belamba
Clownfish
Clownfish
948 Posts

Post any Fallen Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 23, 11 12:26 AM
I can't get the game to start. Keep getting message can't create share file data......
Anyone else getting this? Or any ideas on how to get the trial to start please?
Thanks,
Belamba

Edited to include message I'm getting which is; Cannot create shared data folder..........(then my personal computer file locations) followed by......application data/happy muffin top/fallen shadows.

What is Happy Muffin Top??

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 8:09:12 AM PST

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

Re:Technical issues

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Apr 23, 11 12:49 AM
Although this won't help you to get the game going...Happy Muffin Top is the name of the game developer.

belamba
Clownfish
Clownfish
948 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 23, 11 12:53 AM
Thanks for that, I thought it was a virus!
I've never had a message like the one I keep getting. Tried compatability settings, run as administrator...but all roads lead back to this shared data issues.
I'm sure the devs shouldn't be included in the file. I've W7 64-bit......
I've uninstalled it. Will try reinstalling and try again!

Second download still not working.....I've run out of ideas boo hoo :-((

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 1:17:49 AM PST

belamba
Clownfish
Clownfish
948 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 23, 11 1:28 AM
Problem seems to be that the file is application data, but W7 only has appdat so, it's not finding it. Oh well, roll on tomorrow......

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Apr 23, 11 1:29 AM
I got it to download ok, but once into the game my cursor was very jerky. Went back to start over and didn`t find where or if you could change cursors. Did finish the short game introduction in about 35 minutes even with the jumpy corsor.

belamba
Clownfish
Clownfish
948 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 23, 11 1:54 AM
My husband, being the genuis he is cracked my tech issue. We had to create a new file location for the game. Once done it started the trial without any further hiccups.The file name didn't tie up with any file locations in my laptop. Never had that before. If anyone else has this issue, I'll gladly let you know what you need to do!

[Post New]by Grandmajacky on Apr 23, 11 3:13 AM
The game has frozen in the scene with the frozen fountain!!

Technical issuescant get the game to load ,,keep getting :cannot create shared data file ,

[Post New]by maggs67l on Apr 23, 11 3:24 AM
belamba wrote:I can't get the game to start. Keep getting message can't create share file data......
Anyone else getting this? Or any ideas on how to get the trial to start please?
Thanks,
Belamba

Edited to include message I'm getting which is; Cannot create shared data folder..........(then my personal computer file locations) followed by......application data/happy muffin top/fallen shadows.

What is Happy Muffin Top??

[Post New]by pizzablue on Apr 23, 11 3:57 AM
I really like this game, just wish it didn't take so long for my computer to change between scenes. My screen goes black and I can see the cursor but I have to wait for the next scene to come on. I don't usually have any trouble with BF games but this time there is. I am hoping someone can help me. Thanks

Godsinger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Godsinger on Apr 23, 11 4:05 AM
I can't get this game to start on any computer from XP to Win 7 x64 (I have 6). Just goes right back to the game manager. I can usually do a workaround with no problem, but not here.

Wierd

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
709 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 23, 11 5:09 AM
I had problems at first then i went to display settings then screen resoulation then pixels to 1600 by 900..I hope this helps, I was not going to buy the game, until I did all this now everything works great! happy gaming by the way the game is great! loved all the graphics and sounds..I give Thx and devs

Divaaa
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by Divaaa on Apr 23, 11 5:23 AM
Mine froze @ opening, where it says to clk to skip intro,, had to shut down , was the only way too get out. the usual ways did not work,,, think the game needs a fix!!!!!!

D

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
757 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 23, 11 5:47 AM
Also cannot get this game to begin. It took forever to download and now it will not start.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 23, 11 5:50 AM
Got a new error message Fallen Shadow create DX7 serface failed... what the heck is that lol game shutdown.

4/28 guess they are waiting for the dev for a fix. Thought I would try game again to see what happened.. game didnt save uggg. Started at the beginning and froze immediately at the frozen fountain. oh well.

Hope we get a fix soon.

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 3:22:04 AM PST

hogfan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by hogfan on Apr 23, 11 5:55 AM
Divaaa wrote:Mine froze @ opening, where it says to clk to skip intro,, had to shut down , was the only way too get out. the usual ways did not work,,, think the game needs a fix!!!!!!

D

ditto here - going to delete now

[Post New]by mholifi566 on Apr 23, 11 6:04 AM
Cannot get the game to play. It says it is running but it is not.

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
380 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Apr 23, 11 6:10 AM
Divaaa wrote:Mine froze @ opening, where it says to clk to skip intro,, had to shut down , was the only way too get out. the usual ways did not work,,, think the game needs a fix!!!!!!

D

Somehow it makes me feel a tad better to see that others are having the exact trouble that I am. So I can't test it even though I'm wondering why I woke up dead.

crypsynight
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Apr 23, 11 6:29 AM
I can only play the game in window mode - which makes it too small to see properly. When i play it in full screen (no matter what resolutions my screen is set at) it auto adjusts so that it is square shaped (I have a wide screen) with the top and bottom of the pic running off the screen, and thus inaccessible.
Am I the only one having this problem? Looks like it'll be a great game if it would play properly.

[Post New]by Greenseale on Apr 23, 11 6:36 AM
My game has also frozen at the frozen statue, started again with a new profile and same happened when I went into the house.

sparkers2005
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Apr 23, 11 6:42 AM
what's going on with these games. yesterday that one was slow and cursor was jerky. same thing with this one. seems like a nice game but i can't play it with cursor jerking around and game moving in slow motion.

Go to: