bags of food

Edited on 10/09/2017 at 2:24:46 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,259 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Oct 9, 17 5:16 PM
Castle Date: Oct 10

Game #1
Inspiration (pass)

CC task #16 - use 30 items in zoom zones - done

Game #2
Something New
Strange Papers
In the Service of the Record Keeper (pass)

CC task #16 - use 30 items in zoom zones - done

Edited on 10/10/2017 at 3:13:13 PM PST

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,314 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 9, 17 5:16 PM
Castle Date Oct. 10

Game 1:
Robbery of the Century (48 ZZ items)
Secret Delivery (pass - out of time)

CC task #16: Done

Game 2:
Lost Pages (pass)

CC task #16: pending

Lost Pages on game 2 is the 4th time within the past 7 days. Getting nowhere fast.

Edited on 10/10/2017 at 2:18:38 PM PST

Go to: