Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Werewolf Nexus Tube?--Mac bug or my miss?

[Post New]by Katie318 on Apr 22, 11 4:39 PM
I've made it through the game without consulting the walkthrough but am stumped now--and the walkthrough doesn't help. There is either a bug in the game (Macintosh) or I've missed something.

I've netted the werewolf and he's now energy. I have the screwdriver and a test tube of pink stuff. I have no nexus tube. The walkthrough says there should be a hidden object scene at the sentry's house out front to gain the nexus tube I need. I click on the dead sentry and it says something like "maybe there's something useful in the sentry's station". But there is no hidden object scene. And I have no nexus tube. Aaaaargh.

Re:Werewolf Nexus Tube?--Mac bug or my miss?

[Post New]by analogmama on Apr 22, 11 10:02 PM
Did you use the telegraph machine in the main office? You have to run that puzzle, which will then tell you to go to the front gates, and trigger the search scene.

rubylace66
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by rubylace66 on Apr 23, 11 5:28 AM
im pretty sure this happened to me too...and mine is not mac
i did the telegraph thing..and the hidden object scene in the sentry box ..got the nexus tube...and exited the game
when i started to play it in the afternoon...nexus tube was gone from my inventory....GRRRRR
NOW I WILL HAVE TO START AGAIN

not happy

Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Katie318 on Apr 23, 11 8:13 AM
I forgot about the telegraph puzzle! Earlier it told me I didn't have enough info to solve it...even though I did...and I put it right out of my mind. That did the trick. Many, many thanks Analogmama. :-)

analogmama wrote:Did you use the telegraph machine in the main office? You have to run that puzzle, which will then tell you to go to the front gates, and trigger the search scene.

[Post New]by Candyabdella on May 21, 11 3:22 PM
I have a MAC and I am having the same issue. No Nexus tube and I did the telegraph machine and went to the front gate and did the puzzle. Nexus is gone from my inventory when I get to the Werewolf.

Nosferat2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Nosferat2 on Dec 8, 11 3:41 PM
I'm a late arrival to this game and I'm sure the original posters are long gone, but I had a similar problem on my PC and I'm hoping this helps someone.

I had also done the telegraph puzzle and the sentry HOS. Like the others my Nexus tube disappeared after quitting the game and returning later.

Good news, you can re-do the telegraph puzzle and restart the sentry HOS to get a new Nexus tube.

[Post New]by Slone1329 on Sep 28, 12 4:17 PM
I'm not on a mac and I triggered the "front gate" did the hidden object part and the tube was missing from inventory I can't re activate the telegraph.

I'm guessing I need to start over?

Go to: